Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

I think Ash still sounds bad. If people are saying he sounds better than before, I'd hate to hear her when she started.

Also, I thought it was funny when Juniper yelled only fire.

I think Ash still sounds bad. If people are saying he sounds better than before, I'd hate to hear her when she started.

Oh wow, she was terrible. Her performance isn't even consistent in that video. It keeps going up and down, I wouldn't know the two videos are of the same people if you hadn't said so. Still, I like Taylor's voice much more.

Edited by marcellof

This was Sarah when she first got started man. She's gotten SOOOOOooOO much better.

Oh wow, she was terrible. Her performance isn't even consistent in that video. It keeps going up and down, I wouldn't know the two videos are of the same people if you hadn't said so. Still, I like Taylor's voice much more.

Apparently, she (atleast at first) isn't a professional. I heard she got the job when she was around 18, with very little voice acting experience. I mean I know they wanted someone who somewhat sounded like Veronica, but it baffles me why they didn't seek out a more experienced voice actor for such an iconic character.

Apparently, she (atleast at first) isn't a professional. I heard she got the job when she was around 18, with very little voice acting experience. I mean I know they wanted someone who somewhat sounded like Veronica, but it baffles me why they didn't seek out a more experienced voice actor for such an iconic character.

I see. Well she has gotten a lot better. The acting isn't bad, I think, I just prefer Taylor's voice. Brock is much worse from what I've watched, though ^^

I don't see why Nintendo took Pokemon from 4Kids, though. Unlike a lot of their shows, I thought they did a good job with it. Or were there other reasons?

[video of ash seeing Ho-Oh]

"Oh it's Ho-Oh *yawn* seen it twice before, someone show me a NEW LEGENDARY to bless my journeys already :["

I bet it's kind of irritating to Ash that he's seen pretty much EVERY legendary up close but Ho-Oh. Which only gets to fly over him once in a while, over a far distance.

On the Pokemon voices, maybe it's just me but I could handle most of the dub voices in Kanto. They started to get a bit irritating with some voices in Johto and later seasons really pushed it. Piplup and Torchick had voices like nails on a chalkboard

Tepig isn't around enough to make much noise (and hes got the most potentally annoying voice), Oshawotts voice is pretty soft and no Snivy talks all that much...

Serebii has just confirmed that the supposed list of B&W English names is legit. He also revealed the English names for the event Pokemon:

* #647 - Keldeo

* #648 - Meloetta

* #649 - Genesect

In addition to that, he also confirmed that Darmanitan's Daruma Mode is now called Zen Mode and Meloetta's Step Forme is now called Pirouette Forme.

Of course, that can mean only one thing...

ROGGENROLA IS CONFIRMED! HECK, YES! BEST. NAME. EVAR! :lol:

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

It doesn't matter if 4Kids holds the rights over it, or that any of the old voices come back. Fact of the matter is that the Pokémon anime has very little real value for older fans beyond simply what they remember of the first 50 or so episodes. Look, I like Team Rocket as much as the next guy, but I couldn't give less of a shit if they had Meowth evolve and Jessie go off to become a gym leader and reduce her screentime significantly. The anime was something I watched during my childhood, and it's going to stay in my childhood as far as I'm concerned.

It doesn't matter if 4Kids holds the rights over it, or that any of the old voices come back. Fact of the matter is that the Pokémon anime has very little real value for older fans beyond simply what they remember of the first 50 or so episodes. Look, I like Team Rocket as much as the next guy, but I couldn't give less of a shit if they had Meowth evolve and Jessie go off to become a gym leader and reduce her screentime significantly. The anime was something I watched during my childhood, and it's going to stay in my childhood as far as I'm concerned.

I wanna watch, just to see what other convulted ways they'll keep Ash from winning.

• Thumbs Up 1

Serebii has just confirmed that the supposed list of B&W English names is legit.

Serebii is like an adorable mentally disabled child. They try, they really do, and it warms your heart to watch, but in the end they just don't know what the fuck they're doing.

I mean he literally fucking said that the list is "confirmed" because a number of the names match. And while anyone with half a brain can tell that this is pretty likely the truth, it's certainly not confirmed.

UNTIL NEXT TIME, KEEP ON TRUCKIN', SEREBII

Now I was thinking something...we have this legendary Kyuremu (don't know if they translated his name already). His type is Dragon/Ice. Man, he'd be hard to beat (maybe not, but I'd need to play and fight it). Also, wouldn't be this Pokemon the principal of the famous 3rd game of every generation? (Like Platinum, Emerald or Crystal were)

Victini available over wi-fi in the U.S. between launch and April 10th

Press release:

Nintendo and The Pokémon Company are giving Pokémon™ fans yet another reason to get revved up for the March 6 launch of the Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version video games for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems. Consumers who purchase either of the new games between launch and April 10 will be able to receive a special Liberty Pass via Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection (broadband Internet access required), which will enable them to catch the never-before-seen Mythical Pokémon Victini™.

Victini – the Victory Pokémon – is the first Pokémon that’s Psychic- and Fire-type and cannot be obtained through normal game play. It is said that Victini creates an unlimited supply of energy, which it shares with others. This energy source may be the secret to how it brings about victories. Victini’s unique and exclusive Victory Star ability not only increases its own accuracy in battle, but also boosts the accuracy of all a player’s Pokémon in battle. Victini is a must-have in any Pokémon battle, and is especially useful in Triple Battles, which debut in Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version.

Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version include more than 150 never-before-seen Pokémon that players can catch, train and battle as they progress through the game. Both games are now available for pre-order from major retailers throughout the United States for a suggested retail price of $34.99 each. A deposit may be required for pre-orders. See individual retailers for details.

For more information about Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, visit http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com.

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=149176

Looks like you guys in the U.S. won't be missing out on the Victini wi-fi distribution :)

Now I was thinking something...we have this legendary Kyuremu (don't know if they translated his name already). His type is Dragon/Ice. Man, he'd be hard to beat (maybe not, but I'd need to play and fight it). Also, wouldn't be this Pokemon the principal of the famous 3rd game of every generation? (Like Platinum, Emerald or Crystal were)

Kyurem IS going to be the 3rd version mascot(Its so damn obvious), its a Dragon/Ice type its still pretty easy to kill because it doesn't cover any of its weaknesses other than its Ice one.

Its still weak against:

Fighting

Steel

Dragon

Rock

As opposed to Reshiram's:

Ground

Rock

Dragon

Or Zekrom's:

Ground

Ice

Dragon.

thumb_i_27632.jpg

First comment on the page:

You know you're thinking it too.

I'm ashamed to say, that was my first thought too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cooool!

About the dub again: How faithful is it to the original?

Oh and did they just start using game music in Best Wishes, or did 4Kids just change the music? I can't really remember them regularly using game music.

Edited by marcellof

MASSIVE DAMAGE ANIME PLOT SPOILERZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEG8QV7DcZo

The Rockets are actually relevant again?!

Pokermanz just may get awesome again.

You didn't already know? Rockets have been acting badass since the season began. If you liked goofy Kanto Ash, refreshingly NOT annoying sidekicks, actual threats, and Pokemon in the main Characters teams that actually have personalities; then B&W is pretty much a winner. It just depends on if Pokemon USA can avoid the temptation to add wisecracks to the Rockets lines and give Iris a decent VA.

About the dub again: How faithful is it to the original?

Oh and did they just start using game music in Best Wishes, or did 4Kids just change the music? I can't really remember them regularly using game music.

The dub for the most part has always been faithful to the original script, with minor variations here and there. 4Kids main transgressions on Pokemon were a tendency to erase out any Japanese in the background art and doing stuff like calling riceballs doughnuts. They got worse around the last year of their dubbing of the series when they changed a giant riceball to a shoddy digital sub sandwich (that wasn't even animated properly) and the rather disastrous dubbing of the Pokemon Sunday specials (known as Pokemon Chronicles).

Also the Dub version of Pokemon has always been really inconsistent with game music, the original Japanese is full of themes from the games but 4Kids and (for some reason) Pokemon USA like to replace the music with more generic dub music (I'm guessing rights issues and such). Some of the Japanese music does slip through per episode however so some in-game themes occasionally pop up.

If you REALLY want to know what changed on an episode-by-episode basis, I direct you to the fantastic Dogasu's Backpack This site is dedicated to comparisons of the Japanese Episodes to the English. Theres usually a few significant differences per episode and it makes for an interesting read.

Edited by jennytablina