Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

the voice thing seems more likely to me when I think the change to 4kids voice actors was made by SEGA of America but now that the president of SEGA of Europe runs both SEGA of Europe AND SEGA of America right now they obviously have been making changes to the series. He has potential but need to see him in action first before I judge. I never though I'd be saying this 5 years ago, but I'm going to miss Jason, his voice was actually getting pretty good for sonic in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does that mean that the voice in The E3 Colors footage is the new guy? "HA! Spin!" "HA! LASER!!!" It does sound sort of similar to Alton Towers guy.

It's not, it's a different guy. Thats the one thing out of all this I'm certain of. Also that guy is not Sonic, it's the announcer. In past Sonic games it's been done in just text, like the point when the player jumps through the hoops, it usually pops up with text remarks, but now they're vocalised.

... Why have I not gone to bed yet....

Actually, Pete Capella does the voice of Silver if I'm not mistaken. But you do have a point.

Yep your right totally got that wrong there. Point goes to you my friend :P.

What I don't understand is how every VA tries to sound the same as ryan drummond. I actually hate the standard Ryan has made for how sonic should talk. It does this weird thing that I don't knwo how to describe. I don't get it *sigh

Straining your voice to try and sound like a hip youngster? And the fact that he hardly changes tone EVER?

Edited by Black Spy

If CONSOLES was really the guy from the ASR TV ad, I'm sure he can do a pretty good job.

True, after watching T-Bird and the other dudes videos of the Alton Towers suite as well as the ASR commercial, his voice started to grow on me and I became a little more optimistic... chances are though I'll have the game in Japanese so it doesn't matter to me! ;P

If this is true I can't wait for people to hate the new guy and ask for Griffith to come back. Then Ryan fans cry more.

What a Twist~

It's not, it's a different guy. Thats the one thing out of all this I'm certain of. Also that guy is not Sonic, it's the announcer. In past Sonic games it's been done in just text, like the point when the player jumps through the hoops, it usually pops up with text remarks, but now they're vocalised.

... Why have I not gone to bed yet....

Well that's a comfort then since the voice doesn't sound the way I feel Sonic should. God I hope it's not Mr Alton Towers even if he does sound better in the ASR ad.

Straining your voice to try and sound like a hip youngster?

I think that's it

True, after watching T-Bird and the other dudes videos of the Alton Towers suite as well as the ASR commercial, his voice started to grow on me and I became a little more optimistic... chances are though I'll have the game in Japanese so it doesn't matter to me! ;P

That other dude would be me.

But yay I'm a dude... now I'm off to bed... I predict the following.

* This topic will be 20 pages longer by tomorrow night.

* Someone will throw a benny.

Be good everyone and remember. No Ryan/Jason/Alton comparing bashing/mindless slagging off.

Edited by Gnasher

Also that guy is not Sonic, it's the announcer. In past Sonic games it's been done in just text, like the point when the player jumps through the hoops, it usually pops up with text remarks, but now they're vocalised.

Which is something I considered, but he also yells "SPIN" and "LASER" which I figured would be a standard example of Sonic calling his attacks(hooray for even more T.V tropes references).

Moreover, there are occasions in the E3 demo where that same voice lets out what seems to be, for lack of a better term, a "battle cry". Why would an announcer do that? It doesn't make sense, although neither does Sonic complimenting himself.

Moreover, there are occasions in the E3 demo where that same voice lets out what seems to be, for lack of a better term, a "battle cry". Why would an announcer do that? It doesn't make sense, although neither does Sonic complimenting himself.

It's not that uncommon.

Mind you, anyone considered that if Sonic is saying "Spin" and "Laser" it could be a placeholder voice? Again I dobut this due to the whole casting Mike before anyone else argument, doesn't make any sense.

Anyway... bed time.

Is it really the same guy that did the commercial and the stuff in the room? 'cause (what I can hear of) the commercial sounds alright, but the stuff from the room is just so unbelievably obnoxious that I can't stand it, and I'm usually the last guy to complain about this sort of stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

That other dude would be me.

Sorry Gnasher, I forgot your name and forgot that I could just open another tab in firefox and check it... so I just called you dude.

Are they going to hold auditions for the new voice of Sonic. Oh man, I would love to audition as the voice of Sonic. I have little to no experience as a voice actor, but I know I could pull off a good Sonic voice. However, I'm sure they'll looking for a person with experience. Imagine if Jim Cummings becomes the voice of Sonic. :P

Are they going to hold auditions for the new voice of Sonic. Oh man, I would love to audition as the voice of Sonic. I have little to no experience as a voice actor, but I know I could pull off a good Sonic voice. However, I'm sure they'll looking for a person with experience. Imagine if Jim Cummings becomes the voice of Sonic. :P

Why would they do that when they already have a brand new guy playing Sonic in Colors? If they kick JG out then they already got that guy or Drummond to turn to.

Yeah, good point. Ryan Drummond as Sonic again? Hmm... I didn't know he would even be considered to do Sonic again.

Watch them go and get someone famous like Jaden Smith. I will laugh so hard, after I change the language to Japanese.

Just kidding. I really want Sonic to have a good, permanent voice actor. Aside from the voice I think a lot of it has to do with lines, Sega could work on that too.

So I wake up go on facebook to see Mike Pollock has sent me a message back knowing about the rumour sending me a link to google translated Sonic Paradise (looks like they picked up on the story of course).... I don't have a fucking clue what to reply with.... XD

jtxuuo.jpg

Edited by Crash

So I wake up go on facebook to see Mike Pollock has sent me a message back knowing about the rumour sending me a link to google translated Sonic Paradise (looks like they picked up on the story of course).... I don't have a fucking clue what to reply with.... XD

[image]

"Word travels fast as usual, I see."

I love Mike Pollock.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 5

"Word travels fast as usual, I see."

I love Mike Pollock.

I know I was thinking that the minute after I read it amazing that he said that XD:D but I don't have a clue what to reply back to that message though especially when I'm still half sleep XDD

Edited by Crash

Okay, you'll have to forgive me for skipping over most of the nine or so pages since last night, so let me just throw in my few pence;

1. Am I the only Sonic fan who honestly feels as though Jason Griffith has actuall been getting progressively worse with each new game, rather than better? Yes, his voice in the early Sonic X dub was horrid, but by the half-way point it was about as good as it was ever going to get. This carried over to Shadow the Hedgehog, but since then his performances have just been horrifically inconsistent, in my opinion.

I mean, Unleashed was 'okay', but I personally felt that his performance in Black Knight was pretty damned awful. Still, despite my opinions on him, I'm not going to say "I hope he goes", "Good riddance" or "Hope they bring back Ryan", because despite that, I do feel like a VA change would be a bit pointless. Okay, Sonic X is now long dead and buried, but even so.

Again, I haven't checked much of the recent pages (will go back and skim through them after this, briefly), so I'm not sure how soon it is. But it'll certainly be a shame to see the whole cast go, if that's the case. If there's any truth in it at all, hopefully it's just Jason.

But eh. Ultimately, whatever happens, there are two things; one, hopefully the new guy, if true, will be better than Jason. And finally, in all honesty, I never set the games to English voices anyway, so as long as they continue to include a Japanese voice option, this doesn't really affect me at all. ;)

Unless of course the new voice actors are awful and they don't have a Japanese voice option. Then it's RAEG TIEM >=| *shot*

Still, it'll be funny if Jason is replaced and the new guy sucks. "Bring back Jason" will be the new "Bring back Ryan". :lol:

Edited by Mahzes

In somewhat related news, it's a shame Amy Palant (Tails' VA) doesn't have a Facebook account. We know Griffith's stance on things, Pollock is staying the cool-as-a-cucumber-and-stickin'-to-da-rules awesome guy that he is, and it'd be nice to have another VA's response regarding the issue.

...oh wait Lisa Ortiz (Amy's VA) is web-savvy. I think she might have one, and if she doesn't she does have a website with contact infos. But I'd hate to come of as an annoying obsessive fan who wants to pry out secret corporate infos from her that may violate her NDA's. I mean, at best we'd be looking at something similar to Pollock's response - unless Amy's voice actress has been replaced too, that is.

Hmm. I might go on and ask Ortiz about Amy. *ponders*