Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

4 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Edit: Actually, yeah, I saw a point elsewhere that's kinda...hmm.

Yardley asserted that Archie haven't done wrong to him or the fans...so isn't that putting the onus on SEGA?

Or what he meant was "my employer hasn't done me wrong", since he works for Archie, not SEGA, and thus has nothing to comment on them. That's quite the intentionally almost-malicious bending of what he said.

• Thumbs Up 3

I haven't bent anything, really. If he was referring to them as an employer only, he wouldn't say they hadn't done wrong by the fans because they're not the fans' employers. 

I'm sure that's as far as Tracy meant, but then if Archie are doing all they can (aka debunking the idea that they're holding it back for the sake of pushing Riverdale)...

In other news, Archie is going to be starting yet ANOTHER monthly Archie series called "Your Pal Archie." Because why keep a series going you've been doing for 20+ years when you can use those resources for yet another new Archie series?

All right, Archie, we know where your priorities lie at this point. Just put the Sonic comic out of it's misery and get it over with.

In their defence, the Reggie and Me line is drawing to a close soon, so it's not really adding a line so much as replacing one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, The KKM said:

Or what he meant was "my employer hasn't done me wrong", since he works for Archie, not SEGA, and thus has nothing to comment on them. That's quite the intentionally almost-malicious bending of what he said.

I gotta agree with KKM. All Tracy's saying is that his employer hasn't wronged him. It's digging a little deep to find "Sega's the problem"!

• Thumbs Up 4

Also, archie has done the fans, and people who have worked under them , wrong quite a few times. They are kind of known for it, they got several lawsuits because of it. Not to mentions the descriptions of working for them, tend to be, not great, and working in comics is already not great. 

The statement is just very odd and defensive, I would have just been quiet, but that's just me. 

They're also reassuring readers that Afterlife With Archie is still happening and telling those asking about Dark Circle Comics to "stay tuned". 

2 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

They're also reassuring readers that Afterlife With Archie is still happening and telling those asking about Dark Circle Comics to "stay tuned". 

So there really is no excuse that they have been so silent on the Sonic comics then.  Just acting like it never existed.

It's possible they just can't say if this all has to do with licensing issues/contracts. Horror and Dark Circle are all Archie-owned properties.

Still sucks, all the same.

Yep. I don't really think we can say what Archie should or shouldn't be doing, because we don't really know what they've been given to work with.

I'm still holding out for the comics to return, but since we don't really have any idea on a time frame (or anything else, really), I'm not holding my breath either—at least not in the sense of expecting any news in the immediate future. For those who are getting stressed waiting for an update, I recommend, as a fellow fan, that you find something else to do that you enjoy and check back in less frequently. Most of us here are probably Sonic fans in general (not solely fans of the Archie books), so even if you stop tracking this issue completely, we're all going to get the same news when it drops and makes its way though Sonic-related social media and news and fan sites.

• Thumbs Up 8

11 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

Yep. I don't really think we can say what Archie should or shouldn't be doing, because we don't really know what they've been given to work with.

I'm still holding out for the comics to return, but since we don't really have any idea on a time frame (or anything else, really), I'm not holding my breath either—at least not in the sense of expecting any news in the immediate future. For those who are getting stressed waiting for an update, I recommend, as a fellow fan, that you find something else to do that you enjoy and check back in less frequently. Most of us here are probably Sonic fans in general (not solely fans of the Archie books), so even if you stop tracking this issue completely, we're all going to get the same news when it drops and makes its way though Sonic-related social media, news, and fan sites.

Yeah, I agree. This isn't something that can be easily answered by Lovallo or Ian, otherwise they would have probably spoken up about it a lot sooner. It's potentially a big stew of legal issues, corporate policies, and a lot of uncertainty. Stuff that I can't even find an sound explanation for despite going to school for business analytics and taking a class on business law. I really wish that I could just be like Augusto Odone (if you don't know who that is look up Lorenzo's Oil) and could devote my time and skills, despite how little they are, to finding a decent enough answer. But, I don't have a whole lot of time and the answers are probably the one's Archie and Sega don't want out there in the public's eye for everyone to speculate on.

So yeah, were at the mercy of the waiting game. Just try to stay positive and if you can't muster that, don't over blow any of the little things because they're probably not going to get us closer to anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic #291 and #294 listed as cancelled.

Sonic Universe #95-97 listed as to be re-solicited. 

• Thumbs Up 6

9 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Well that's just weird. Cancelling the main comic but continuing with Sonic Universe? I can only assume this is just more bad information provided by Archie.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

Hey, @VEDJ-F. Where are you getting that info? Previews World doesn't have May listed yet.

If this is true, then it seems a little odd. Were the former cancelled by Archie or by whoever's reporting the cancellations?

4 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

Hey, @VEDJ-F. Where are you getting that info? Previews World doesn't have May listed yet.

If this is true, then it seems a little odd. Were the former cancelled by Archie or by whoever's reporting the cancellations?

PreviewsWorld. There may be no link, but it does exist. 

And it's a 4 as normal, so that means cancelled by publisher. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks, @VEDJ-F. Now I'm wondering if you had to data mine or URL hunt to find it.

For those who don't want to follow the link:

ARCHIE COMIC PUBLICATIONS
APR171308	BETTY & VERONICA JUMBO COMICS DIGEST #255	2
FEB171216	JUGHEAD & ARCHIE COMICS DOUBLE DIGEST #26	4
NOV161172	SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #291 CVR A REG SPAZIANTE	4
NOV161173	SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #291 CVR B VAR MATT HERMS	4
FEB171222	SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #294 CVR A TYSON HESSE	4
FEB171223	SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #294 CVR B JENNIFER HERNANDEZ	4
DEC161283	SONIC UNIVERSE #95 CVR A REG JAMAL PEPPERS	2
DEC161284	SONIC UNIVERSE #95 CVR B VAR LAMAR WELLS	2
JAN171340	SONIC UNIVERSE #96 CVR A JAMAL PEPPERS	2
JAN171341	SONIC UNIVERSE #96 CVR B EVAN STANLEY	2
FEB171224	SONIC UNIVERSE #97 CVR A JAMAL PEPPERS	2
FEB171225	SONIC UNIVERSE #97 CVR B TYSON HESSE	2

KEY

1- Lateness
2- Will Resolicit
3- Cancelled by PREVIEWS
4- Cancelled by Publisher
5- Out of Stock

6- Sold Out
7- Publisher increments too high
8- Resolicited in a prior Previews
9- Series/Product line cancelled
10- Supplier Out of Business

If this truly meant the series was canned, wouldn't it instead be listed with a 9 (Series/Product line cancelled)?

@Ernest-Panda This seems like more of the same to me. Whatever the case, I don't see this being the final shoe to drop, so to speak, but it's nonetheless curious.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

If this truly meant the series was canned, wouldn't it instead be listed with a 9 (Series/Product line cancelled)?

Even if a series is cancelled they rarely use that number to indicate it, otherwise it'd be a low number instead of the second to last one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I just wish Archie would say something, even as simple as "Hey, Sonic fans, stay tuned for any future updates on the comic(s)." Like, is whatever's going on so bad that they can't even manage that?

• Thumbs Up 3

As stated in guessing we all need to sit down and accept Sonics dead at Archie. Well least I got 26 good years out of it.