Awoo.

Sonic Adventure PSN/XBLA Port

Guest -FourKaySix-

I'll re-download mine in the morning then and see if that helps my problems, just incase my download/installation went a bit pear shaped.

But it's gotten worse! I don't know how they did it but they did, they made the SA camera even worse than before. I've played the DC and GC version enough to know where the problem areas are on this game, and it feels worse. ....In fact it is worse, just done the icecap stage here are some highlights. * Sonic won't grab onto the iceicles.* Sonics homing attack does not destroy ANYTHING (except that pink badnik that shoots fire).* It is impossible to kill one badnik without taking a hit yourself.* The camera zooms in so close to Sonic on the first set of iceicles that it's impossible to know which direction you jump off in unless you've played the game before.* The snowboarding section has almost zero control.Just finished Chaos 4 fight and the Egg Carrier Cut scene started... it was worse in quality to the intro. But anyway.... who would like to see all the effort that went into designing something simple like a controls menu? The one that looks like it was made using MS Paint?screenofcrap.jpgHow did Sega mess this one up so bad?

Dude, you are over reacting. I have fully played both the 360 and PS3 versions. They are actually better that the GC version. Its the PC version with the DX extras stripped. I had none of the problems you have. Delete and re-download, maybe it didn't install correctly.

Just about to download the PSN version. All of these glitches will make the game more challenging :)

I'll report back with my findings (PAL version)

It seems to me that he snaps in certain directions, no matter where I tilt the control stick. 8-way or not, it works for me! :D

Try playing with the D-Pad and compare. It's full analog in movement, but as with the original Dreamcast and Gamecube games, Sonic's model appears to snap to 8 directions, animation-wise. Trust me, I had the PC version years ago and being stuck in 8 directions really ruined precision-requiring parts of the game which work perfectly fine here, such as the thin bridge in Ice Cap etc.

This port is not glitchy. Something must have gone wrong for a few people playing the game here, because the rest of us are reporting it to be absolutely fine. Sorry, had to put that in bold because a tonne of people appear to only be reading the glitch-reporting posts and ignoring the positive ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was just about to delete the game and re-download it to see if that fixes anything, but I can't see my game save file saved separately. Do I have to lose my save file if I delete the game? My retail games have separate files stored for the game saves, but the downloadable games don't appear to. Sorry if this sounds stupid, I've not noticed this before and never had to delete and re-download a PS3 game.

So PS3 fans... want to know why your Home rewards are not unlocking?

Because you're playing Sonic Adventure.

Home rewards will not unlock whilst you are playing Sonic Adventure or keep the PS3 turned on, to unlock the Home Reward you need to play the game as normal and do the required task. Then you need to save the game and then quit it... then you need to turn off the PS3.

Then re-start the PS3, load up Sonic Adventure... then load your game.... then select the save file you want to play (The old DC/GC in game menu) once you do this a message will pop up saying that you have unlocked a new playstation Home reward.

lol now you have to quit the game again and load up Home to see if it's unlocked... and the shirt... is actually pretty cool. So for your entertainment and enjoyment my Home avatar is modelling it for you along with his Army of Evil Snowmen.

sonicadventureshirtfront-1.jpg

The front

sonicadventureshirtback.jpg

The back

Not unlocked the shoes yet.

Edited by Gnasher
  • Thumbs Up 1

For goodness sake...

You have unlocked a new reward, log into PlayStation Home and check your wardrobe to try it out.

So I quit the game and went to have a look.

Nothing new...

Restart the game and I get this

You have unlocked a new reward, log into PlayStation Home and check your wardrobe to try it out.

That is for the same reward... meaning it won't stop telling you that you've unlocked the same shirt. So you're going to have to constantly check Home to see if your second reward unlocks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was originally going to get this on my 360, but then I asked myself,"why do I want to rebuy/replay a game that I now know is full of glitches?" I already have tons of games this fall I want to play(including Sonic Colors and Sonic 4). I'm not going to waste my time play this glitch fest and say I am actually having fun. If I want to, I can just go and buy the best version(Dreamcast) or replay my PC version.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

So, after playing this game for a few hours I can say it's the best version of Sonic Adventure by far. The graphics look great and really make a difference in a way that it feels like a new game. The voices appear to be a lot clearer, the controls work well, fast loading times and no glitches at all. The only problem I have with it so far, and this is nitpicking, is that Sonic will ocasionally twitch. Worth buying if you like this game.

The times on the leaderboards are gonna take some beating :s

• Bad Quality Post 1

A few things.

How I improved my PS3 performance.

* Unplug anything charging via USB ports that is not the active dual shock 3 pad.

* Plug in Dual Shock 3 pad via USB port., do not play wirelessly if possible (although this isn't essential, it just felt more responsive when I did this).

* Turn off Notifications.

No idea how this worked or why, but I did those 3 things and it seemed a lot better when I tried again today.

Also... I have unlocked the Home shoes!

sonicadventureshoes.jpg

sonicadventureshoes2.jpg

And I just smashed the world record for Gamma in Final Egg by over 10 seconds... lol they gonna think I's a dirty Haxor!

hailtothekingbaby.jpg

Edited by Gnasher
  • Thumbs Up 1

I didn't have to do any of those things and it works perfectly... Have you tried deleting and redownloading yet?

Also, what model PS3 do you have?

Does anyone know if you lose your save data when you delete the game and re-download it?

Thanks for the pics of the shoes Gnasher. I lol'd at the dancing in them :lol: Looks like they have no buckles, like the Xbox 360 Avatar versions.

Okay, I've just bought this game, and I have to say, wtf is everyone complaining about? It's Sonic fucking Adventure, no more, no less. Everybody is complaining the game is buggy and shit and I haven't noticeed any bugs that weren't present in the other games.

The camera seems about as functional as any 3D sonic game gets, the gameplay, yeah, buggy, but classic Sonic Adventure nonetheless, that was, at the time of it's release, cutting edge, and the graphics do seem to be a bit sharper on my HDTV than the other versions which is always a plus.

About the only complaints I've seen is 'they didn't do anything to it, it's just a port :(', and I'm sorry, but you guys would definitely complain to high hell if all the Genesis XBL games got put in a 3D environment with all sorts of new gameplay 'features', so why would SEGA bother making any changes when all they get are complaints, and for that matter when you want to keep the feel and gameplay of the old game? I mean, I'm sorry but with the Sonic fanbase it's 'damned if you do, damned if you don't.'

I'm not full of praise for this game but I just want to slap some sense into the naysayers by saying there is nothing different, it's the same game, achievements unlock fine for me, there's no framerate skips and the bugs are just what the game was like at the time, you can't say that they're unique to these versions. And the menus have always looked like shitty MS paint fare tbh.

What I am saying is, if you wanna buy Sonic Adventure for probably the third time in your Sonic fandom, then yeah, go ahead, you're not going to be disappointed, it's the same game as you're used to. Exactly the same. It is ultimately Sonic Adventure, the game that everyone on this board loves so I don't see the problem with buying it if you want Sonic Adventure.

I would reccomend you play the DX version or the Dreamcast version if you have it instead; the Wii does allow GC games and DX is just the same game; there's no point buying this game other than 'IT'S ON XBL OR PSN.'

I'm not gonna say SA is a great DL title with amazing everything, but I will point out that the 'new bugs' the naysayers say exist, have always been there, the MS paint menus everyone pulls out of their arse have always looked like that, and ultimately, there's nothing here that's different from old SA ports. It's the SAME GAME, and it's just upto you guys to judge whether you want to buy SA, because the moment you hit 'download' you're automatically accepting the fact there's going to be bugs, plain and simple, because they're the same as all the bugs that were present in the old version, which everyone and their grandma is aware of and doesn't give a shit about.

Also I wanted to oppose IGN cause they're absolute idiots who reviewed the wrong freaking game lol

Thanks for the pics of the shoes Gnasher. I lol'd at the dancing in them :lol: Looks like they have no buckles, like the Xbox 360 Avatar versions.

Oh they do.

It's just that it's not easy to take a snapshot of them, you can't zoom in on shoes for some reason, but in the shoes definately have a buckle, only problem is they're not the spikey sort which I think is cooler. The shoes are called "Sonics Hi-speed shoes: Slip into Sonics Hi-Speed Shoes and experience the ultimate level of record smashing speed"

... I double dare you to put the Home pics on TSS main page... lol just think of how people react when they come online and see a random Home avatar surrounded by snowmen dancing in Sonic clothing!

Also Shadz, your save Data, is it not in the "Saved Data Utility folder?" Thats where mine is, both choa garden and the main game. Just copy it via USB stick and then bung it back on after you delete/redownload/install. Although there might be some issues since SA 1 has it's own ingame file system, not sure how the two compliment one another.

Well anyway, do you remember how a few pages back we were talking about people having stupidly impressive times on some of the leaderboards and that they must have hacked them? Well... I think I might get some accusations... last night I played as Gamma on all of his stages (the ones that have leaderboards at least anyway) and I broke all of the high score records... and in two cases I broke them by a large margain... By nearly 60 seconds!

sonicadventurehailtotheking.jpg

Final Egg

sonicadventurehailtotheking2.jpg

Red Mountain

sonicadventurehailtotheking3.jpg

Hot Shelter

Final Egg might be beatable, not sure by how much though. I couldn't believe it when I saw the results screen and the Final Egg time displayed. I just don't understand why nobody else has gotten a score anywhere near mine. The Hot Shelter record might be beatable, but you'll need a lot of luck with that one. Red Mountain, I don't know... if you do beat it, it's not going to be by much at all. I tried everything I could think of to beat my own score but each time I can't get close to it.

Lol when I got rank 1 on Naughty Bear I got tons of PM's and friends requests from people, I bet this happens here as well.

Anyone else doing well on the leaderboards?

Edited by Gnasher

About the only complaints I've seen is 'they didn't do anything to it, it's just a port :(', and I'm sorry, but you guys would definitely complain to high hell if all the Genesis XBL games got put in a 3D environment with all sorts of new gameplay 'features', so why would SEGA bother making any changes when all they get are complaints

Because that example isn't even remotely the same situation.

Also Shadz, your save Data, is it not in the "Saved Data Utility folder?" Thats where mine is, both choa garden and the main game. Just copy it via USB stick and then bung it back on after you delete/redownload/install. Although there might be some issues since SA 1 has it's own ingame file system, not sure how the two compliment one another.

Never mind, I got confused and thought the save data was in one folder and the game data (the game itself) in the other. I forgot that the loose file you load the game up from is the game data :lol: *shot for stupidity*

So anyway, I kept the save files in their folder and deleted the game and re-downloaded and installed it. I then loaded the game up and got this -

15fllrk.jpg

Ho ho hoooo!

2cwvplk.jpg

Tried quitting and re-loading it and got the same results. I've deleted it again and am currently in the process of downloading it again.

Seems like the file is getting corrupted for some people or something... :S

I know that I was having terrible trouble getting it to download, it took some 6 hours to download for me...

Never mind, I got confused and thought the save data was in one folder and the game data (the game itself) in the other. I forgot that the loose file you load the game up from is the game data :lol: *shot for stupidity*

So anyway, I kept the save files in their folder and deleted the game and re-downloaded and installed it. I then loaded the game up and got this -

15fllrk.jpg

Ho ho hoooo!

2cwvplk.jpg

Tried quitting and re-loading it and got the same results. I've deleted it again and am currently in the process of downloading it again.

Remember to blow inside the Cart... Uhh yeah XD Maybe the game file is corrupted I wonder if this happens on the 360 version :huh:

Edited by Shaddix

Holy monkey Shadz! Lol thats the best glitch yet!

You might want to consider a total deleted on the SA data, both the game data and the save files if it does that again, or don't re-install the save files and see if that sorts it out.

After re-downloading, I loaded it up and again it's a scrambled mess. I'm going to delete the game save file and try again.

Shadz have you tried playing any other games on your PS3? Like downloaded demos? Just to rule out the possability that it's a system error or the hard drive has borked.

Shadz have you tried playing any other games on your PS3? Like downloaded demos? Just to rule out the possability that it's a system error or the hard drive has borked.

It was just Sonic Adventure and I've sorted it now. I deleted both the Chao and game save data and then loaded the game up and it was fine. Been playing through the first two levels and the game is performing much better now. So it seems my initial download must have been faulty and even caused game saves to go corrupt.

Looks like they have no buckles, like the Xbox 360 Avatar versions.

Actually, the Xbox 360 avatar versions do have buckles:

sawnikshoez.jpg

15fllrk.jpg

Haha, was that just a still image, or was the entire intro messed up? If I loaded up the game and was greeted by that, I would have been seriously creeped out. :lol:

Anyway, it seems your glitch has pretty much confirmed that it was just a problem with a few early downloads. Nice to hear the PS3 version isn't as screwed up as we thought.

Edited by gamerguy21