Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

Forgot to post a reminder earlier in the week, but Ash's Pikachu is now available to download in the U.S. at Toys R Us.

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=10872371

You have until February 13th to grab it for your Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver games.

The Crown Beasts are now on Wi-Fi.......and it's for the US and Australia copies too.

Gamestop goers: You may now yell.

Just grabbed five Raikous. Can't wait to get Zoroark and the other two beasts! Soooooo glad they're offering them over WFC shortly after the Gamestop event.

Just got Raikou on Heart Gold. Bit annoyed that you can't get the other 2 though :( They haven't been doing the in-store events for the 3 over here in the UK like they have in the U.S. We haven't had Ash's Pikachu either.

EDIT:

Got Raikou on Diamond, too >_<

EDIT 2:

Oh, I've just read up on it. They're giving a different beast each week like the in-store U.S. events. Yay! :D

Oh wow they're actually giving them over Wi-fi now?! Oh Nintendo it's like you really care.

So how bout them Black n White Special Edition packs in US Ninty?

Edited by Black Spy

Oh wow they're actually giving them over Wi-fi now?! Oh Nintendo it's like you really care.

So how bout them Black n White Special Edition packs in US Ninty?

With the 3DS literally right around the corner? Not sure if that's the best idea =|

Edited by Jetronic
  • Thumbs Up 1

With the 3DS literally right around the corner? Not sure if that's the best idea =|

It's surprising enough really that they're releasing them over here... and before the US gets the games even.

Sorry. Had to say that last part.

• Thumbs Up 1

Crosspost from my post on Sonic Retro:

Might as well post here, since I went to the Pokemon Black and White tour at the mall closest to my area! It was okay, I got a booklet thing which has information about the tour, the new Pokemon, information about triple battles and infrared connection. In addition, there's info about the C-gear, video chats, the differences between the versions, info on the Global Link...

Then there's also info on Victini event, an advertisement for Pokemon.com and the Pokemon Trainer Club, then ads for the Zoroark movie that played there (which I just watched on TV instead, as I predicted kids would scream inside the theater), and the Black and White TV series. There's also an add for the trading card game, and the video games themselves, and on the back is info about the tour dates and locations.

The front of course has Reshiram and Zekrom (I prefer Zekrom, because he has arms and wings), and the first page has space for 6 stamps- 5 Pokeon stamps, and one prize stamp you get for getting the first five stamps. I managed to get all five (Reshiram, Oshawott, Zekrom, Tepig, and Snivy) so of course I have the prize stamp, which is a Pokeball. I got to spin a wheel to get a prize, and I got a Snivy DS stylus (I wanted an Oshawott one).

I also played the Pokemon Black (I think they also had White demos there too) demo they had there, and got a Zekrom pin thing for doing so. If you want details on the demo: I started as the female trainer (automatically named Whitlea in the demo) and in the starting area, I was forced to battler the first person in front of me (the blonde girl whose name I forget), and found out that I was forced to use Snivy (HAH, it's like the whole event was conspiring to try and get me to use Snivy. Too bad, Oshawott is my choice, and that's final!). It had Mega Drain and other attacks I can't remember- I actually used it on her Oshawott to instantly kill it.

Oh, and there was a Zorua and a Deerling in the party by default, as well. I used the Zorua on the guy trainer (I think his name is Cheren or something) and it pretended to be a Deerling at first. I only managed to do those two battles, plus one random encounter before time ran out on playing the demo. I've gotta say though, they made the demo way too easy. I was pretty disappointed by the event in general.

Oh, and I preordered Pokemon White. Put five dollars down, so I'm guaranteed to get that Victini download.

Also, imo Dragons look better with arms. Seriously, fuck you Reshiram, I had to MAKE you have arms to tolerate you. Too bad I can't do that in the game.

Hm, odd. I'm with you guys above in pronouncing it wrong. But I like the correct way. It sounds like "universe".

They asked if there would be a "Pokemon Gray coming to the Nintendo 3DS". I would be totally surprised if they don't release a third game.

They asked if there would be a "Pokemon Gray coming to the Nintendo 3DS". I would be totally surprised if they don't release a third game.

I'm not quite so sure on that one, theres already a Pokemon title due later on for the DS (the typing game) and it doesn't make much sense to make a third version on the DS, seeing as I'm sure Nintendo are keen on phasing out DS development soon as the 3DS is firing on all cylinders.

In any case, watched the new dub season today. The initial episodes have kept ALL the music from the japanese version and serious Team Rocket too. Only downside is that the rather lovely 3D opening (while retained) has been chopped up pretty bad and the intro song is meh compared with "Best Wishes"

Edited by jennytablina

I'm not quite so sure on that one, theres already a Pokemon title due later on for the DS (the typing game) and it doesn't make much sense to make a third version on the DS, seeing as I'm sure Nintendo are keen on phasing out DS development soon as the 3DS is firing on all cylinders.

I'm just trying to remain hopeful. =P

It's probably just a marketing ploy so people waiting for the 3rd version will get Black/White instead and then they'll announce the 3rd version and people will get that as well. :/

In fairness, I wouldn't expect a company to say "In about 2 years we'll release an improved, third version of the game", even if it IS the normal thing for them.