Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

I know one thing... I was already eager in purchasing the Guardians of the Galaxy comics and that trailer just sped things up. I already know where to buy them, so as soon as I am able to, I'm definitely checking them out! (Including that one I read on Youtube before it was removed.)

It reminds me of when first heard of Deadpool, which was around the time X-Men Origins: Wolverine came out. Yeah, the movie sucked like a baby at feeding time, but after which, I listen to the fans on who Deadpool really was. I was intrigued, looked into it, and wasn't disappointed.

Iron Man will always be my favorite, but Rocket and Deadpool shot up my faves list like bullets.

‎@6:26, Ghost Rider to Phoenix Wright : "Do you have any idea how many lawyers are in Hell?"

Breakdown of UMvC3 In-Game Menus and changes from Vanilla (Menu-only)

Edited by LunarEdge

Well, I can say that despite the lack of the Megabuster (I really liked that level one from TvC), West seems to have gotten better, with less emphasis on zombies in the match as well. I'm really liking the new version.

Though, one thing that has been getting at me for a while, when Frank gets a level up, does he get stat buffs or something?

It basicly gives him access to stronger attacks. The higher the level, the better the attacks. I imagine there is more to it than that.

Edited by BlueEagle21

There is. His normals become different in some cases and his priority is also increased. Just check out the chip he does to Thor, one of the highest health characters, at the 0:53 mark when being merely Level 3. He's able to stock up to five levels, at first putting him down the likes of Dan in MvC2, but later becoming beastly like MvC2 Sentinel and Turnabout Wright, which become progressively hard to stock. Basically, he trounces Wright both in terms of gimmicks and viability.

Team "When I Evolve I Will Kill You All": Wright / Frank West / Phoenix

There is. His normals become different in some cases and his priority is also increased. Just check out the chip he does to Thor, one of the highest health characters, at the 0:53 mark when being merely Level 3. He's able to stock up to five levels, at first putting him down the likes of Dan in MvC2, but later becoming beastly like MvC2 Sentinel and Turnabout Wright, which become progressively hard to stock. Basically, he trounces Wright both in terms of gimmicks and viability.

Team "When I Evolve I Will Kill You All": Wright / Frank West / Phoenix

I wouldn't say he is any better than Wright when leveled up. Remember, Wright has that full-screen omnidirectional level 3 that is too be feared, not to mention a 130k single hit attack that cause wall and ground bounce.

Though, one thing that has been getting at me for a while, when Frank gets a level up, does he get stat buffs or something?

Also if I remember correctly, besides what others said above, he also gets new little moves/techniques such as his roll that passes through his opponent

Another good episode. Vergil looks to be more fun to use than Dante. Nova i'm liking for his hypers and his theme. Epic stuff.

I wouldn't say he is any better than Wright when leveled up. Remember, Wright has that full-screen omnidirectional level 3 that is too be feared, not to mention a 130k single hit attack that cause wall and ground bounce.

Just cause he has what is pretty much a one-hit kill move when employed doesn't make him good. Arthur had one of the best Level 3s in the first iteration, and he was still piss. Getting to that level assumes you will even have him alive long enough to build up that meter (with meter building having been nerfed in UMvC3) along with turnabout mode, something which is only accessed through luck.

Also, while Wright's pointer fingers cause massive blockstun and damage, they don't absolve his problem of having terrible mixups and mobility; two of the main things that determine how good characters usually become. None of the pointer fingers hit low or work as overheads either, they're just like Haggar's leadpipes, you'll just be fishing for a hit with a suitable assist.

@New Assist Me Episode, god; Vergil looks insane. I'd put him on a team but me and Meter hungry characters never seem to get along to well.

@Carbo: I never said he was any good because of my comparison between him and Frank. I was just saying don't be too quick to knock him compared to Frank.

Wright, in the right hands, looks like he can be a feared character given his "level up" game play and low mobility. I see a lot of potential.

Also, Marvel side UMvC3 change log (Part 3):

And new Assist me Q&A concerning to Nemesis and Dr. Strange:

Edited by LunarEdge

Max's dog is so cool! <3

Carry on...

I'd agree that Wright won't be an easy character to use, neither something that we'll see in tourney play. Then again, this is just speculation.

Edited by killemoff

Max's dog is so cool! <3

Carry on...

I'd agree that Wright won't be an easy character to use, neither something that we'll see in tourney play. Then again, this is just speculation.

exactly my point

@Carbo: I never said he was any good because of my comparison between him and Frank. I was just saying don't be too quick to knock him compared to Frank.

I'm incredibly well aware of this, and it's a silly response to bring when it comes to theoryfighting since everyone knows this, but Wright has no good way of approaching or doing combos without assists due to his sub-par normals. He can't mix-up and he's one of the few characters in the game who needs to have a team built around him to bring out his full potential. That isn't really something just garnered from watching, but from people who've actually played him at Comic-Con, including Maximilian who already has the game. The factor of randomness is a pretty huge turn-off for many people since I don't think many professional players are particularly invested in the idea of a luck-based fighter to determine how their games go.

I've been wanting him since day one, I'm planning on maining him and he looks mad fun and unique, but so far he's pretty much a one-trick pony in terms of viability. He's decent enough to manage, but he's not going to be a very commonplace character.

@Carbo: We'll have to wait to see when the game comes out. I get your points but I really don't like to judge until I have played it myself, like killemoff said before, everything atm is just speculation.

I gotta say, that was an awesome puppet in that assist me episode with RR and West

Yes, yes it was XD I love puppets lol

Also, Capcom Change log. Half the characters are featured in this 11min video:

Tuesday can't get here fast enough.

Here's another video by Maximilian this time featuring some well-known players such as Ultra David, Justin Wong, and Marn. At first they play 2 new characters and 1 familiar character and they switch it up later down the road.

Also,

Frank's alt is the X costume from Dead Rising.

1321062652228.jpg

Thus leading to another annoying round of "bawww capcom why u mock us mm fans? ;_;".

Edited by Ekaje

The vast majority of these new DLC costumes are absolutely amazing. Not even kidding, I would buy most of these. I still wish the DLC costumes were available separately instead of in packs of four like LittleBigPlanet so you don't have to buy costumes you won't use just to get one or two in particular that you actual want.

Regardless of that, consider OG Rocket Raccoon, Regular Joe and Talbain Amaterasu already purchased. They're absolutely fucking amazing costumes.

Edited by Chooch