Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

22 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

The opening to Sonic 3 had him going super just so he could fly ahead of the Tornado to Angel Island.

Or to stop Eggman. Could be interpreted both ways.

Didn't Tails needed the Super Emerald to go super? Knuckles was able to go super just fine with the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic 3/Knuckles. I always thought that not everyone can go super with the Chaos Emeralds, but the Super Emeralds can make those who never could go super with the emeralds alone, go super.

8 hours ago, Toby said:

That would be... really weird. Very dark for the series and I could see it becoming a point of ridicule over how out of place it would be.

Honestly, if this franchise can have Dark Gaia bleed to death in the most gruesome fashion, I don't think death by Chaos Energy would be out of place or darken the tone any further.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, antyep said:

Didn't Tails needed the Super Emerald to go super? Knuckles was able to go super just fine with the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic 3/Knuckles. I always thought that not everyone can go super with the Chaos Emeralds, but the Super Emeralds can make those who never could go super with the emeralds alone, go super.

Well technically, Tails did go super with the Emeralds in Heroes, through Sonic. And, Tails was originally going to go Super (w/o flickies) with the Chaos Emeralds, There's also Tails' Adventure showing that Tails grows stronger with each Chaos Emerald he collects.

2 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Honestly, if this franchise can have Dark Gaia bleed to death in the most gruesome fashion, I don't think death by Chaos Energy would darken the tone any further.

Death by chaos energy doesn't make sense within the context of how it has been described within the franchise, outside of what Super Sonic said in SA2, that overexertion of a super form will cause you to disappear.

3 hours ago, Sparky said:

Well technically, Tails did go super with the Emeralds in Heroes, through Sonic. And, Tails was originally going to go Super (w/o flickies) with the Chaos Emeralds, There's also Tails' Adventure showing that Tails grows stronger with each Chaos Emerald he collects.

Yeah, but that was through Sonic (and do we really call that a super form? I really don't understand Sega, sometimes...). On his own, he can't go super.

2 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Death by chaos energy doesn't make sense within the context of how it has been described within the franchise, outside of what Super Sonic said in SA2, that overexertion of a super form will cause you to disappear.

And I never said it did.

I'm saying it's an idea that can explain why anyone can potentially have a super form, but only a few actually use it due to being accustomed to the energy.

2 minutes ago, antyep said:

Yeah, but that was through Sonic (and do we really call that a super form? I really don't understand Sega, sometimes...). On his own, he can't go super.

According to Sonic Heroes, yes that was "Super Tails". From what I remember, I remember hearing that the official explanation, at the time of Sonic 3's development, was that Tails is just too young and inexperienced or something to go Super, and that's why he needs an extra boost from the Super Emeralds. 

3 hours ago, Sparky said:

According to Sonic Heroes, yes that was "Super Tails". From what I remember, I remember hearing that the official explanation, at the time of Sonic 3's development, was that Tails is just too young and inexperienced or something to go Super, and that's why he needs an extra boost from the Super Emeralds. 

I suppose, but it doesn't make sense that Knuckles can't "officially" have a super form. I do agree with most of the people here that by virtue he should have one, being the guardian of the Master Emerald.

19 minutes ago, antyep said:

I suppose, but it doesn't make sense that Knuckles can't "officially" have a super form. I do agree with most of the people here that by virtue he should have one, being the guardian of the Master Emerald.

Just let him transform with the Master Emerald and it'll be perfect.

7 hours ago, antyep said:

He's the self-appointed guardian of an object his clan stole as a spoil of war.  Why should he have a super-powered form through an object that's not even rightfully his? 

15 minutes ago, andrewtuell1991 said:

He's the self-appointed guardian of an object his clan stole as a spoil of war.  Why should he have a super-powered form through an object that's not even rightfully his? 

Because he's pretty much as connected to it as Sonic is to the Chaos Emeralds.

29 minutes ago, andrewtuell1991 said:

One, did they steal it, I forget. 

Two if fucking aliens get to use the chaos emeralds, i'll be damned if knuckles can't use one. 

Who else could be the "rightful owner" of the Master Emerald? Knuckles has apparently been watching over it for his entire life and even before the echidnas were jerks, there didn't seem to be anyone actually in charge of it. I guess there's Chaos, but I always got the impression he cared more about the fact the Chao got hurt than protecting the Emeralds, which makes sense if we go by the idea that he's a Chao who was "mutated" by the Emeralds*.

*SIde note: so Chao change based on the people around them but also what you give them, so like...did someone try handing over the Master Emerald to a Chao and voila, Chaos? Now that's a Sonic origin story we need to see.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm sure the idea of making a Chaos army out of Chao has occurred to Eggman before, but I also think Chaos's betrayal has probably made him a bit wary of actually trying it. I know I'd be hesitant.

Not even Eggman is bonkers enough to do that unless he just wants the entire world to be destroyed rather than build his Empire.

58 minutes ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

Not even Eggman is bonkers enough to do that unless he just wants the entire world to be destroyed rather than build his Empire.

Well...

Image result for sonic x dark chao

Just got Mega Drive, so I thought I'd share my thoughts:

Spoiler

-Let's get the elephant out of the room: This NEEDS to be made into a game! It would've been a much better spiritual successor than Sonic 4!

-Flynn got all four heroes' original personalities down pat. It really feels like this could've been written in the '90s!

-I love the new locations! Flower Fields especially feels original! And the Ancient Gears are pretty interesting as far as MacGuffins go! (I'm hoping the Chaos Emeralds will sit this story out; Super Sonic has been getting a bit too much attention in the books ever since Genesis)

-Dat crayon flashback for Knuckles

-Dat Off-Panel!

-Oh, look: The book referenced a gaming meme without it feeling forced. That's impressive.

-I love how Tails teases Sonic throughout the book, from calling Amy his girlfriend to saying he needs to lay off the chili dogs. Cheeky little kid.

I really enjoyed this issue, and I look forward to the conclusion this fall- and the return of my bae Metallix!

• Thumbs Up 3

Man, it really bums me out this is so short-lived, cuz it only compounds how bored of the main story's current arc has become for me.

I went to three stores. A Barnes and Nobles and two comic shops.

The barnes and nobles didnt have it. The first comic book shop received it but sold out and at the second comic shop I snagged the last copy.

I read it and loved it. I was only planning on getting this one but seeing who appears in the next issues I cant wait.

meh, im still quite enjoying Shattered World despite pacing problems.

good to hear of Mega Drive's good quality tho, cant wait to read

• Thumbs Up 5