Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

As stated in guessing we all need to sit down and accept Sonics dead at Archie. Well least I got 26 good years out of it.

Nah I'm good, although it would be hilariously cruel if they just sent us the email saying "fuk u, Sanik is dead, go wait 4 ur Mania and Forces, you fukin fanboys --Archie"

In any case, I'll likely be posting the email as soon as I get it.

Spoiler

TBH, they should of told us sooner rather than later that it was cancelled, having to wait just to hear that it was cancelled all along could lead to someone else wanting to take a stab at filing a lawsuit against Archie. Not that I would be in a good position to do so, what with being a college student with no income for a lawyer and all.

Also, sorry for the offtopic, but I'm noticing that I can't go to the previous page without having firefox crash on me for some reason. Or at least I'm only noticing that whenever I'm not logged in, weird.

Edited by JC_Mike
  • Thumbs Up 5

If:

• the above quote from Archie Sonic Online forum is true and
  • Lisa knew what she was talking about and
  • Whoever from that site is actually reporting it correctly

Even then, it doesn't mean the death of the comic yet. That could all just be tech support speech for "I dunno. Leave me alone. Sure, we'll totally tell you later this month; just let me get off the phone." It could also mean that Archie is hoping to be able to continue the comic soon and will have news regarding whether or not that's going to be able to happen, by the end of the month.

We shall see.

• Thumbs Up 4

I think most people agree that IDW would pretty fit Sonic pretty well alongside their other licensed 80s/90s properties.

• Thumbs Up 5

24 minutes ago, YamiMario said:

I think most people agree that IDW would pretty fit Sonic pretty well alongside their other licensed 80s/90s properties.

If Ian & Co. get carried over, i'm on it, 

But, let's see what this e-mail will be, at least this is something i can call news. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Yep. I'm no expert in other publishers, but I'd vote for IDW if the rights had to leave Archie. Ian has already done some work for them on their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Amazing Adventures book, which seems pretty good—it's Batman crossover is amazing, at very least, and I have the pre-crossover GNs in an Amazon wish list, so I plan to read it all eventually.

That being said, I'm not pulling for Archie to lose the license unless they're giving it up willingly to focus on Riverdale, and even then I'd be uneasy about a new publisher. It's just that IDW is the publisher I'd be most comfortable with under those circumstances. I'd want Ian & co. to stay on if they were willing, of course.

@NikoS Assuming a support representative actually said what was reported, assuming she was right, and assuming nothing changes in the interim, it at least give us a time frame to look forward to. Even if the report is incorrect, I guess we can still look forward to finding that out by the end of the month, which I guess is still a something sort of nothing.

Edit: In the case that the books did go to IDW and Ian & co. stay on, they absolutely need to keep their current numbering.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, FReaK said:

so..what about the mega drive thing? i hope the last part does still come out.

Last we checked, it's been cancelled.

1 minute ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

Last we checked, it's been cancelled.

oh well. that was actually the first time i bought anything archie sonic related and now its cancelled..just my luck.

Can't say I'm optimistic about what Archie is planning on telling their subscribers, but I guess fingers crossed this isn't just them offering refunds or credit toward another book.

My ideal situation at this point is the book, as is, continuing under a better publisher with the current creative teams and storylines, but that seems like a pipe dream. I can see SEGA wanting to rein things in more tightly. Hopefully that isn't the case, but I think I'm done if so. I'm sure others will be ecstatic about that, and hey, I won't take it away from you.

I still wonder what happened that caused the comic to be in this current situation. Was there some dispute between Archie and Sega? Did the Scott Fulop case have something to do with this?

I'm quite confused, and we could be finding out the fate of the comic at the end of this month... It has to come to this.

3 hours ago, YamiMario said:

We're one step closer to that Sonic & My Little Pony crossover. 

It also would've been a step closer to a Sonic and Doctor Who crossover of it were a few years earlier...

• Thumbs Up 1

I was joking with that one....it's gonna happen and I'm not looking forward to it...maybe the reactions...but ugh I know that won't end well. Now a Sonic/TMNT crossover that would be badass tbh

• Thumbs Up 4

9 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

I was joking with that one....it's gonna happen and I'm not looking forward to it...maybe the reactions...but ugh I know that won't end well. Now a Sonic/TMNT crossover that would be badass tbh

We already had that though

sonic10-2.jpg

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

Mini series #2

Was this some extra that wasn't included in "The Beginning" trade? Don't think I've ever seen that.

5 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Was this some extra that wasn't included in "The Beginning" trade? Don't think I've ever seen that.

It was cut most likely due to the fact that Archie didn't own the TMNT license anymore. 

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

It was cut most likely due to the fact that Archie didn't own the TMNT license anymore. 

That's kind of odd because the issue they did cameo in was reprinted. I dunno if there was some wiggle room since it was a cameo/parody sort of deal. The archives/trades tended to cut cool material like comic ads and pin-ups (the latter they were a little inconsistent with, I think--the ads for the Triple Trouble special and the Super Sonic vs. Hyper Knuckles special were neat, short comics, but they've never been reprinted).

I think the SSvHK one was reprinted in one of the Digests, though. (I remember finding one in a book store and I bought it specifically because of that. XD)

So I guess we're at the point of "expect the best, prepare for the worst?"

• Thumbs Up 3