Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

And I like how he openly admits that he created nothing but an army of lame Knuckles recolors by saying that they're are lot more than the dozens he listed.

Edited by Sonimas032
  • Thumbs Up 1

Best Ken Penders quote ever?

Ken P: This is why I wouldn't want any Sonic fans who aren't trained lawyers representing me.

This guy is such a tool.

Edited by AuroraRedwinters
  • Thumbs Up 3

That image is hilarious. I also like how Penders response doesn't actually address anything in the picture and instead just repeats his same old arguments, which seem to be; 'I created these characters therefore they're mine', which by that logic SEGA created Shade therefore she's theirs. But it's not as simple as that and he knows it but he refuses to acknowledge that because he has no sense of irony.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm getting a huge Christian Weston Chandler vibe here...except this one's being paid...

Has the world turned upside down in the past few hours or something? dry.png >_>

Edited by Enigma2Me
  • Thumbs Up 4

Best Ken Penders quote ever?

Ken P: This is why I wouldn't want any Sonic fans who aren't trained lawyers representing me.

This guy is such a tool.

• Thumbs Up 2

"I am Christian Weston Chandler, THE original creator of Sonichu and Rosechu the electric hedgehog pokemon"

That's all I'm hearing from this. I hope some fan creates an Asperchu equivalent of something of his just to get lulz biggrin.png

EDIT: ah fuck ninja'd

Edited by Derpy the Snowmare

By the way someone posted that picture on Penders forum and he's not happy.
Edited by BlizzardJeffhog

I don't remember a city called Portal at all. Shows how much I kept up with the Knuckles mythos outside of Rainbow Valley and the Goldenhive Colony. :/

Can you imagine the Judge's thoughts during this whole case in court when hes hearing penders go on and on about these stupid little similarites between furry comic book characters. i'm betting the first thought will be "Wtf i'm I listening to?!"

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 4

I'm just going to make my own (joke?) predictions for that same issue span;

-Eggman acts as fabulous as ever.

-Antoine gets to kick ass finally.

-Metal Sally is more likable than the real Sally to a portion of the Archie fans.

-Espio and Vector end up stealing screentime again because they can somehow do that even if they're not the fo--THOSE ISSUES WERE FOR MONKEY KHAN AND BILL PLATYPUS YOU THIEVING BASTARDS.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm just going to make my own (joke?) predictions for that same issue span;

-Eggman acts as fabulous as ever.

-Antoine gets to kick ass finally.

-Metal Sally is more likable than the real Sally to a portion of the Archie fans.

-Espio and Vector end up stealing screentime again because they can somehow do that even if they're not the fo--THOSE ISSUES WERE FOR MONKEY KHAN AND BILL PLATYPUS YOU THIEVING BASTARDS.

In the end this to me has come down to a battle of art styles than anything else. I think he could get away with cut pasting his concepts from Archie into his own story. But the character LOOKS TOO SIMILAR. WHY DOESN'T HE JUST FUCKING CHANGE HOW SHE LOOKS?!

Art Style change. Name Changes. Thats all he needs!

Even if Penders was 100% right in his conclusions to copyright. He still shouldn't do this. Right =/= Advisable. To much bad blood when it comes to fan characters. The drama soup is far too thick. Even IF he won the case. Nobody will read his story or buy his books out of spite alone.

Edited by Dejablue

Since the issue is technically out already, I think it's safe to finally post my 231 summary for all to see. It's summary time!

1.The issue begins with the newly Roboticized Mecha Sally grasping Sonic by the throat while Eggman yucks it up at his expense.

2."No...Sal..."

3.Sonic looks into her eyes, but only gets a cold, violent stare back.

4."C'mon, Sally...fight it! I KNOW you're in there! Don't let the Doc win this one!"

5.Sally doesn't respond.

6."Please...don't make me fight you..."

7.Eggman approaches from behind Mecha Sally, massaging his aching back.

8."HA HA HA--Ahhh, Princess. You may have set my plans back, but this is a DELIGHTFUL consolation prize! Come along, now. It's time to take out the trash."

9.Eggman heads into an elevator, Mecha Sally following behind while still holding Sonic by the throat.

10.They ascend to the upper level of the Death Egg.

11."I suppose the sensible thing to do would be to walk you both into an incinerator...but I want to ENJOY this little turnabout."

12."GRRK! Won't...get...away...with this!"

13."Oh, please, rodent. That tired old line? Toss him out, my dear."

14.Eggman opens up a large hatch that leads to the ruined Mobotropolis below.

15."Sal...don't..."

16.Mecha Sally releases her grip and Sonic falls down the hatch and out of the Death Egg.

17.Eggman pats Mecha Sally on the head.

18."Good girl."

19."Thank you, sir. Your word is law."

20."Oh-ho-ho! So it is! Snively! Prepare for a full assault!"

21."*KZZT!* But, sir...! *BZZZT!*"

22."I don't care how damaged we are! I have a Death Egg, it's got a Chaos Emerald, and we can destroy New Mobotropolis before Sonic hits the ground!"

23."That's just it! *KSSSK* The Chaos Emerald is GONE!"

24."...What?"

25."I don't *BZZZT!* when it happened, but the roboticizer blew *KSSSK!* and we're running low on power!"

26."Of all the blasted...and just when I thought I had that "Chaos Factor" in my favor! Full retreat! Launch Projects "Titan" and "Deadly Cuddles" to delay them! Mecha Sally, come with me!"

27."Yes, sir."

28."I need to come up with a better name for you."

29.Elsewhere, Sonic is still falling, but is quickly caught by the Tornado.

30."*KOFF!* Thanks for the save."

31."Sure, but what's going on? Where's Sally?"

32."I...couldn't save her. Again."

33."What do you mean? What happened?"

34."I'll explain on the way. Just get me back up there!"

35."All...all right..."

36."And where's Naugus? Isn't that jerk supposed to be helping us up here?!"

37.Elsewhere, Naugus is laying on the ground, weakened and frazzled by the wave of light that changed the world.

38."F-F-Flash of light...all white...gone...where?"

39.Suddenly, a large, red sphere drops from the Death Egg and lands smack dab in the middle of New Mobotropolis.

40.Big is protecting Vanilla and Cream from the mysterious ball while Mobians run in terror from it.

41.Cream tells her mother not to be afraid and that she's sure that the Freedom Fighters will protect them.

42.Suddenly, the sphere morphs into Titan Metal Sonic who roars menacingly over the ruined city.

43.Elsewhere, Bunnie and Antoine are watching the carnage from above.

44."Did he just shoot a gigantimous Metal Sonic at ze city?!"

45."You concentrate on flyin', Sugah! I'll take care of that thing!"

46.Bunnie flys off while Amy cheers her on.

47."Hit it once for me!"

48.Meanwhile, Naugus finally manages to pull himself up and shake off his dizziness long enough to notice the destruction.

49."What is that?! One of the Doctor's creations is menacing MY city!"

50.He says that he won't let Eggman destroy his kingdom before he can claim it, but not before yelling "Quiet! All of you!" at an unknown source.

51.Mobians are fleeing from Titan Metal when Bunnie and Naugus arrive. Bunnie tries to tell him to buzz off, but Naugus tells her to be quiet and help him destroy it.

52.They both shoot at the giant with laser beams and flame magic, but it doesn't have any effect.

53.Naugus has finally lost his patience and insists that he CAN defeat the behemoth. He then shoots a huge energy beam at Titan Metal with all of his might, hitting both it and Bunnie in the process, crystalizing them.

54.Elsewhere, Snively warns Eggman that they've lost contact with Titan Metal.

55.Eggman orders Snively to put the engines on reserve power while pouring the rest of their remaining power reserves into the Egg Annihilator beam.

56.Snively tries to warn them that they're already damaged and running low on power, but Eggman orders Mecha Sally to force Snively to do it. Snively obeys.

57."Good girl. I still need a better name for you, though..."

58.Outside, Sonic and Tails approach the Death Egg, which is gathering its power into the large, yellow core at the bottom of it.

59."After all that...what ELSE does it have?!"

60.A huge laser beam in the shape of Eggman's logo blasts down at New Mobotropolis, barely glazing Sonic and Tails and destroying the Tornado on the way.

61.Naugus takes action and controls the now crystalized Titan Metal Sonic, using it to block the laser and shattering it into crystal shards in the process.

62.Elsewhere, Cream leaves Vanilla and Big to search for Bunnie, against her mother's wishes.

63.She finds Bunnie, who almost gets impaled by one of the falling shards of Titan Metal, but lifts her out of harm's way in time.

64.She takes Bunnie to Vanilla, who tells Big to get her to Dr. Quack as soon as possible.

65.Cream picks up Bunnie's now crystalized hat and tries to get it to her, but suddenly spots a very familiar-looking doll laying amongst the rubble.

66."I'll bring her--oh! Somebody dropped their doll!"

67.She picks it up while Cheese carries Bunnie's hat and the two rush to join Big and Bunnie.

68."I'm sure whoever owns you...would miss you."

69.Meanwhile, Sonic and Tails descend from the sky, Sonic using Tails' flying ability to make up for their lack of plane. They approach Antoine and Amy's carrier, which also went down thanks to the beam.

70.Sonic hopes that nobody is hurt and calls for any survivors. Amy suddenly breaks down the door using her Piko Piko Hammer.

71."I said "OPEN!""

72.Sonic asks her if anyone's hurt, but thankfully, everyone is fine. Amy asks about the Tornado, but Sonic tells her that they had to bail.

73."Okay. You're all fine here. I'm going after the Death Egg."

74."What? Sonic, you look like you can barely stand!"

75.Geoffrey chimes in.

76."We barely scraped through this fight! What's so important you can't--wait. Sally went in there with you. Where is she?"

77."She disabled the Death Egg's greatest weapon. But she was...she was...Eggman has her."

78."Right. The planes are down, but I can still run. I'll get her back."

79."Sonic--NO! You're in no condition to fight on your own!"

80."Amy..."

81."Look, mate, the city's been attacked. We need to..."

82.Antoine is fed up.

83."Shut ze face! We were already distracted enough by you! You are NOT ze one to be trying to help now!"

84."Look...I can...I can still..."

85."Sonic...we'll get her back. But not now. We just...CAN'T right now."

86."Sonic, please...we need you here..."

87.Sonic glares at the Death Egg and leaves with the others.

88.The group approaches a very charred New Mobotropolis, Amy wondering why Nicole hasn't fixed it yet.

89.While Sonic and company are investigating, cheers of "RAH-RAH! HOORAY! TO THE KING!" can be heard in the background.

90.Sonic looks between some of the now grounded crystal shards and makes a very startling discovery.

91."...real grass? Not nanites?"

92.Suddenly, Cream arrives (Still holding Tails Doll) and tells Sonic to follow her. Sonic and company follow her advice and come to a large group of Mobians (Including Big, Vanilla, and Dr. Quack.) overlooking the crystalized Bunnie.

93.Antoine is of course, shocked by this discovery.

94."Mais qu'est-ce que--?!"

95."It's magic, Commander. I can only begin to guess."

96.Dr. Quack says that Bunnie is stable and tells Big to help him bring her to the hospital.

97.Amy asks Vanilla what happened.

98."It was dreadful! First the giant robot, and then all the lights and explosions, then poor Mrs. D'Coolette fell, and now that...that awful Wizard!"

99.Amy notices the cheering.

100."Sonic...the cheering..."

101."It's not for us."

102."He stopped the giant Metal Sonic!"

103."He saved us from the Death Egg!"

104."He can protect us from Nicole AND Dr. Eggman!"

105."We want our new king!"

106.The issue ends with a large group of Mobians cheering for their new King, Ixis Naugus.

107.The backstory explains what was up with Naugus' little freakout after the wave hit. It turns out that the reality shift reawakened the three Ixis Wizards that originally fused into Naugus and now they exist in his mind, all wanting to take control of his body. That's who Naugus was yelling at before he went off to attack Titan Metal. he shoves them off, but they warn him that they will not be silenced so easily.

108.There's also a hilarious Off-Panel strip where Cheese encounters the true evil of Tails Doll.

Plus, some images:

HNI_0043.jpg

HNI_0044.jpg

HNI_0045-1.jpg

HNI_0048-1.jpg

HNI_0053.jpg

HNI_0049-1.jpg

HNI_0050.jpg

HNI_0052.jpg

Enjoy! :)

Titan Metal Sonic aka Metal Sonic KAI 2.0 looked fucking boss. shame he didn't get more page time...

Tails doll survived though, i'm waiting to see what they plan to do with project deadly cuddles.

For a change of pace, another read as I type review of 231.

>With all the school work and finals, I almost forgot that Sally is a robot now.

>>Voyant, I haven't forgot about the bet. Don't worry. I'll get to it.

>Anyways, Sally is like...awesome looking as a robot. I hope she stays like this.

>>For one she already has more character as a lethargic killing machine than she did as a Mary-Sue

>>C'mon? Did you expect me to give her any slack?

>Seeing Sonic hesitant about thrashing her? Reasonable. Seeing Sonic unable to escape of grip? What the hell.

>Eggman, you have done the practical thing since you became a badass. Why not just walk them both through the incinerator?

>>Of course, he wants to enjoy it, but Sonic/Eggman aren't like Batman/Joker. Eggman wants to destroy Sonic because the hedgehog is the one obstacle that keeps him from being the Emperor. Joker has no ultimate goal, but rampant massacre and slaughter and Batman makes it interesting for him. What I am saying here is that Ian could have simply made Sonic escape and run away from Sally instead of making Eggman look like a dumbass.

>Drop Sonic from the sky? Yeah, it is not like he has fallen from space and survived before. Oh wait.

>Wait, who the fuck stole the emerald? When did that happen? Oh well, Ian won't just forget about that detail.

>>Mecha Sally? Dude, the design is ultra creative and swank as fuck, but the name is balls. Yes, Eggman, you need to give her a better name.

>Hahaha. Sonic was dropped from the "nose" of the ship.

>>Sonic is really quite the "booger" for Eggman, eh?

>Of course, Tails saved him.

>>I love how the thing literally informs the audience that Tails is Sonic's best friend because they wouldn't have known otherwise.

>Yes, Quick discussion with Tails and we get a mini Star Wars-esque battle in the sky.

>>Whose ship is the silver one?

>>Poor Ixis.

>Big is fucking awesome protecting Cream, Cheese, and Vanilla like that.

>>Damn, I'm hungry.

>Holy fucking shit! Titan Metal Sonic. That is fucking awesome and...little weird because Eggman is now beginning to idle worship Sonic now.

>>Now I just had a thought of the worst crack pairing in Sonic shipping history.

>>You did too.

>Bunnie to the motherfucking rescue.

>>Whose ship is that? Seriously.

>Ixis says,"I am sick and tired of these mah fuckin' machines in this mah fuckin' city!"

>>Ixis to the rescue, motherfucker.

>Bunnie and Ixis tagteam.

>Ixis went Kamehameha on that bitch.

>>The hell happened to Bunnie.

>Back to the DeathEgg, Eggman is retreating, Snively is surprised to see Mecha Sally, and Lien-da is freaking the fuck out.

>"Do as the master commands." I think I love Mecha Sally more that Sally.

>Holy shit, so many beams of destruction. Dragon Ball Z would have a fit.

>Ixis is a better king than the old one. Yeah. I said it.

>>Crystal motherfucking Titan Metal Sonic.

>>Sonic must be perturbed by his enemies' fascination with his image.

>Cream saves a "crystified" Bunnie...and shit just got real because the Tails doll appeared.

>>That motherfucking thing is the evilest fucking thing ever.

>>Whoever owns that goddamned thing is the spawn of Satan itself.

>I.wonder if Tails is collecting the residuals of the sales of Tails dolls. Hell, Sonic should copyright his image as well since his enemies just love modeling shit after him. I mean they could try say that their image of Sonic doesn't have the same proportion eyes or doesn't have the same body structure. They might just turn around and file a counterclaim on Sonic for being Sonic.

>>D'ohhohohoho

>Sally is roboticized, people. Jeez.

>You know, you'd think people would be happy to see real grass...

>Ixis is the hero and rightfully should have a parade because hombre was badass.

• Thumbs Up 2

Soooooo, I just got SU #35 in the mail. Requests for spoilers will be accepted via PM as per usual. :)

Here's my thoughts on issue #231.

Good issue but seeing Sally as a robian is soooooooooo sad.

I wonder what happen to the blue Chaos Emerald that Robotnik had. I don't think that Snively took it. He sounded pretty surprise that it's missing.

I do have some concerns about their being too many story lines going on.

We have Geoffrey turn traitor.

Naugus trying to become king.

The people being led to believe that Nicole is evil.

Robotnik's return.

And now Mecha Sally.

As a Sally fan this story is painful to read.

I just hope that when this is over Sally can be restored to her original form and go back to leading the freedom fighters.

I have to wonder if Naugus killed all of the nanites. Can Nicole still appear in her lynx form?

And Evan Stanley's art is awesome.

Well here's some advice, if you need to renew your Sonic subscription, do it before your last issue arrives, else you'll miss the next one. Guess I'll need to look into getting the digital version of StH#231 and SU#34 on my iOS. -_-

Here's my thoughts on issue #231.

Good issue but seeing Sally as a robian is soooooooooo sad.

I wonder what happen to the blue Chaos Emerald that Robotnik had. I don't think that Snively took it. He sounded pretty surprise that it's missing.

I do have some concerns about their being too many story lines going on.

We have Geoffrey turn traitor.

Naugus trying to become king.

The people being led to believe that Nicole is evil.

Robotnik's return.

And now Mecha Sally.

As a Sally fan this story is painful to read.

I just hope that when this is over Sally can be restored to her original form and go back to leading the freedom fighters.

I have to wonder if Naugus killed all of the nanites. Can Nicole still appear in her lynx form?

And Evan Stanley's art is awesome.

For more of her art (and Fan Comic "Ghosts of the Future") visit

http://evanstanley.deviantart.com/