Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I dont know where else to say this but... I was watching Disney Channel cause nothing else was on and on a commercial for something on there website, There were pictures made by different kids. And one of the pictures HAD SCOURGE AND FIONA.

More crap from Ken Penders.

NOTE: Since this talks about the previously announced project, I thought it appropriate to post the following here rather than start a new thread.

Over the years many of the characters, concepts and stories I created have proven extremely popular with fans of the comic series SONIC THE HEDGEHOG along with its spin-off title KNUCKLES THE ECHIDNA as demonstrated recently by the reveal of the redesign of my character Lara-Su, which has sparked intense interest among the fans.

Now, unveiled here for the first time is the new look for another of my creations – one of my main characters, JULIE-SU.

Julie-SuRvF2.jpg

As a great fan of the work of Jack Kirby, I always loved the Fourth World approach he used to bring forth his New Gods concepts. Just as Jack used the JIMMY OLSEN and SUPERMAN series as his starting point, so too am I using the stories I created for the Knuckles character as a springboard for what comes next.

At this time, I'm at work finishing up the audio tracks for THE REPUBLIC - starring Marc Singer and Sean Young - so it'll be ready for release early in 2012, as well as finishing up THE LOST ONES trailer presentation.

I am also at work on the first of a series of graphic novels that fall under the umbrella title of THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES.

Anyone familiar with the Knuckles material I created up to and including SONIC #124, along with any incarnation of the MOBIUS: 25 YEARS LATER material I also created, which is widely considered canon by the fans, will be well prepared for what comes next. As for the newbies interested in checking out THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES, you needn't worry about being left behind. All will be explained as the story progresses.

Stay tuned for further details of THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES and find out how the previously announced BROTHERHOOD OF THE GUARDIANS project fits into the plan. A lot of the questions fans have been asking will be answered along the way.

More crap from Ken Penders.

Julie-SuRvF2.jpg

God, that looks horrible. And totally not using the SEGA echidna design right?!

The forum has noted and welcomed Ken Penders transformation from bit time artist into Mr Bean and enjoys it.

Julie-SuRvF2.jpg

It looks like he took Gwen Cooper from Torchwood and had her mate with Robocop before slapping on Mr Potato Heads lips.

And it's still a rip off of Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 4

Hm, not only is that art piece ghastly as heck, but it still bears a strong "resemblance" to the SEGA Sonic character design. If I didn't know any better, it would appear that Penders actually wants to make his case harder for himself.

• Thumbs Up 1

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Stop it Ken! You're killing me!

Seriously, your horrendous Knuckles-recolor art is killing me since I'm about to have a stroke right now because of it mellow.png..........................

Edited by AdventChild
  • Thumbs Up 2

I wonder who this 'Guardian' Penders keeps referring to is. He seems to be a very important character for the premise of his story, given the what we've seen. Is he one of Penders' new characters? When will we see a promotional image of this 'Guardian' ? Because it can't be Knuckles, he's still owned by SEGA.

Even discounting the awkwardness of trying to work around Knuckles' name, "MEET THE GUARDIAN'S DOMESTIC MATE" might well be the worst tagline in history.

• Thumbs Up 2

"MEET THE GUARDIAN'S DOMESTIC MATE"

...couldn't he just say "wife"? Also, his "artwork" is just as hideous as ever.

I dunno his usage of the term "bad-ass" sounds very fanboyish and unprofesional and more like something id hear from a ametuar fanfiction.

This is getting ridiculous.

Edited by Grooseinator032
  • Thumbs Up 4

"MEET PENDERS' WAIFU"

Fixed! :D Well, he's "guarding' something that technically isn't his, but he's a guardian!

"MEET THE GUARDIAN'S DOMESTIC MATE"

Knuckles and Julie-Su refuse to get married, but they generally live together AS they are married. Something about their word to each other being good enough.

I dunno his usage of the term "bad-ass" sounds very fanboyish and unprofesional and more like something id hear from a ametuar fanfiction.

This is getting ridiculous.

Seconded like a mofo. I'm more irked about that term being used in a children's work than I am about it being unprofessional.

Also awful design is awful. I can't even say it looks like a Sonic character cause that's an insult to Sonic characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

AHAHA, it's face is twisted up and the mouth is just a human mouth viewed from straight ahead and is probably clip art and then there's the nonsesical tag line and...

ahh man, that's too funny. I hope Lara-su's badass mom doesn't shoot me with her foam disk launcher that she's holding in her left hand even though the holster is on the right.

• Thumbs Up 4

I can't wait to see the Guardian "Fake Not Knuckles".

Does Penders really think that Sonic fans are going to read his "Not" Sonic stories? He's already pissed off the Sonic fanbase, and I doubt that his small fanbase is enough to keep his graphic novel series going.

So, I read 232, and it seems I was right when I said

Am I the only one who noticed that Metal Sally has a new body on Universe 38's cover?

What do you mean by Nicole not wanting her body? Does it just mean that she doesn't like being the Lynx hologram anymore or did I miss something?

What do you mean by Nicole not wanting her body? Does it just mean that she doesn't like being the Lynx hologram anymore or did I miss something?

Well, it's not like she wants to seen by others in her lynx given how most of the citizens hate her and SU #35 showed she's still overcome with emotion about Sally.

That's from what I got.