Awoo.

Nintendo Power : Sonic Colors Almost Plays Like Sonic Unleashed - Sonic Teams Wants to use the Crazy Level Design from the old games+2 Zones confirmed

spiny blue

Those graphics are AMAZING for the Wii. I'll go on the record right now to say, based purely on those shitty quality pictures, it looks better than Galaxy 2. And the gameplay sounds and looks perfect. Like Unleashed in 3D, classic 2D... and those levels are a thing of beauty.

Who knew a game called Sonic Colors could look so damn epic? Here I thought this'd be some small experiment to tide 3D fans over for the big 20th anniversary title, but looks like we may finally be getting the great Sonic game we've been waiting for...early!

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1

So is this a day one buy for anyone then now XD(lol sorry bored) I know I will be XD

Day 1 both versions for me :D Can't say I'm happy about Eggpawns returning, especially the purple big hammer wielding ones on DS that take multiple hits but if using Wisp powers on them is fun then I won't mind :) Happy about speed, some proper platforming, amazing level design and Wisp powers :D

The shots look nice, but I hope they use the 360/PS3 Unleashed method of level design instead of the Wii one.

Day 1 both versions for me :D Can't say I'm happy about Eggpawns returning, especially the purple big hammer wielding ones on DS that take multiple hits but if using Wisp powers on them is fun then I won't mind :)

:D Awesome hopefully I can get both versions of the game too (getting DS for birthday XD). For the Eggpawns take them back to the pawn shop and get new badniks I hope that other levels contain more and interesting badniks than Eggpawns type badniks.

Edited by Crash

The Egg Pawns were cool in Rush, I dunno why I like them better than the Heroes ones. And Orbinaut, anyways.

I dunno about day 1 purchase. $50 for the Wii version, $30 for the DS version...then if Sonic 4 is released in October, that's almost a hundred bucks in just Sonic games for that month alone.

But what a glorious hundred it would be. :D

• Thumbs Up 2

Nice to see the guy was telling the truth. I do wish the scans were a bit more high quality, but meh. When the magazine comes out in more areas we will probably get better scans.

Also, I'm liking the way this game looks right now. So far, it basically looks like Unleashed Wii without the Werehog on the Wii and Sonic Rush 3 on the DS. I would rather it be "Unleashed 360 without the Werehog", but this is good as well. Not to mention that:

1. The Wii version is made by Sonic Team, not Dimps (who made the Wii daytime stages)

2. The Wii version is going to be the main 3D version, which means that more effort will probably be put into it than Unleashed Wii.

With those two in mind, it'll hopefully turn out better than Unwiished. But even if it doesn't, it'll (most likely) be good IMO (as long as ST doesn't managed to mess up pre-existing gameplay).

The graphics definitely seem like a step up from Unleashed Wii's, and probably Black Knight's, too. The levels look awesomely surreal and theme park-y, just as promised. Just please please please let the gameplay be there.

And Egg Pawns alongside classic badniks? That's a huge long-time dream fulfilled. NEVER LEAVE ME AGAIN, LITTLE GUYS~!

RMC has posted the news up on GoNintendo after Hero of Legend sent him the pic's but he's only posted 1 up and disabled comments on the post -

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=125549

No doubt because Future Publishing would rip them a new a-hole like they would us if they caught their material on their site or ours, that's why I've just posted a biref description of the screens and not posted any actual screens. Future have been on us before ages demanding we take down scans we posted up so we took them down. No doubt Tristan at cute fluffy kittens will post them up and still get away with it as usual, guess Future don't know they exist.

Slot car game confirmed.

Re: Graphics

Those noisy ass pictures fool your brain into thinking those pictures are more detailed than they actually are.

• Thumbs Up 1

RMC has posted the news up on GoNintendo after Hero of Legend sent him the pic's but he's only posted 1 up and disabled comments on the post -

http://www.gonintend...y.php?id=125549

No doubt because Future Publishing would rip them a new a-hole like they would us if they caught their material on their site or ours, that's why I've just posted a biref description of the screens and not posted any actual screens. Future have been on us before ages back for posting scans up. No doubt cute fluffy kittens will post them up and still get away with it as usual, guess Future don't know they exist.

Ermmm....You Psychic man http://tinyurl.com/KITTTENS

Edited by Crash

Ermmm....You Psychic man http://tinyurl.com/KITTTENS

Knew it, I honestly don't know how he gets away with it. You'd expect him to get at least one cease and desist from the number of times he's posted up scans before. If we at TSS do and sites like GoNintendo do then surely he should but as I said maybe Future haven't come across them before :lol:

Okay, really, how can anyone be so pessimistic about this? It's Unleashed day-time, with better graphics and platforming in 2D. Granted, I think we should be cautious, but really, this is basically what we've been waiting for. The only thing I'm worried about is the game's execution at this point. I guess we'll find out at E3!

And I swear to god, the first person who says "Sonic cycle" can shove this preview of Sonic Colors up their ass until they taste the rainbow.

:D

...just kidding, of course XD But seriously, it's getting old ;)

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 3

Knew it, I honestly don't know how he gets away with it. You'd expect him to get at least one cease and desist from the number of times he's posted up scans before. If we at TSS do and sites like GoNintendo do then surely he should but as I said maybe Future haven't come across them before :lol:

His site might not be as popular as Sonic Staduim and GoNintendo then to get Cease and desist orders to even get noticed :lol:, when was this preview suppose to come out again I totally forgot now

Edited by Crash
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okay, really, how can anyone be so pessimistic about this? It's Unleashed day-time, with better graphics and platforming in 2D. Granted, I think we should be cautious, but really, this is basically what we've been waiting for. The only thing I'm worried about is the game's execution at this point. I guess we'll find out at E3!

And I swear to god, the first person who says "Sonic cycle" can shove this preview of Sonic Colors up their ass until they taste the rainbow.

:D

...just kidding, of course XD But seriously, it's getting old ;)

I like it :lol: but yeah it does seem like the Sonic Cycle has been broken, quite early on too. This must be a good sign of things to come :D

His site might not be as popular as Sonic Staduim and GoNintendo then to get Cease and desist orders to even get noticed:lol:, when was this preview suppose to come out again I totally forgot now

8th June it's due out.

So what Sonic Team can do now to win me over forever is reference Little Planet in this game.

This is exactly what I didn't want. This is what a lot of people didn't want.

• Thumbs Up 5

O yah, 'cos you can REALLY gague high-quality graphics from low-quality photos of a magazine page. :\

Bah. Perhaps "from an aesthetic standpoint" would have been a better choice of phrase. :P

The colours look vibrant and the environments appear to be highly detailed and exciting, at least.

Edited by HunterTSF

My reactions:

11t3p50.png

Thanks Columind, I will never get tired of this picture :D

And Egg Pawns alongside classic badniks? That's a huge long-time dream fulfilled. NEVER LEAVE ME AGAIN, LITTLE GUYS~!

I don't have enough words to express how much I agree with this statement, Eggpawns + Classic Badniks it's like a double fanservice for someone who enjoys both generations of sonic games like me. :D

Some people don't like Unleashed, deal with it...

I also think that we can't judge the graphics of the game with some camshots, I think we should wait to see the game in motion before jumping conclusions. (I can't believe I readed someone saying that a camshot looks better than Galaxy 2 :blink: )

Having said that, can't wait for E3 and some proper footage, this game is delicious. [/bison]

Edited by imarafan

This is exactly what I didn't want. This is what a lot of people didn't want.

Well, by most people, you mean yourself right? 'cause I think most people really liked the day-stages, it's the werefuck they didn't like.

Then again, you're the kinda fan who thinks it prerequisite to pretty much see the worst in ANY new Sonic game. Which is fine, based on the crap we've been given. But this is perfect. Think about it: in 2D, you do classic platforming, but in 3D, you race to the finish at high-speeds a la Unleashed. It's melding the best of what works for each specific "dimension", so to speak. It's great! I just hope Sonic Team doesn't botch the execution, that's my main concern.

but I don't know what you're seeing that I don't. There's no werehog, no sword, no M16, no Trunks Dr. Who Neo Silver... it's just Sonic with some clever power-ups. If you hate that concept (just the concept, mind you), than you are impossible to please.

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 2

Looks pretty nice if what I'm seeing will be the majority of the final game; Unleashed day-style gameplay featuring both 3D and 2D platforming with a crazy art style, then I'm definitely game. I loved Unleashed to bits, but a game entirely compiled of stages remeniscent of the day levels from that game, plus an awesome art style to boot? I'd definitely get excited if that's the case with this game. I'm really liking how SEGA are handling Sonic lately; Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic '06 were some rough times, but ever since Sonic Rush I feel like they've been doing nothing but right, besides a few stinkers that I didn't even buy such as Black Knight and the like.

As a fan of the daytime sections of Unleashed, I'm really excited to see more of this game. However, I can see how people who disliked Sonic Unleashed can't find much to be excited for regarding this game, but at the same time I feel like Sonic 4 should fit that requirement, despite most people apparently disliking how that looks. Ah well, more for me, I guess. I want to see more of this before I judge, but I'm pretty stoked for Sonic 4 myself, and potentially more Unleashed-style goodness.

Edited by Solid SOAP
  • Thumbs Up 1

Unleashed day stages over black knight and secret rings any day so I can forgive the team for making such a game, and besides it's sort of a spin off, or more like a filler or whatever so having such gameplay isn't nesceseraly a bad thing/

Though I don't want the 20th anniversary game to have anything in common with unleashed. Please let them remove the boost. fucking boost is the only thing what sonic unleashed was a bout and it made sonic gameplay drastically different from what sonic gameplay used to be about. In my opinion very shit

Edited by Jaouad

Looks like Sonic Rush 3 is getting thrown under the bus for this, which is……. Disappointing. (to be frank, if any game deserves to have the 2011 anny tag, its Rush 3 so I’ll still hold out some hope that its still comming around the corner)

Aside from that, everything else looks great. Early premonitions of cheeseburgers and pastries were a bit too sweet for my teeth, but everything I am seeing from the scans look phenomenal. Epic carnivals with a planet for a backdrop is nothing more than the best thing I could have possibly hoped for. Some unique looking power ups in the form of whisps adds to the excitement. More importantly, they should really add to the Rush formula, by creating another wrinkle to deal with. With the tension gauge divided between powers, I would think that we should expect a little less dependence on the boost mechanic, and instead benefit from some more creative platforming sections.

Oh, bad quality pics or not, the game looks pretty. Bring on E3.

Can we please kill off any Galaxy comparisons too?

Edited by Gallia

If anything I say they should keep whoever is handling artistic direction for the games, they look fantastic and add a whole lot to the charm and aesthetics to the game. So hoping for a Haunted level and a Ruin level of sorts...