Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

Heroes and Heralds is free post-launch DLC. They haven't mentioned when it'd be available though.

Oh okay, thanks for the info =3 Can't wait for it actually

Game's really different from the vanilla version. With the addition of the 12 new characters the CPU also fights differently, being able to use human combos now for good mix-ups and added difficulty. Haven't seen any DLC yet for it, though I was able to redeem my Femme Fatale pack code and download those costumes. Right now I'm really just trying to refine a team to use. So far I've got Strider x ??? x Dr. Doom, though I need to learn to use Doom better outside his assist. Strider isn't as bad of a glass cannon as I thought he'd be, but he still goes down pretty fast, and I've yet to find a time when his OTG is safe to pull off. Rocket Raccoon is a beast to play as and has a lot of zoning and close range potential.

It's L day, aka Launch day!

I want to hear impressions and stuff. Go!

Pretty good so far. The online is a lot better, can still be choppy at times but not everyone has the best connection. Although, I had a problem the other day. I tried to go online and it kept saying "Failed to Update player Profile, returning to Main Menu," which scared me a bit so I deleted my data like an idiot and tried again to no avail. I put this problem up on SRK and this one guy told me to restart my ps3, which I did and no more problems.

The new characters are definitely fun and I had my doubts but RR is a very fun and technical character to play and I don't regret giving Capcom my money XD Also, if you played a significant amount of Vanilla, then there's not much for you to learn in this new iteration than the character changes and new characters.

Edited by LunarEdge

Really loving the game. Very addictive. Phoenix Wright really is not easy to use but i'm enjoying learning how to use him properly. I'm also really liking Iron Fist and Firebrand.

Not much I can say for the Online. I've only played a few matches with a friend and one of our connections was terrible so we carried on playing for a laugh.

Again, very impressed with the game. Looking forward to improving eventually.

Edited by BlueEagle21

Also removing the ability to cancel Deadpool's overhead is the most bullshit change.

Completely agree with that.

And is it just me or has Spider-man's standing S hitbox decreased because he misses when doing L,M,H,S

I don't remember it doing that in vanilla.

Edited by Zone_Seeker

Well after buying the game on launch (had a reserve, got it for when I get my PS3 next month), I was able to get my hands on it today when my friend brought his PS3 over, and I gotta say, I'm loving Iron Fist to death. I'm probably gonna alter my main team from Deadpool-Morrigan-Haggar to Deadpool-Morrigan-Iron Fist. Also, to my surprise, Doctor Strange is amazing, much better than I anticipated. Also, from the bit I played of Vanilla, I never played Wesker for, well, I dunno. I just never tried. But I did today, and I'm liking how he works. He's another I gotta use. Also, Spidey is just as good for me to use as back in even MvC1, as I always use him when playing that game in the arcade. Still do too when I get a chance.

It's making my wait for my PS3 a little more difficult too handle.

Edited by GameFarnsworth940

I can't Iron Fist worth a nickel. Far too short ranged for my tastes to justify the amount of command combos he's relying on, and he has no way to get around properly.

My thoughts on the newcomers and how I've been playing them,

Ghost Rider is a character I feel I should use more if only I could understand how his range works in combos. His keepaway is borderline ridiculous, and he undoubtedly has the best snap back in the game.

Strider reminds me of Phoenix if she wasn't built around a gimmick, so basically a glass cannon with way too much tech on his hands. I haven't actually used him as much as I thought I would though.

Hawkeye is nuts. His X-Factor rips and tears, the arrows are stupidly unpredictable and his zoning is fabulous. I'd easily call him one of the underdogs of the new additions.

Firebrand is... I don't know honestly. I haven't played him enough, he's just so unexpected. His mixups catch me off guard whenever I play against him though.

Doctor Strange reminds me a lot of Mu-12 from BlazBlue. Out of all the characters in the game I see far too much time investment to be sunk into the properties and technologies of all of his moves, even though I can clearly see that pay off.

Nemesis. I hate playing against him since he can finish you off easily with merely two meters. A powerhouse that's rather fun to play and easy to grasp though, if you're a fan of heavy punching.

Vergil feels like Dante but with far more risk-reward and doesn't feel nearly as menacing as I thought he'd be. He devours meter like no other, and so much of what he does is unsafe, especially his teleports. Most Vergils online tend to rush down like insane and pile on pressure, even though there's clearly more mindgames and exploitation with him involved.

Nova's tools are incredibly simple but effective, everything works off of the fundamentals. Like Ghost Rider I'm almost surprised over how I'm not using him more. That baroque gimmick doesn't seem to be doing much for me personally though.

Phoenix Wright is the most awkward fighting game character I've ever played. I want to love him but he's easily crippled by rushdowns without proper assists. Maya isn't nearly as useful as I'd think she'd be and collecting evidence is a bit of a chore. That said, hitting the Objection is not that hard if you do it from a Team Aerial Combo. Turnabout Mode amplifies his assists to the point beyond Hsien-Ko Assist tier, because literally every assist he has is invincible. I'm not talking hyper armor here, but literally invincible. Press The Witness Assist becomes a Press-Button-To-Win attack.

Rocket Raccoon is one of my favorite characters in this game. his combo and setup potential is pretty insane with some of the most unorthodox moves and combos that are incredibly satisfying to pull off. He's ridiculously nimble and his burrowing move is fucking awesome. His health is pathetic though, but that's to be expected when he's as vicious as this.

Frank West is probably my favorite newcomer altogether and became a mainstay the minute I tried him out. He's probably the most all-around effective character added with no real weakness or strength, but with a cleverly implemented gimmick mechanic that makes him absolutely devastating when maxed out. Most of the tools he could possibly need are there, and his range + mobility is fairly standard. Easy to pick up and play, solid in getting the work done.

My main team is Frank West / Spencer / Dante. Frank and Dante are practically BFFs, and both manage to make an incredible scenario with THCs, making them useful for more than just show. Frank's hyper ends far before Dante's Million Dollars which gives him the opportunity to work with snapshots, but since the combo keeps running, you can easily snap two or three pictures that will kick you up to level 4 instantly.

Otherwise I'm also doing Team Guns which is Rocket Raccoon / Dante / Deadpool. Finally the THCs have complete synergy between characters.

Cyber Blue? Man, that's pulling some obscure reference there, Battle Circuit is awesome. Also, Steven from Dead Rising...that stupidly awesome face returns.

Gene card makes me shed a single tear. They acknowledge him in the game, after ignoring God Hand completely up until this point, and he's in only as a card. Grr. >: |

a lot of the people on the cards seem like would be fighters, actually.

COMEBACKFIEEEEEEND

Gene card makes me shed a single tear. They acknowledge him in the game, after ignoring God Hand completely up until this point, and he's in only as a card. Grr. >: |

Allegedly, Gene and Mega Man X were in the final character pool when Capcom were still deciding on characters, although they settled with Phoenix Wright.

They said that they're considering DLC characters. I'd love to have Gene and X, but I got my two most wanted characters already, those being Wright and Spencer (with the latter now having his Rearmed Alt due January). At this point the only character I'd truly want for DLC is Sissel. He's my favorite Capcom character of all time, and his supernatural powers would be exciting to adapt into a Mahvel environment.

Heroes and Heralds card art ripped.

xtW1y.jpg

mSpe2.jpg

smlGs.jpg

*sees Megaman*

70741c61244a72d3e4285fbd563948f3.png?v=45000

Problem Megaman fans?

Fuck Zero's X costume, X himself should be a must for DLC. Also, Franziska and her whip would make a great fighter...but from the AA franchise, if someone has more possibility of being DLC is Edgeworth

EDIT: BTW, reviews are already starting to appear on Metacritic

PS3: 82 with 19 critics (all positive)

360: 79 with 21 critics (17 positive and 4 mixed)

PS Vita: None yet

Edited by Vec

EDIT: BTW, reviews are already starting to appear on Metacritic

PS3: 82 with 19 critics (all positive)

360: 79 with 21 critics (17 positive and 4 mixed)

What's that different between the 2 versions to have differing reviews like that?

Probably the controls but, you also have to remember that their are publications exclusive to platforms that can skew review averages.