Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

Probably the controls but, you also have to remember that their are publications exclusive to platforms that can skew review averages.

im going to say it has to be controls. Given the Ps3 is more fighter game friendly. Those doing the reviews probably used the consoles default pad opposed to a arcade stick and etc.

Tbh the 360 controller turns me off of fighters on said console. I'm a pad user (don't like the stick too much for Marvel and some other games) and the 360 controller is so bad so fighters imo

Edited by LunarEdge

I'm training for Evo 2012 <3 I wanted to go this year but life got in the way! I'm not that good to be honest because I don't really dedicate myself to learning all the ins and outs of the game. The terminology is mind boggling! I guess I do all that stuff but the abbreviations make my head spin.

So some thoughts I have on the game so far...

Phoenix Wright. Love the guy but man... does not suit my style of play at all. I'll keep trying to make him work for me.

Strider: I keep trying to play him as I did in MVC2. It is not going so well haha. Old habits die hard!

I suppose Ammy is my main. Some of the stuff I used to be able to do with her in Vanilla don't seem to be working in Ultimate. It makes me sad, but I like how she is with x-factor now smile.png Soooo fast~

Ah well, thank goodness for time off from work due to the holidays so I can get some more time in!

Phoenix Wright is going to need a ton of effort to make him work for a big shot tournament like Evo. The rest of your team is going to have to work for him, but it'd be so awesome to see someone reap victory with him.

Anyway, if any of you guys were witness to Caj814's Last Hurrah series where he goes out both guns blazing with some rare and stylish vanilla combos in honor of UMvC3's release, he posted up the last video a week ago. Good stuff.

Heroes and Heralds card art ripped.

xtW1y.jpg

mSpe2.jpg

smlGs.jpg

Okay, Steven gets a card? Sweet. NOBODY VANDALIZES MY CAAAAARRRRRRRRRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*clears throat*

Anyways, there are some cool cards there. Especially Vile, Lord Raptor, HUNK, and... Spider-Ham?

They should add in Phone Ranger while they're at it

The Rising Dead Costume Pack was released yesterday which includes Mega Man Armor Frank, Mecha Ghost Rider, Charred Nemesis and Classic Phoenix. Also, in the US, apparently The Evil Twin Pack was released a week preemptively, which features Cablepool, Scarlet Spider, Mei-Ling and Corrupted Vergil.

Naturally, me being the evil person I am, designed a troll team of Zero, Tron and Frank West with his Mega Man alt. When the team comes up in the Character Select, I laugh my ass off.

So what teams are people working with here? I'm still running Frank West / Dante / Spencer, albeit a bit retooled. I use Spencer's Horizontal Grapple assist now instead of the Slant Shot since any combo that involves Frank's snapshot can be extended with it for an additional snapshot. If you use Bottom's Up, you can get to Level 4 in a 20 hit BnB.

I feel kind of happy that Frank West has already found his place in tournaments. He's got amazing mix-ups, combo extending tools, that sweet dodge roll, great mobility and is an absolute beast at Level 4. Justin Wong is using him right now in his new team and he finds the Shopping Cart being one of the cheapest assists in the game, even better than Akuma's tatsu.

Oh, also, Chris G was completely trolling the break of this tourney stream with Phoenix Wright / Dante / Morrigan. Jump to the 1 hour and 3 minute mark to see greatness unfold.

The Rising Dead Costume Pack was released yesterday which includes Mega Man Armor Frank, Mecha Ghost Rider, Charred Nemesis and Classic Phoenix. Also, in the US, apparently The Evil Twin Pack was released a week preemptively, which features Cablepool, Scarlet Spider, Mei-Ling and Corrupted Vergil.

Oh my God no! the Sonic fanbase virus is spreading in other franchises D:

So what teams are people working with here?

Still working with Viewtiful Joe / Amaterasu / Chris Redfield seeing as that is my trademark team in Marvel 3. I've gone and picked up Rocket Raccoon and plan on picking up Firebrand and Frank West as well so I'm working on teams with them to. Those six characters in combination with Dr. Doom and Dormmamu leave me with 8 total characters used and a ton of team combinations. I'm still trying to figure out what works best.

I also don't have my own copy of the game yet so at the most I've only played a few hours the one time I went over a friend's house to play. Woe is me.

• 2 weeks later...

2:04

And Phoenix Wright walks into the cold white...turning from his regret.

Someone needs to edit the clip with the Hulk music playing from the older TV series.

• Thumbs Up 2

Someone needs to edit the clip with the Hulk music playing from the older TV series.

THATS YOUR ONE!!!!!!

(I just looked on youtube when I read your post and there it was) This glitch is turning into a meme in it's own right, the number of things people are discovering with it, Frank West is hilarious, it looks like he's taking photos of the player and even throwing zombies at them. I've seen one video of Doom doing a series ot drop kicks and then suddenly flying through the screen at the player.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

.... ... just how does this happen?

The Ancient Warrior DLC pack has been delayed, originally it was due out on December 20th, it's not going to be released on March 6th! What?

And.. it will no longer have Magnetos House of M costume, as aparently it may offend the people of Spain.

I'm still trying to work out if this is a joke or not.

So Phoenix Wright got nerfed, and Wesker didn't.

I realize a fully invincible assist may not be the greatest thing in terms of balance, but Wright was already one of the worst characters in the game when he had it. I know the guy's a lawyer and can't fight, but they really need to give him some HUGE buffs outside of Turnabout mode to compensate for this.

Heroes and Heralds is fun, but not being able to play locally or with specific players online really sucks. Not much of an online warrior(I.E, I'm garbage) so playing with friends is the only way to get enjoyment out of this game for me.

Yay, I can finally play online after getting the game on launch in anticipation of my PS3. I may not be great (I'd say "good" at best, "okay" at worst), but I'm always down for a match if anyone's interested.

Guess what I got today? Yeah, I can now play and practice without my friends being such critics. Based on my experience so far, I like Zero, Vergil, and Chris, but I have yet to try and feel how everyone plays so I'll get back to that, but its going to be a long month,

Hmm, Personally my preferred team is Dante, Vergil and Morrigan in that order, but I like to mix it up every 2 matches or so and replace Morrigan with either Trish, Firebrand, Hell Rider or Wesker. I'm an alright player if anything. I have a harder time getting my somewhat cheap Dante combo going when compared to the original, though now its turned into a juggle between Dante, Morrigan and finishing off with Vergil with his Air Dimension Slash.

I've still been doing Frank West, Dante and Spencer since day one. The synergy of the two former is astounding, especially when it becomes one of the rare cases when a THC actually has some use beyond flashy finishers since Million Dollars juggles the opponent way after Frank's Shopping Cart Hyper, allowing him to take a healthy dose of snapshots and get to level 4 almost instantly. Spencer's horizontal wire grapple also instantly grounds any opponent, so if you have a combo that ends with a snapshot, having this assist essentially means you get two snapshots instead of one, and the hitstun is still fixed.

I'm doing the heinous thing of sometime substituting Dante with Wesker since Frank's shopping cart assist is basically a far superior version of Akuma's tatsu, and anyone who's been with the game since it's humble beginnings can vouch for how Wesker and Akuma were only rivaled in synergy by Wolverine and Akuma.

I should give somewhat of an update on my teams, huh. Well I pretty much have 4 main people, Deadpool, Morrigan (I've been using those two since vanilla), Doom (never used him until Ultimate... not sure why truth be told), and Iron Fist. I work those around into teams, though I do tend to try other combos, like Skrull, Zero, and Doom. When the opponent's in the corner, starting with a stone dunk, then Tenderizer H, Skrull's QCF hyper (don't remember the name, but i's the one where he flies and you control his path in mid air), then after a little bit of that, go to Zero's QCF hyper (Rekkoha I believe), then immediately go to Doom's hyper where he throws the lazer in the air. When that hits, it does roughly 650K, and the only place to really mess up on is the Stone Dunk. From there, it's all going through the motions.

Just a little something I thought up yesterday.