Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

Aw man, now you have me all excited.

Well think about it.

When your casting anything, you don't do it like this "Ok so lets hire Eggman and record his lines/scenes, then we'll get Sonic/Tails/Amy/Knuckles in and do theirs." You cast everyone at the same time and then go from there.

If that facebook thing is not a Photoshop (and someone has done a lot of research if they have) and Jason really doesn't know who is Sonic, then it might be the case that it's someone else. Don't forget, this is a videogame, just because he's not got any lines in the script does not mean his voice may not be used. Trailers, adverts even some menu lines could have a Sonic voice there.

We know Mike is Eggman, but Mikes own message... if he knew for certain that Jason was still Sonic, even if he was under an NDA I think he would have confirmed it. I doubt he would have not said a thing because it could not harm the project. Not for something that everyone 'knew' or expected to happen. E.g. Say everyone was under an NDA and you asked "So will sonic be blue in this game" would anyone say nothing? Or do you think they would say "Yes of course" despite an NDA lable?

Now.... if Jason has gone and someone else has taken his place... that does not mean that everyone else is ok. For voices they have to go well together, if theres two actors that have a slighly slow delivery but they share scenes together, the scene becomes boring and long, it doesn't work. So either they have to change or one needs to be replaced.

But even if Sonic did not have any lines at all in colours... what about Free Riders? Theres bound to be some kind of voice there. Would you really cast everyone... but the star? I can't see that happening at all.

Now this could be one of the biggest and cleverly mastered hoaxes for a long time. I cannot shake that possability, no matter how many random messages I get from 'this source/the guy.'

Especially when the guy in question has just quoted the last post I made in the topic and sent me the following via PM....

Haha, sorry about this, but I'm a little curious - what do you think it is? [:

Then after I told him he levelled with me... ... what he told Shadz and Dread... he begged me not to tell anyone. Like I said before, I'm good at keeping secrets and have no desire to watch people get warnings at work for being silly... so I'm going to honour that request for now. But it's big... pretty big... if indeed it's true and not a load of bollocks.

And if it is a load of bollocks.... this would be my official responce.

Fuck you! I've got a Milky Way! And I'm going to SOS!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Griffith, but he's leagues better than that hotel guy. At least Griffith's voice kinda fits the character.

Ryan has regularly reported to this day that he is still interested in being Sonic and he continues to attempt to make negotiations.

Unless he's a hobo living on the streets to this day as well, he has a well paying, sturdy job that has a less likely chance of dropping him on his ass a few years down the line.

Ryan has regularly reported to this day that he is still interested in being Sonic and he continues to attempt to make negotiations.

I somewhat feel I am making a mistake by pointing this out, though. \:

Hey, no worries. I've tried to avoid information on the subject in the past, since it's a rather beehive-y subject, so I wasn't aware that Drummond still cared at all. It's good to hear that he's not too bitter, at least. Or... well, not bitter enough to have been discouraged. Still, there's gotta be a little bad blood between him and the company.

Anyway, this is all irrelevant. Clearly, Thursday's announcement will be the triumphant return of Jaleel White to the franchise as the voices of Sonic, Shadow and Amy.

Edited by Octarine
  • Thumbs Up 1

Clearly, Thursday's announcement will be the triumphant return of Jaleel White to the franchise, as the voices of Sonic, Shadow and Amy.

*pictures Amy with Sonia's voice*

*climbs nearest building*

*jumps off of said building*

• Thumbs Up 2

From the comments on the front page article -

XD375 says:

14 July, 2010 at 4:05 am@Edge

Actually, according to a message Griffith sent me a few months back, the “Let’s go!” was a stock clip he recorded, while the rest were all new to him.

@HighCaliburFun

Like I said, I can’t confirm that the hotel guy is the new voice, but I’m almost certain it is for reasons I can’t point out here.

Oh well... you try to keep secrets and look where it gets you... anyway...

Please read if the Alton guy scares you.

Hands up everyone who has stayed in this room?

*raises hand... spots another one in the distance...*

The Alton guy... if indeed he is 'the guy'' does not sound good in T's vid... no...

when I was there. However...

That said... the voice does grow on you. After a few listens it doesn't sound that bad, some lines are much better than others, when playing Sonic Unleashed and it went off, it strangely worked. Whilst I would rather it be Jason than this guy, the idea of this dude is not that horrific when you actually hear him from the source speaker and not a recording from another speaker. Sometimes, the voice actors hae a video showing what the character is doing on the screen, this also helps... but these do not have that, chances are he would have been given a script and told 'do' like the ape from the fourth planet of the apes movie.

Do they mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNGjSSJWgq0? Because that would be worse..

It starts at 1:34.

As long as Sonics being replaced Tails has to go too. His voice is just unbearable to listen to.

• Thumbs Up 1

If CONSOLES was really the guy from the ASR TV ad, I'm sure he can do a pretty good job.

• Thumbs Up 2

*listens to Alton Towers "Sonic voice" compilation*

*climbs up building again*

*jumps off said building again*

That guy sounds WAY too old to play Sonic. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if some random Sega staffer was thrown in a booth and told to read those lines, because whoever he is, he's CLEARLY not an actor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also... Who would like to hear the Alton Towers voice sound a LOT better than both my and T's video.

Sonic Alton Towers TV advert.

Doesn't that sound MUCH better?

It kinda does yaknow.

Edited by Jaouad

Also... Who would like to hear the Alton Towers voice sound a LOT better than both my and T's video.

Eh, he KINDA sounds like Jason there.

I'd still prefer the actual Jason stay, though. :(

That, or SEGA hire a better actor. He doesn't sound as bad there as he sounds in the Alton Towers videos, but he's still worse than both Jason and Ryan IMO.

Edited by gamerguy21

What the crap, that hotel guy is awful! Sounds like they just got someone on hotel staff to do an over the top extreme surfer dude voice. No way they would cast that guy for the games. That's just asking for another reason for everyone to hate on Sonic.

Has no one considered who would be doing the other voices Jason has done including Shadow and Jet? He voiced 3 characters through his career in the series. If this turns out to be true I really don't care who gets Sonic really what I would be interested in is who would Shadow be voiced by. If they can get David Humphrey back and give him another crack at it maybe it will be alright. As for Jet again couldn't care less who gets given those characters so long as the don't make them sound annoying as they are already xP.

Another thing I don't want to happen is SEGA dropping voice all together cause that would be just too stupid and if they just go to the Charles Martinet route of voice acting (basically just having three lines of dialog through an entire game) then what was the bloody point having him fully talk in the first place? :angry:

Has no one considered who would be doing the other voices Jason has done including Shadow, Silver and Jet? He voiced 4 characters through his career in the series.

Whilst Jason does the voices for them, thats one of the reasons why nobody other than Mike is safe. Everyones voice needs to fit and work with each other, especially if they're main characters who tend to freequent most games.

Wow, that is a tremendous improvement. Although he sounds like he's "shouting" his lines too much, but I attribute that to direction more than the actor himself.

All and all, it's extremely campy- which is what I want. If this is the next Sonic, then they could definitely have done worse.

Does that mean that the voice in The E3 Colors footage is the new guy? "HA! Spin!" "HA! LASER!!!" It does sound sort of similar to Alton Towers guy.

The reason I'd HATE that Alton guy as Sonic is because HE IS SUCH A NARMY HAM!!!!

No, because he still reminds me of all those fan redubs you here all over the tube, and for the same reasons above.

It would sound good for Sonic.... if this was 1994. Unfortunately we've past that age where sounding like you just stepped out of the world's campiest 90's cartoon was considered cool and acceptable, and now whenever people hear voices like that, it's usually because of blatant SATIRE.... or your watching Disney Channel.

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 2

T_T I'll be so sad to see him go. If they get Jaleel White on this series I'll resort to the Japanese dialog.

What I don't understand is how every VA tries to sound the same as ryan drummond. I actually hate the standard Ryan has made for how sonic should talk. It does this weird thing that I don't knwo how to describe. I don't get it *sigh

Edited by Jaouad