Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

This assumption only raises the question of why you would hire supposedly more talented people to imitate the people you let go specifically because they weren't talented enough, which then leads to the question of why Jason and co. were even let go in the first place if this is what was going to happen. Sega can't that dumb, or at least I hope they can't be. <<

• Thumbs Up 1

This assumption only raises the question of why you would hire supposedly more talented people to imitate the people you let go specifically because they weren't talented enough, which then leads to the question of why Jason and co. were even let go in the first place if this is what was going to happen. Sega can't that dumb, or at least I hope they can't be. <<

The same reason why you would make a modern looking Sonic appear in a Sonic the Hedgehog 4. Familiarity. That would be my only guess. But I do hope I'm wrong in assuming that that's the direction they're taking. I really do.

It could be that they'd rather just go through Studiopolis or whoever for all of their games, perhaps.

Though that doesn't explain Mike Pollock. I presume he still works for 4kids, though I guess there's nothing stopping him working for other studios.

Yeah, it's really kinda hard to say what they're thinking with the new guys. I remember the producer of Colors saying that the new voice fits each character really well, though.

Not that that means much, I mean, he's the producer of the game, what's he gonna say, "Oh no they're terrible."? I guess we'll just have to wait and see, then. =P

The same reason why you would make a modern looking Sonic appear in a Sonic the Hedgehog 4. Familiarity. That would be my only guess. But I do hope I'm wrong in assuming that that's the direction they're taking. I really do.

That's really not the same. I think it was blatantly said by Colors' producer that they got rid of the old cast because they were inferior to what they wanted, which then implies they wanted something better than the status quo. So if they wanted familiarity, they wouldn't have even bothered to find new people in the first place. Leaving Jason and co. alone would've been more comparable to the whole green eyes fiasco, but that's just me. xP

But hey, maybe the whole Consoles thing is specifically for promotional material. We should wait and see, although I'm certainly not as optimistic anymore.

That's really not the same. I think it was blatantly said by Colors' producer that they got rid of the old cast because they were inferior to what they wanted, which then implies they wanted something better than the status quo. So if they wanted familiarity, they wouldn't have even bothered to find new people in the first place. Leaving Jason and co. alone would've been more comparable to the whole green eyes fiasco, but that's just me. xPBut hey, maybe the whole Consoles thing is specifically for promotional material. We should wait and see, although I'm certainly not as optimistic anymore.

Oh I realize that it's not exactly the same situation, just giving an example of them having to please everyone. Believe it or not, there ARE Griffith fans out there. Oddly enough. So I think that even if they did hire new actors because they thought the old ones weren't so great, there's always going to be pressure on them to make sure that it's not jarring for the fans that DID like the old voices.

But anyway yeah I would take what the producer says with a grain of salt. He has to help sell a product, after all, so of course he's going to make them sound great.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong and just being overly pessimistic about this. Time will tell.

Edited by Nomad_350

News'd

I reckon he's just trying to be all excitable for the kiddies at Alton Towers for that theme park setting, I think he'll be more professional in the games.

I'm kind of hoping that voice is purposely over the top as a way of hyping people up for the ride. Although, as someone who spent 30 minutes in line for the Spinball and spent a lot of time around the ride, all I can say is that voice becomes irratating rather quickly.

If that voice was toned down a bit, I think it would make a rather good Sonic.

Oh, wow, thats really surprising. I didn't think Consoles would end up being Roger.. The voice isn't really bad, but I hope they make his voice slightly higher.

Still, I think I'll wait till I hear him in Colors before I judge him :-/

But, I'm scared, guys. Now that we've heard his Sonic voice, how will people react? I doubt good.:mellow:

I'm confused. Roger said at first that he was unsure if that was him and now he says it is?

Dude must have a bad memory.

Well somebody else brought up the good point that he may not be able to talk about certain things related to his video game voice acting.

Or something.

I'm confused. Roger said at first that he was unsure if that was him and now he says it is?

Dude must have a bad memory.

He was talking about Sonic Colors and he said he didn't know the clip, I think.

Edit: lol, this makes me laugh. Its from Rogers facebook page.

Contact Information

Contact Info Facebook Profile:http://www.facebook....rogercraigsmith

:lol:

Edited by MarcelloF

He was talking about Sonic Colors and he said he didn't know the clip, I think.

Oh I see. Forgot about that.

That's really not the same. I think it was blatantly said by Colors' producer that they got rid of the old cast because they were inferior to what they wanted, which then implies they wanted something better than the status quo. So if they wanted familiarity, they wouldn't have even bothered to find new people in the first place. Leaving Jason and co. alone would've been more comparable to the whole green eyes fiasco, but that's just me. xP

But hey, maybe the whole Consoles thing is specifically for promotional material. We should wait and see, although I'm certainly not as optimistic anymore.

Maybe they asked him to sound like Griffith for the ride and the team behind colors is heading for another direction...

:unsure:

[/wishful thinking]

Edited by gato

That voice isn't bad IMO, and is much better than the previous actor's voice. It merely lacks direction. It was just a clip for a ride, I doubt much was put into it.

Man, speaking of Drummond fans, they hyperactive ones make us all look bad. I was/am as big a Drummond fan as ever, and I wasn't anywhere near that crazy >_>

In defense and optimism of Mr Smith.

This was likely his first job as VA - not to mention its supposed to be a promotional voice, its really hard to sell something and not sound like a shrill or horribly fake. Plus someone likely told him to act like he's on the ride - in which case the "Woah" makes sense with the Spinball promo message. But with the consoles its a bit weird though sounds like a mish-mash edit of the previous "woah" anyway.

Wasn't his previous work well received? If it were someone like the 4Kids cast whom had dodgy roles before I could understand but Chris from RE 5 sounded pretty decent. The Alton Towers work is not his best but he's capable of better

I kinda feel bad for Smith. He seems like a cool guy, honestly I like him more than Griffith already(Nothing to do with the voice. Smith just seems more likable), and he's going to get so much shit for his Sonic voice, that isn't even bad :(

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

I kinda feel bad for Smith. He seems like a cool guy, honestly I like him more than Griffith already(Nothing to do with the voice. Smith just seems more likable), and he's going to get so much shit for his Sonic voice, that isn't even bad :(

I feel the same way you do. I already like him better as a person than Jason, and I hate how he's getting flamed, etc. already, and he's never even been in a Sonic game yet! I just really don't want him to use his Consoles voice, and he IS capable of a great Sonic if you listen to his demo reel.

Am I the only one who's just going to wait for the final release before forming an opinion?

...Yes? OK then. :/

Am I the only one who's just going to wait for the final release before forming an opinion?

No, I said I'll wait too, but I thought his Alton Towers voice was a bit too deep for Sonic. I'm still waiting for Colors to really give my opinion on him, though

What did Griffith do as a person to earn any disliking towards his personality? :huh:

Nothing, like I said, Smith just seems more likable.I don't even really dislike Griffith, I sort of nothing him.

Edited by MarcelloF

I don't think one has much choice but to wait. There's not much here to judge. Consider it a teaser.

I've liked all of the voice actors, they've all added their own spin(pardon the pun) on the character and I've enjoyed them all. I have no issue with voice acting as it's the game itself I really care about. I'm sure when Sonic Colours is released Late 2010 and Free Riders in November we'll see a more professional performance.