Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

I got a great idea, lets wait until Thursday to see what it actually is :o :o :o :o :o :o!!!

You know what as crazy as that sounds it might just work we only got 2 days left so we haven't got long left but spectacle all you want I'm getting a great laugh out of this (especially with this Jaourd vs Cas VA fight XD), I really doubt VA's will be being changed wouldn't we known by now since Colours voice work is possibly almost finished with Jason,Mike and Co ?

Edited by Crash

Don't forget, Ryan Drummond recorded voice work for Sonic Rush (and possibly Shadow) before he was replaced by Jason. It can happen.

I got a great idea, lets wait until Thursday to see what it actually is :o :o :o :o :o :o!!!

No. :P

Seriously though, I'm really amused at how this topic has spawned pages of discussion over something that may end up being completely unrelated to what the news actually is. We're such a fun fandom.

Edited by PC the Hedgehog

Who gave you all dem brains?

Without Shadz and Cas's words, I would have quickly dismissed the chance of a VA change, but now it seems more likely. If there is one, then I hope we get to see something from Colours that shows off his voice.

Haha its not so much the fact that there is all the discussion, I just like how personal sometimes people make the most trivial of things and end up tearing eachother new ones over it :P. If its one thing I've known so far with this franchise is when there is a big announcement the best thing to do is to just wait for an official source to confirm/deny something. Unless of course its a massive leak right from the site of course like with Unleashed and stuff haha.

You know what as crazy as that sounds it might just work we only got 2 days left so we haven't got long left but spectacle all you want I'm getting a great laugh out of this (especially with this Jaourd vs Cas VA fight XD), I really doubt VA's will be being changed wouldn't we known by now since Colours voice work is possibly almost finished with Jason,Mike and Co ?

Well, the rumor apparently reports that Pollock wasn't affected. And we've not heard Sonic beyond some shouts that could've been imported from other games. Plus, look who it's being reported from. So this is still a possibility.

Although, considering how the last VA switch went down, I wonder too why this news wasn't brought out sooner, (especially since Jason was apparently at some random Sonic convention in Texas not too long ago). But perhaps more professional standards have been put into place since then and he's legally obligated to keep his mouth shut about it. As Punk said, we should wait and see.

I hope Dreadknux is able to come on soon so he can post his news article regarding the VA change info and evidence(though we can't reveal the evidence) we've received(if he's planning to post it tonight) but I don't know what his work schedule at Spong is like so we'll have to be patient for now. We don't know wether this is the Thursday news though.

Well, the rumor apparently reports that Pollock wasn't affected. And we've not heard Sonic beyond some shouts that could've been imported from other games. Plus, look who it's being reported from. So this is still a possibility.

Although, considering how the last VA switch went down, I wonder too why this news wasn't brought out sooner, (especially since Jason was apparently at some random Sonic convention in Texas not too long ago). But perhaps more professional standards have been put into place since then and he's legally obligated to keep his mouth shut about it. As Punk said, we should wait and see.

Actually, people seemed to not notice the 4Kids change even when

(skip to 1:40) was out for a long time before any announcement. It wasn't until there was official confirmation that shit started to fly, and half of that shit actually just came from people who were angry at SEGA for dropping the Heroes cast in the way they did. I remember me and this one guy trying to tell people it clearly wasn't Drummond and people were ignoring us and saying "You crazy, it's Drummond fo' sure yo!". Edited by Blue Blood

Actually, people seemed to not notice the 4Kids change even when

(skip to 1:40) was out for a long time before any announcement. It wasn't until there was official confirmation that shit started to fly, and half of that shit actually just came from people who were angry at SEGA for dropping the Heroes cast in the way they did. I remember me and this one guy trying to tell people it clearly wasn't Drummond and people were ignoring us and saying "You crazy, it's Drummond fo' sure yo!".

Um, but Riders came out after Shadow, the latter of which actually marks the switch, so these guys who you argued with would've had to have known about the controversy. Their insistence that Jet of all characters was Ryan seems a bit more like denial, no offense. laugh.gif

I think a better case to have made about any confusion between the actors would've used ShtH as an example. I remember a gameplay trailer releasing for it, well before news of the switch came to light, in which Shadow did Chaos Control in Glyphic Canyon and you could hear the move being announced. Me and my friend argued tooth and nail over whether or not that was actually David Humphrey. It actually might've been though; Hasn't Retro been toying with the notion that he actually did some lines before getting axed? I think a member said it was mostly apparent in E3 videos.

Um, but Riders came out after Shadow, the latter of which actually marks the switch, so these guys who you argued with would've had to have known about the controversy. Their insistence that Jet of all characters was Ryan seems a bit more like denial, no offense. laugh.gif

No, that trailer came about before we even knew of the changes in the Shadow and Rush. Yes those two games did come first, but trailers were happening all at the same time for all three games (much like the current situation with S4 and Colours, and Free Riders soon enough).

Edited by Blue Blood

Like Blue Blood said, the Shadow game hadn't been released when the first Sonic Riders trailer was released, and nobody knew about the VA change at the time. I clearly remember people saying "Hey Sonic's voice in this trailer sounded just like the guy from Sonic X!!"; even though I was convinced it was Drummond (though I hadn't heard Griffith at the time, so I didn't know what he sounded like). Only later Drummond mentioned that he and the others VA had been replaced, and then I thought "damn, those guys were right".

I remember a firestorm rising up when people first heard Griffith playing Sonic at the end of the Riders trailer. Then later on another Shadow trailer hit and people strained to hear if it was Mike Pollock playing Eggman.

No, that trailer came about before we even knew of the changes in the Shadow and Rush. Yes those two games did come first, but trailers were happening all at the same time for all three games (much like the current situation with S4 and Colours, and Free Riders soon enough).

Ah, my mistake then.

Was this a wide-spread or major thing? In the thick of all of that mess, specifically before and during the controversy, I don't remember a lot of speculation happening that Jet was actually voiced by Ryan. In fact, I don't remember Riders being caught up in a lot of the debate at all. All I remember is speculation about Shadow, and then when everything blew up that game was in the limelight.

Even SEGA West's president Mike Hayes can play the announcement of an anouncement game -

Then we've got two other big games that we'll be announcing this year for 2011 and 2012. So we're not going to be overly aggressive - but we're going to try to have one or two each year in that segment.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=255367

I'm not really concerned, as I skip most cutscenes unless there is something REALLY compelling stopping me.

To be honest though, I never thought the voice acting was bad. I thought it was always pretty professional, even in 06.

Why? Because the script is so poorly written, that not even James Earl Jones could make it sound good.

The voice cast did the best they could with what they had, in terms of dialogue.

What SEGA needs is a goddamn decent scriptwriter.

Sometimes, though, I reckon that even if A-listers voiced Sonic, some lone nutjar would still cry for Drummond's return.

Edited by Requiem
  • Thumbs Up 1

There was rampant speculation that Jet was voiced by Griffith, if I recall. People were going on about how he sounded a lot like Usopp from 4Kids' dub of One Piece.

I'm not really concerned, as I skip most cutscenes unless there is something REALLY compelling stopping me.

To be honest though, I never thought the voice acting was bad. I thought it was always pretty professional, even in 06.

Why? Because the script is so poorly written, that not even James Earl Jones could make it sound good.

The voice cast did the best they could with what they had, in terms of dialogue.

What SEGA needs is a goddamn decent scriptwriter.

Sometimes, though, I reckon that even if A-listers voiced Sonic, some lone nutjar would still cry for Drummond's return.

I actually agree with this. I think it's part of both

Well, he sounds exactly like Usopp. I kind of imagine Jet sounding cooler than that.

Other voices need improvement, too, though. Knuckles, for example is always yelling and never sounds calm. I think that adds to the joke about him being stupid. Tails sounds too girlish(not girly, girlish xD) Rouge sounds way too old etc.

Now you are scaring me. D:

Cass, Shadz, I hope you guys are happy, I hope you know the evil that you just unleashed in the interwebz, we didn't had enough with the anti Griffith group, now we are giving birth to a new breed of fanraeg that will try to take over the forum. :(

Reminds me of Red Alert 3, minus the time machine and killing Einstein with a handshake. :rolleyes:

Anyways I really hope what you are saying is true, because once that dreadknux article is published there is no going back, if it is truth then I welcome our new fanraeging broniks, but if it turns out to be fake you will drop to fluffy kittens levels, and I don't think I will be able to respect you guys as I used to. :(

[/rant]

Having said that, hopefully this means Jet will stop being a parrot. :P

Anyways...

I hope Dreadknux is able to come on soon so he can post his news article regarding the VA change info and evidence(though we can't reveal the evidence) we've received(if he's planning to post it tonight) but I don't know what his work schedule at Spong is like so we'll have to be patient for now. We don't know wether this is the Thursday news though.

I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be true. :P

Edited by gato

Anyways I really hope what you are saying is true, because once that dreadknux article is published there is no going back, if it is truth then I welcome our new fanraeging broniks, but if it turns out to be fake you will drop to fluffy kittens levels, and I don't think I will be able to respect you guys as I used to. :(

No, stooping to Tristan's level would be: Releasing the information as soon as they got it, revealing the sources, hacking into SEGA sites, complaining that SEGA gets angry about this, etc :P

No, stooping to Tristan's level would be: Releasing the information as soon as they got it, revealing the sources, hacking into SEGA sites, complaining that SEGA gets angry about this, etc :P

Is it even possible to stoop to Tristan and his fluffy site level ? lol

Oh God.... Oh Gawd... Oh Gawd....

Yeah, I bet when you saw that I made a post with a link you all crapped your pants didn't you!

So I asked shadz when the article was going up, said it was now in the hands of the dreadknux, not sure when he gets back online tonight if at all... so it might be tomorrow. Also from what shadz told me, the article could contain a lo more stuff than it actually will because they don't want to cause issues with some people. So... Yeah. Also if the guy who I spoke to is the same as Shadz and Dread, I think he'll be ok with me quoting this. "I dont like kittens"

Edited by Gnasher

You can be sure we're not trying to stoop to fluffy kitten levels or replicate their style of reporting in any way. Dreadknux is a professional that works in the gaming press and this is his awesome site which is why he's the one who's going to be covering it on the front page. Dreadknux wouldn't bring shame to TSS or it's community and readers.

• Thumbs Up 1

For the record, I voted "no."

wat y? AmY is hot, pink, Hedjhog,12, and pink, and headchog D:

---------

Can't wait for the article to come up, though, I'll probably end up reading it tomorrow. :( I'm getting really exciting over this news. Guess thats good work on AAUK's side. Honestly, I can't really think of anything but new VA's.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1