Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Okay, so how about an update on how the Archie store is doing with Sonic.

-Still no subscriptions.

-Sonic comics and graphic novels are still represented in the newest releases tab, but by relevance they're at the very back end (only before Black Hood S2 #3, and that's getting an issue very soon). 

-Nothing for it in the pre-order tab.

-The graphic novels are perpetually reduced by a huge amount (you can still buy the most recent ones for $5, reduced from the RRP of $15. The complete Worlds Collide is $13. The bundles haven't even been updated since it's more expensive to buy the Sonic bundles than the individual GNs). 

-No change to comics buyable.

In short, that stuff has been untouched since January. 

• Thumbs Up 5

45 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

All the stuff that was listed as cancelled hasn't changed status since, no. 

So its like the site is semi-frozen in time. what parts of the store are updating then?

4 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

So its like the site is semi-frozen in time. what parts of the store are updating then?

Just the stuff relating to mainline Archie.

20 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Was that placement ever confirmed? I always thought they could have just as easily been set between the end of the SA2 arc and the Chaotix episode.

Well seeing as issues 7-9 set up SA2 I'd say yes.

56 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Well seeing as issues 7-9 set up SA2 I'd say yes.

I thought that was all more Eggmoon setup?

16 hours ago, goku262002 said:

Shadow used chaos control on archie and sega holding them hostage to get more use in the brand. 

: O

• Thumbs Up 4

Say you ordered a years subscription the day before all this went down. 

Would you actually have received anything? And are you able to cancel and get your money back?

• Thumbs Up 1

No and no. Subscriptions don't give you issues released before you got the sub (as far as I know), and apparently the most Archie do is credit to other Archie comics. Which is rubbish. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Although it's something you tacitly consent to, knowingly or not, when you subscribe.

• Thumbs Up 1

And that's why it's a good thing I can't subscribe it but instead I have to ask a shop if they'd be as kind as to order it for me. I just pay the issue's price when it comes. ^_^

I feel sorry for the subscribers after all, though. :( It could be frustrating I suppose, I can't be certain since I'm not a subscriber but well...

I'm yearning for some comic book action right now. Still I think I'm not able to get into any new series at the moment. Meh.

I swear if this is Shadow's doing he's just being a bit too "I'm the only child of my family"-ish. ;) I would suspect that if someone from the game cast would have the first dibs that'd be Jet since his group hasn't been seen in ages. -_- But then again, maybe Shadow just owes to someone and wanted to pay his debts all at once or something. :huh: Please don't say almighty Shadow doesn't own anything to anybody or  my epic headcanon is ruined forevaaaa... :D

I think that was a joke. I'm just going with it in my own crazed way...

Oh, I hope I didn't start a war again, that's not intended. Please don't start it I'm sorry-.

Now they're even retweeting tweets reassuring readers that Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is still alive. 

• Thumbs Up 6

I Do miss some of the covers of the 90s. A lot of stuff pre 50 and post 50 early on were amazing

22 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I thought that was all more Eggmoon setup?

I guess it could be looked at that way but the very next issue is set immediately after the Chaotix episode and has Topaz being debriefed about project Shadow. Man I wish I could remember important things and not just factoids about Sonic Comics. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I guess it could be looked at that way but the very next issue is set immediately after the Chaotix episode and has Topaz being debriefed about project Shadow. Man I wish I could remember important things and not just factoids about Sonic Comics. XD

But...facts about Sonic are important things.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Now they're even retweeting tweets reassuring readers that Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is still alive. 

Hmm. We don't yet know who dies in Archie #20. It could still be the Sonic books.

• Thumbs Up 6

I remember hoping Sonic X would adapt Sonic Heroes and the GBA games at the time. I wonder if Archie could have done that?

• Thumbs Up 1

I just noticed something odd: we all know the Archie shop are selling all their Sonic graphic novels with massive price reduction right now.

But the same can't be said for their digital counterparts on the Archie App, which are all still going for regular price.

• Thumbs Up 1

Isn't it normal for physical products to drop in price before their digital equivalents? It's possible Archie just wants to free up some shelf space.

On ‎12‎.‎4‎.‎2017 at 1:51 AM, Borvoc said:

Isn't it normal for physical products to drop in price before their digital equivalents? It's possible Archie just wants to free up some shelf space.

I suppose, it wouldn't be the first time I see something Sonic-related being sold on Archie's website in lower price, considering how usually (at least in some cases) it's a lot cheaper for me to buy the actual GN's via ordering from a bookshop than buying them digitally. And we're talking about taxes & euros -thing here. Means roughly that stuff bought digitally should be cheaper (like individual issues tend to be after first few months have passed from the publishing date at least) than when it's bought as in physical copy from a bookshop that needs to make a profit too, even if VAT would be around 24% or something for digital goods in here... (talk about high taxes -_- ) It's kind of funny actually.

Before this incident they were having kind of continuous sales all the time at some point, though the prices weren't that low. I did drool over GNs on their website some years ago, before I found my way around one book shop's "customer-friendly" websites. They got improved though.

I suppose they've got a reason for wanting to get rid of the books. Sounds like they're trying to sell as many as possible before stuff happens and they couldn't profit at all, for a pessimist at least. And they tend not to get disappointed. Digital copies aren't such a risky goods since they're not physical, I suppose.

• Thumbs Up 4