Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say it's a new SEGA console.

...just in case. :P

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say it's a new SEGA console.

...just in case. :P

Not a new SEGA console sadly. AAUK has clarified that it's not really franchise changing but more something to look forward to and I'd say a new console would be a HUGE announcement. Oh well...we can dream :(

Sorry Indigo, I'm sure your hopes have been pounded into the ground now.

Why make such a big deal over a VA change though? It seems like the type of thing you should just announce, not hype everyone up for a week. They did the same stuff with Sonic 4. Hype people up only to show them tree concept art and delays. Yeah I know, I'm bitter.

I'll be perfectly honest, I'll be disappoint if this turns out to be a VA change. I hate going back to square 1 AGAIN, having to readjust to ANOTHER voice for Sonic, and the inevitable fan wankers over at Jewtube who posted videos back in 05-08 calling Griffith Hitler, and telling people to call Sega and spew their bile at them proclaiming mission complete to make their E-dicks feel bigger.

Now... who would like a shit-storm mac?

crazy.jpg

I think I'll go change the title of the thread now since chances are theres now no going back to any announcement thats different from this.

Edited by Gnasher

And the shit storm begins XD

shitstorm-flyer.jpg

Going to the read the article now

Edit:Wooo I got mentioned in the article XDDD

Edited by Crash

Well, that was certainly an interesting read. I just can't wait to hear the new guy.

EDIT: How rude of me. Big thanks, guys.

Edited by Blue Blood

Now lets all try to be dignified and not demand **** back or do something that may make us look like lunatics...

Now who wants to play naked ping pong with me!

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice. Looking forward to sonic's new woice and a game story line written by madworld story creators :D

Uhm, sorry for my ignorance, but what did the article prove? .,.

That Jason himself more or less said that he isn't the voice for Sonic anymore. Combine that with what Mike said earlier... it isn't looking good for his role as Sonic, then theres another question. We know Mikes role as Eggman is safe... what about the other guys?

It seems you guys have speculated the shit out of it and completely got it right. This surprise announcement doesn't look so surprising anymore now does it?

it was revealed that Mike Pollock would continue his work as Dr. Eggman.

That's all I wanted to hear. But yeah, I'm am sort of depressed that Sonic is apparently getting a new voice; I kind of grown to like Jason's Sonic a lot. He did a superb job at voicing Sonic in Unleashed and SatBK.

Many thanks to you all for the information; twas a fun read despite how semi-depressing it was (I can't say it was completely depressing; we still got Mike Pollock doing his awesome Dr. Eggman with us). :D

Edited by X-Alted

That Jason himself more or less said that he isn't the voice for Sonic anymore. Combine that with what Mike said earlier... it isn't looking good for his role as Sonic, then theres another question. We know Mikes role as Eggman is safe... what about the other guys?

It leaves a few of possibilities. Bearing in mind that I don't have the slightest clue how any of the contracts and VA business goes down...

1. 4Kids no longer provide the talent for the series. Pollock was simply hired again. This would leave everyone else in limbo right now.

2. 4Kids still does the voices, but for whatever reason Griffith isn't doing Sonic anymore. That would explain why Pollock is still Eggman.

3. Old cast is back.

Edited by Blue Blood

Ha ha, the front page is as slow as a real hedgehog now :lol:

@ XD375: You are AWESOME for tipping us off and especially allowing us to use the evidence on the front page. Thanks alot! :D

Wow. I'm surprised TSS posted the Facebook conversation. I thought that one could possibly cause some trouble for Mr. Griffith. But the rumor is out now.

Maybe this has something to do with it?

Sonic doesn't talk. There are no conversations or text screens -- just Sonic running around a lot, very quickly. The game was described to me by a developer as, "Sonic Unleashed minus everything but the running," and that seemed an apt description, as Sonic races over huge walkways, bounces off of springs, and homes in on enemies, combo-ing them them in groups if timed exactly right.
Edited by Black Spy

I don't have any problems with new voice actors, but I hope this isn't Thursday's announcement. That would be kinda lame.

Ah. I figured as much. It was Jason's decision, not Sega's. Not too surprising since a lot of people hated Jason.

Either way, Sonic, Shadow, and Jet need new voice actors now. Well, Jet will probably just have his voice rehashed from the first two Riders games, but if he needs new voicing, then he'll need a new actor.

Hmm... seems that the article doesn't really say that its a permanent thing or not. It only says that Jason's not voicing Sonic in Colors. Interesting.

Well, the name of the source is out. :P

Believe it or not, I had a feeling it was you.

When the E3 gameplay footage of Sonic Colors was released and people heard the "announcer's voice", you went around saying that there was a rumor going around that it is Sonic's new voice (or something like that). Then when Gnasher replied in this topic, he said that the "source has replied in this topic", and your post was just a few above his. That, and I had a weird gut feeling. =P

But anyway, I do truly hope that the person in the Colors gameplay isn't Sonic's new voice. Or if it is, that the echo effect makes it sound worse than it actually is.

• Thumbs Up 1