Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Having read Sonic Universe 35, there is just one thing that I have to say.

DON'T read it before Sonic 232 comes out. There is a HUGE spoiler in it. You've been warned.

Am I the only one who noticed that Metal Sally has a new body on Universe 38's cover?

Yeah i noticed the blue too. but it could just be a coat of something instead of a new body.

sonic235.jpg

Sally is totally not the future's traitor. She is much too obvious.

The revelation of the traitor will probably not happen with no fanfare.

You guys think Silver will show up and just be like "I told you so"?

No it's not her, there's got to be another surprise. I think it's Bunnie or Antoine.

By the way who is that above Amy, Rotor in the suit? I miss Rotor.

Edited by Sufganiyah

Technically it could not be Bunnie since she was not one of the Original.

Silver has accussed Sonic and Rotor of being the traitor before. Sally crossed his mind but he quickly dismissed it. Antoine never came up. (Don't think they count Tails as one of the original FF's)

Sally seems like the most obvious choice at this point given the circumstances. But who knows.

Edited by AuroraRedwinters

That's why I say the two of them. If not Bunnie then Antoine, because he is concerned directly with her conflicts. Also I think Tails counts. There were five FFs who discovered the Knothole caverns, who all appeared in Genesis.

I expect that after fighting Sally, Silver realizes something from his sources that makes her not the traitor. He's gonna tell Sonic, which will open a new suspicion arc where the FFs are unable to trust each other.

Edited by Sufganiyah

From the similarites to the differences and such.

Comments are Welcomed

Comparing The Dark Phoenix Saga To The Current Mecha Sally Arc in The Sonic Comics

Am I the only one who noticed that Metal Sally has a new body on Universe 38's cover?

My initial thoughts are that it's just artistic licence. Whoever did the cover for SU#38 just made her design a little different.

Um, can someone please provide a summary for bwrosas's latest video? Youtube videos ain't playing for me for some reason.

Ooooh, an all out war with G.U.N.

This makes me a very happy Eggman fan.

And solicits came out on my birthday which I'm late to. Bah.

Um, can someone please provide a summary for bwrosas's latest video? Youtube videos ain't playing for me for some reason.

Allow me. Basically, I was looking at and comparing the similarities and difference between the Mecha Sally Storyarc and the Classic Dark Phoenix Storyarc.

The similarities are :

1. The Freedom Fighters have to fight Sally (whither they want to or not), Same as the X-Men fighting Jean when she was the Dark Phoenix (whither they wanted to or not)

2. Jean as The Dark Phoenix doing thing things that she couldn't control, but yet enjoyed in it. Sally as Mecha Sally doing things she couldn't/can't control, but yet could possibly find joy in it.

3. Jean had abilities (she normally wouldn't have) when she was the Dark Phoenix, Same with Sally in her Mecha Form (ex. Force field? see SU #38 cover for info)

4. An outside force being the one to take Jean out, That being the Sha'ir (depending on which media version you read or watch {she either died or lived}), and the same could possibly be said for Silver being the outside force that could take Sally out (yet we don't know that), because Sally is too popular .

Now I know some will read this and repeat that Ian has said that the comic could survive without Sally in it. Which was proven from issues 53-67 (main stories only), she did appear though in issues 53-67 (in the backstories). It was even proven in issues 126-129 (exc. being a doppelganger created by E.V.E in 127 I think). But yes it has being proven in the past.

However, since Ian;s talked her up a lot and gave her huge backing, when he said she was the strongest female in the comic, some/many find it hard to believe that he would do her in (in any fashion), but yet there are those that take his words with a gain of salt.

But that's basically what the video was about.

Give credit to Zaranyzerak @Facebook and Youtube for giving me the idea for the comparison.

I'm awaiting the day Sonic cracks...its will be glorious.

Reason being is that I feel Sonic is always holding back when he is in fights...him cracking he will succumb to his despair and he might go all out for once.

But man ever since Eggman came back at full force dude everything is just BAD...its like catastrophe after catastrophe.

Edited by V0YANT

I hate not being able to buy comics. Here in Poland Comics industry is pretty suckish. The only shop that was importing Archie and DC bancrupted and now we are left with nothing. I was a big fan of Archie Sonic back then.

Oh well.You know what? I think SEGA writers should cooperate with Flynn just because he knows how to write Silver.

I hate not being able to buy comics. Here in Poland Comics industry is pretty suckish. The only shop that was importing Archie and DC bancrupted and now we are left with nothing. I was a big fan of Archie Sonic back then.

Oh well.You know what? I think SEGA writers should cooperate with Flynn just because he knows how to write Silver.

What about an online subscription or something?

You can only get a subscription in USA and Canada.

That blows. well how do you international people get these issues other then a import comic store?

People post issues at YT. When I have time I read but still its not the same as oppening brand new comic. And that sucks :(

I'm sure some shop somewhere ships comics internationally across the world. I know folks who live in Austrailia, Japan, and some Middle Eastern countries (my friend Vaporotem comes to mind) who somehow get it shipped over their.

gotta look up online shops.

If you have no choice, certain folks do upload comics online using cbr (Comic Book Reader), which is what Tails.kicks.ass.net does, also certain people upload comics on Youtube. I advised finding Sasuke419 and Soniccomicworld Youtube Channels.

Just got STH #232 in the mail! I'll be expecting PM requests for spoilers as per usual. :)

Since we are a Sonic community... How come nobody's set up some kind of overseas comic shipping racket yet? I'm always hearing the British members talk about how hard it is to get a hold of Archies.

Since SU #35 is officially out, it's summary time!

1.The issue begins with the BBA's Battle Fortress approaching the domed New Mobotropolis as Nicole looks on with a depressed look on her face.

2.Tails thinks that the Armada must mean business with such a large scale attack and Rotor asks Nicole to finish the repairs to the Tornado so they can have air support.

3.Nicole repairs the Tornado using her powers and drops to her knees, crying.

4."It's done. Please, Rotor...the whole city is screaming to take me offline...Sally is gone. I can't...I can't..."

5."I know, Nicole. It's alright. There's only one more thing I need you to do."

6.Cut to the Battle Fortress, the Battle Lord asks Dr. F for information on New Mobotropolis' defenses and Dr. F gives him the skinny on the shield. He pulls out a device with a button on it meant to disable the shield.

7."Will your gadget work as you claim?"

8."Of course! I would stake my life upon it!"

9."Indeed, dear Doctor. You are doing just that."

10.The Battle Lord asks if the Rogues are ready for their first mission as reinstated Armada members, and they halfheartedly say "yes."

11.He hits an intercom button and addresses all of his troops.

12."Hear me, my troops! By chance of fate, the Babylon Garden which we have sought since time immemorial is buried beneath the home of our despised enemies. I one fell swoop, we shall deal out vengeance and take hold of our destiny! LET THE OPERATION COO-COO-COMMENCE!"

13.Wave flys over the dome with Dr. F's invention in tow.

14."I hate to say it, but the theories behind Dr. Kung Furokov's gadget here might actually work. One way to find out!"

15.She presses the button, which instantly lowers the shield around the city.

16.Elias notices this and tells some citizens to evacuate.

17."Can he still give orders? I though Ixis Naugus was the new king."

18."I don't think the Council approved any new evacuation plans."

19."He's still ON the Council, right?"

20."THIS IS NOT THE TIME FOR DEBATE!"

21.Rotor appears in his battle suit.

22."It's time for action! NOW MOVE IT!"

23.The citizens follow his command.

24.Rotor takes to the skies to join Sonic, Tails, and Amy, who are flying toward the Battle Fortress in the Tornado.

25."Rote, ol' buddy, I couldn't have said it better myself."

26.Suddenly, Jet and the Rogues fly in to intercept Sonic's group.

27."Well, well. I didn't know snails could fly!"

28."What do the Babylon Rogues have to do with this?"

29."I guess I'll go ask Featherface myself."

30.Sonic jumps from the Tornado.

31."I'll be right back. You guys start the party without me!"

32.Sonic confronts the Rogues.

33."Yo, Jet-ski! You need to punch my "bad guy invasion" card. I'll get the next one for free. What makes you dorks so eager for a beatdown?"

34."You're the one going down."

35.Wave spirals into Sonic.

36."Literally."

37.Sonic blocks the attack and ricochets off of all three of them.

38."BZZT! You answered incorrectly! Let's move on to the physical challenge."

39.Elsewhere, Amy and Rotor take out several BBA troops by way of Hammer and lasers.

40."These are some angry birds! What did you do to tick them off so badly?"

41."Hey, they started it! I'm kinda surprised they'd take a grudge this far, though. I have a feeling there's something else going on here."

42.Amy drops back on to the Tornado's wing.

43."They may have started it, but we're gonna FINISH it!"

44."Right, let's take 'em down!"

45.Suddenly, Naugus flies past the Tornado to confront the invaders, still being goaded by his three Ixis wizard components.

46.Back at Sonic's fight, the action has taken to the ground.

47."I thought you guys were the misunderstood loner types. Why are you helping these losers bring this ruckus to our doorstep?"

48."Heh. Don't worry your pointy blue head about it."

49.Sonic jumps on Storm's shoulders.

50."Look, as much as I hate to admit it, Ixis Naugus back there is going to mop the floor with all those metal planes your buddies are flying. You gotta see their attack doesn't stand a chance."

51.Storm tries to punch him, but Sonic leaps off of him and he ends up punching himself in the face.

52."'course, you guys aren't the sharpest quills in the drawer!"

53."Sharper than you, Hedgehog!"

54.Jet reveals a Gravity Ring under his glove cuff.

55.Elsewhere, Naugus boards the Battle Fortress, slowly covering it with crystal in the process.

56."HA! Once I've crystallized this vessel, it will make a fine flagship to spread my rein to the rest of Mobius!"

57.Suddenly, the Battle Lord ascends from below the deck.

58."My dear sir, I think you'll find it's best not to count one's chickens before they've hatched! Allow me to introduce myself, I am the Grand Battle Kukku. Fourteenth Battle Lord of the Battle Bird Armada. With whom do I have the pleasure of speaking?"

59."I am King Ixis Naugus! Bearer of the Crown of Acorns! Wielder of the ancient Ixian Magicks!"

60."Yes. A Wizard."

61."THE Wizard."

62.One of the Ixis Wizards in Naugus' head chimes in.

63."WizardS!"

64."You rely on magic to achieve your goals. My chief engineer relies entirely on his machines. MY preferred means to an end, however..."

65.The Battle Lord PUNCHES Naugus straight in the GUT! (Bad. @$$.)

66."...is brute force."

67.Another of the Ixis Wizards comments on the situation.

68."I TOLD you this was a bad idea!"

69.Cut to a group of evacuating Mobian citizens, Antoine is carrying Bunnie out of the city. (Who is now COMPLETELY deroboticized!)

70."Sugah, I can walk. You don't need to--"

71."Non, mon amour! You are being all ze flesh and ze blood for only ze littlest whiles yet. You are still ze delicate flower!"

72.Nearby, Geoffrey is being taken away by Mobian soldiers while Elias watches over the evacuees.

73.Geoffrey tells Elias that he can help if he sets him free, but Elias ignores him and asks Antoine if these are the last evacuees. Antoine confirms this.

74.Elias calls Nicole and she appears, still depressed over the loss of her friend and her recent unpopularity.

75.He asks her if she's created a city restore point in the mainframe like Rotor suggested, and she says "yes."

76."*Sigh* Good. The nanites shouldn't have too hard a time repairing the damage to the city. Have you backed up your program to the Freedom HQ servers?"

77.She falls completely silent.

78."Nicole, I know you were very close to my sister. I--"

79.Suddenly, sits down near a tree and disappears.

80.Back to Tails, Amy, and Rotor, they approach the Battle Fortress and Tails suggests landing on the flight deck.

81.However, his plans are cut short when Speedy appears and grabs him out of his plane, sending it spiraling to the ground and throwing Amy from it. Rotor grabs her just in time.

82."Sorry, Tails! Dad wants to dig up something under your town! Guess you guys picked the wrong piece of real estate!"

83.Back at Sonic and the Rogues' little battle, Jet says that they've accomplished their mission and kept Sonic busy long enough.

84."WHAT?! You dirty vultures!"

85.Sonic rushes at the Rogues, but Jet breaks out his Gravity Ring and surrounds Sonic in a Gravity field, holding him in place.

86."Well, you could hang around for a LITTLE while longer..."

87.The Rogues leave.

88.Meanwhile, the Battle Lord is keeping Naugus down quite easily, kicking him to the ground at every turn, when he recieves a warning from Dr. F via communicator that they're "in firing position."

89."I wonder if it was mere chance or some intelligent design that has placed your metropolis atop an ancient relic of unfathomable power. Regardless, I must retrieve what is mine, and what is yours is all that stands in my way."

90.Naugus' internal Wizards continue to harrass him.

91."Get up, you weakling!"

92."This would've never happened if I was in charge!"

93.Suddenly, Speedy hurls Tails down at Naugus, knocking him back.

94."Well, gentlemen, I'd like to say it's been a pleasure meeting you, but the real pleasure is ENDING you!"

95.The Battle Lord slaps both Naugus and Tails off of his ship.

96.Speedy joins his father.

97."You did well, my son. Savor this moment. Like a phoenix from the ashes of this wretched city, Babylon Garden shall rise!"

98.Rotor grabs the falling Tails while completely ignoring Naugus. (LOLZ.)

99.Meanwhile, Sonic finally escapes from the Gravity Field, notices what's happening, and rushes to the city.

100.Suddenly, the bottom of the Battle Fortress glows a bright green while several Mobians look on from afar (Including Bunnie, Antoine, Rotor, Tails, Amy, Max, Elias, and Big.), Naugus rubs his aching head after he emerges from a crater he made after he smashed into the ground, and Nicole uploads a copy of herself to Freedom HQ.

101."Fire."

102.The issue ends with the Battle Fortress shooting a huge green laser into the middle of the city.

103.There's also a hilarious off-panel where Battle Lord and Naugus put their ugly skills to the test. (Featuring cameos by Scratch, Grounder, and Mama Robotnik!)

• Thumbs Up 2