Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

That says to me that they haven't changed.

They aren't even allowed to talk about it.

SEGA wouldn't say: "Your contract has ended and we no longer require your services.....but whatever you do, don't tell anyone"

Although I can't say about after Colours, its still seems to insignificant to warrant a proper announcement.

But surely if there wasn't something to hide then he'd had no trouble denying it. 'I can't discuss what's not officially announced yet' is business language for 'Shit you're not supposed to know', just look back at every other leak SEGA has experienced.

Mike himself may not be affected as Shadzter has said, but Crash also asked about Jason and Mike said he couldn't discuss that either. Something's going down.

But surely if there wasn't something to hide then he'd had no trouble denying it. 'I can't discuss what's not officially announced yet' is business language for 'Shit you're not supposed to know', just look back at every other leak SEGA has experienced.

Mike himself may not be affected as Shadzter has said, but Crash also asked about Jason and Mike said he couldn't discuss that either. Something's going down.

Still not seeing how this is even close to franchise changing. Even if AAUK was being Hyperbolic, why would he do that for something so insignificant.

A change in voice actors doesn't need its own announcement, let alone being touted as "franchise changing"

If that is the case I will be dissapointed. That is not worth our time, its something that we can easily figure out by playing the games. Most people will not give a shit.

If Jason is indeed gone, I hope Sega at least try to get Ryan back instead of hiring a completely new guy. As much as I like Jason and think he's improved over the years, I'd be kinda nice to hear good old Ryan voice Sonic again. Not to mention it'll be a voice that we're all already used to.

• Thumbs Up 2

Confirms their presence on Colours.

Can't say anything about the later games.

However, I still think its too insignificant of a change to warrant its own announcement.

Confirms what? The rumour is that Jason Griffith will no long be providing the voice of Sonic. That specifically.

Still not seeing how this is even close to franchise changing. Even if AAUK was being Hyperbolic, why would he do that for something so insignificant.

A change in voice actors doesn't need its own announcement, let alone being touted as "franchise changing"

If that is the case I will be dissapointed. That is not worth our time, its something that we can easily figure out by playing the games. Most people will not give a shit.

Well given how much this fanbase seems to care about voice actors (among a lot of other details), AAUK probably thought it was a pretty big deal. Especially since this is the voice of the main character.

Well given how much this fanbase seems to care about voice actors (among a lot of other details), AAUK probably thought it was a pretty big deal. Especially since this is the voice of the main character.

Really? Franchise changing?

OK, so maybe it is true, but was it seriously worth all that hype?

Like I said, I don't care if there is a change in VA's. I won't care if thats the announcement, as long as there is something more significant aswell. If its just about the VA's I'll be annoyed.

Awesome work Crash, looks like Thursdays announcement may be the news the source has given us afterall. The source only knows for sure that Sonic's VA is changing which the evidence confirms but doesn't know about any of the other actors apart from Mike who should definitely be staying.

It's pretty much confirmed now anyway, theres no way Mike would go quiet like that if nothing was happening. Then theres a certain community dude that would have totally debunked this if it wasn't happening.

crazy.jpg

If you don't mind me asking; why do you need to wait until Dread comes on? Is it because you're concerned about a disapproval?

You've posted lots on your own.

Really? Franchise changing?

OK, so maybe it is true, but was it seriously worth all that hype?

Like I said, I don't care if there is a change in VA's. I won't care if thats the announcement, as long as there is something more significant aswell. If its just about the VA's I'll be annoyed.

AAUK did say that he was being a bit over-dramatic when he said "franchise changing". Not to mention that Sega has been know to hype up the silliest of announcements.

If you don't mind me asking; why do you need to wait until Dread comes on? Is it because you're concerned about a disapproval?

Dread wanted to do the article and wanted to make sure it's done right and in a sensitive way so as to not reveal the source's identity, how the info and evidence was obtained or where they came from. I think he'd handle it much better than me since he's a professional writer.

When this source first got it touch with me about a week ago, I asked Shadz if he had heard anything about it and he haddn't. At the time there was so little and no evidence at all to back it up. Then when AAUK said what he did suddenly it twigged with me that this might be what this guy was on about, so suddenly some evidence comes to light and if shadz is right with how major it is, it could implicate a lot of people. If Mike is right about not being able to say anything, then chances are that theres a number of people under NDA's right now.

With something like this, Dread would have to make the call if it should go up on TSS' main page or not, Svends not like kittens R us, he's not in the game of risking peoples jobs and what-have-you. Not to mention that TSS doesn't usually do rumours unless theres something good to back it up, now in the spate of 24 hours a lot has happened, theres some kind of evidence, a number of sources that this is coming from, and now Mike has said something too. If Dread has said that he's going to write it, then it would be best to leave it to him, chances are he's not even aware yet of the Makie Pollock remark. But since it's now nearly midnight here in the UK, I doubt very much that you'll see any kind of update from the big D until tomorrow morning at the earliest, if even he bothers to publish it since we'll then be only 24 hours away from the official announcement.

• Thumbs Up 2

Awesome work Crash, looks like Thursdays announcement may be the news the source has given us afterall. The source only knows for sure that Sonic's VA is changing which the evidence confirms but doesn't know about any of the other actors apart from Mike who should definitely be staying.

No problem Shadz ;) I was hoping I would get some information out of him but did't get much at least I tried =] I was going to ask Lisa Ortiz but I couldn't be arsed just added her to ask that question when he was online already

Edited by Crash

Why would AAUK act like this would be a happy surprise for people when in reality it's going to either piss more people off then it makes happy, or not bother them one way or another?

I really hope you guys are wrong. :/ Not only do I like the current Sonic VA, but this is a lame surprise even if the new Sonic VA is better.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why would AAUK act like this would be a happy surprise for people when in reality it's going to either piss more people off then it makes happy, or not bother them one way or another?

Did he actually say that it would be a happy surprise? He said franchise changing. That was it.

Do we even have an idea on what it is/may be yet?

Edited by CrimsonMoonMist

I really hope you guys are wrong. :/ Not only do I like the current Sonic VA, but this is a lame surprise even if the new Sonic VA is better.

But with the exception of that SoS Crush 40 announcement (well maybe), any sort of surprise will piss at least a few people off no matter what.

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't he say it was something to look forward to, or am I remembering wrong?

Yes, he did.

Do we even have an idea on what it is/may be yet?

VA change according do Gnasher, Shadz, and Crash. Even if there is one, we don't whether or not it would be the "franchise changing" news we get Thursday, or if it would be revealed later on.

Didn't he say it was something to look forward to, or am I remembering wrong?

AAUK said there are a couple of things to look forward to when talking about Colours announcement and Thursdays announcement on Radio Redux, he also said franchise changing but later said in TSS comments it's not THAT big but will alter a few things. If it's the Sonic's VA changing thing then it would alter a few things, namely Sonic, Shadow and Jet. He said on his radio show it won't particularly affect the games and later at Retro's topic reiterated that it's not specifically about the games.

It all lines up perfectly so Thursdays announcement is very likely to be this news.

@ Crash:

Thanks for adding me, accepted your friend request and I too have sent Lisa a friend request.

I spotted Dreadknux in the Online list, now hopefully we get the goods soon. XD

Or at least something. :P

Edited by Hero of Legend

Oh boy I'm getting a strange feeling some shit is about to go down right now peeps XD

It's been 20 mins and the shit still isn't down. But I think I see it... wait no, 'twas but a plane.

I really am hope-specting this is what the change actually is. As much as I really felt that Griffith reall WAS Sonic in Unleashed and Black Knight, a new VA would be cool to have.

EDIT: Brain fart

Edited by Blue Blood

Whether or not is makes people happy is not what I find so hard to believe about this. It's the idea that they would hype the announcement that they fired an actor(or multiple actors) and expect it to deliver. They didn't do anything like this the last time the cast was changed, so why this time?

Frankly, it would be pretty fucking insulting to whoever gets replaced.

• Thumbs Up 1

If anything, maybe this will test us as a comunity, if this turns out to be true, we will witness a nerd war like no one has seen in the last 5 or 6 years (sorry, I wasn't part of the fandom during the VA switch)... or things will be keep quiet and civilisated...

Soon we will see if we are just another part of "teh sawnik fandom" or just the good side of it. ;)

TEH PLOT THICKENS.

Still hoping the VA switch isn't the big news.

EDIT: Dread is online....

*goes to the bunker*

EDIT2:

*opens door*

Whether or not is makes people happy is not what I find so hard to believe about this. It's the idea that they would hype the announcement that they fired an actor(or multiple actors) and expect it to deliver. They didn't do anything like this the last time the cast was changed, so why this time?

Frankly, it would be pretty fucking insulting to whoever gets replaced.

How dare you to bring morality into this!? :angry:

*closes door again*

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 6