Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

Will I have to rename all my Gen. 4 Pokés so they don't look out of place with their ALL CAPS?

Even those third gen ones that are impossible to return to the GBA games?

FFFFFFFFF

Edited by Trucy

This non caps thing doesn't affect me, personally, since I hate leaving my Pokémon without nicknames (it'd be like calling your cat "CAT" or your dog "DOG"). Still, it's less glaring, to say the least.

Edited by Mega

• 2 weeks later...

Shiny Beasts being given away at Gamestop.

Copypasta from Serebii:

To tie in with the February Release of the new movie; Zoroark Master of Illusion, Nintendo has announced that, in the US, Gamestop is going to be hosting the events to give the downloads of the Shiny Beasts; Raikou, Entei & Suicune. However, unlike the japanese distribution, you have the ability to get all three. From January 3rd 2011 to January 11th 2011, you'll be able to receive Raikou. From January 17th 2011 to January 23rd 2011, you'll be able to receive Entei. From January 31st 2011 to February 6th 2011, you'll be able to receive Suicune. When you transfer these Pokémon to Black & White through the Transfer Machine, you'll be able to take them to Illusion Forest to awaken Zoroark
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm not thrilled with how they're doing this. Making a trip to Gamestop every week? Right, because I'm sure it's extremely hard to just give all three out at the same time.

FUCKING GAMESTOP.

I'm not thrilled with how they're doing this. Making a trip to Gamestop every week? Right, because I'm sure it's extremely hard to just give all three out at the same time.

FUCKING GAMESTOP.

It's annoying, but it's good marketing, because it means they have 3 opportunities to get people in the store and possibly impulse buy something. I never fall for this tactic though; I just walk in, grab the freebie and go :lol: Did it with GAME and their free Donkey Kong Country Returns in exchange for a bunch of bananas deal. I just handed over the bananas, got the game and left the shop, job done :D

Hope this event comes to Europe. I like going to these things, even if it is easier for them to just distribute them over NWFC. Hey, it's much better than what they've done recently by forcing you to buy a Ranger game to get 2 event Pokémon, which are limited time downloads to said Ranger game >_<

It's annoying, but it's good marketing, because it means they have 3 opportunities to get people in the store and possibly impulse buy something.

Lol, I just hover outside of the store, since I can still access it from there, XD. I feel like a total dork when I'm playing standing up infront of the store, but damn it, I need me pogeymen, >(.

It is really annoying to make three trips, with the gas money and all *it's a half hour away for me* but it might be worth it I guess. If not, I might just get one or something, IDK.

-Blur

With thanks to Shadaer for sending this in, various retail stores have begun receiving display boxes for Pokémon Black & White. These boxes match the Japanese box and as such shows a Triple Battle. This Triple Battle has given us the names of three of the Pokémon, the elemental monkeys. The US name for Yanappu is Pansage. The US name for Baoppu is Pansear and finally, the US name for Hiyappu is Panpour. We'll bring more names as they come, and expect the official site to update with these soon. Incidentally, it also confirms that N and Team Plasma keep their names
  • Thumbs Up 1

From Serebii, not quite sure what to make of those names... Pansage and Pansear sound alright but Panpour sounds incredibly cheesy.

I needed some time to get used to the starters, but I immediately liked all three of the monkeys' names. I mean, they each use a completely new word related to their typing; that's got to be tough to do at this point. Panpour at least flows decently, and I can't in good conscience call it cheesy knowing that names like Rhyperior and Mr. Mime exist.

I'll bet anything that their evolutions will be Monsage, Monsear and Monpour to follow the pattern of the Japanese, though. Probably.

Edited by Octarine

Pansage

Pants

Pansear

Pantsier/Prancer

Panpour

Dumb

How do you pronounce these?

How do you pronounce these?

Pan like a frying pan.

Sage like a wise sage.

Sear like Sears without the s.

Pour like pouring rain.

I thought that was fairly obvious?

I like them anyway. They all roll off the tongue very well and as Octarine mentioned, at least they're being more creative with the root part of the names. And I sure wouldn't mind their evolutions using the mon- as a prefix. It sounds pretty good.

I thought that was fairly obvious?

Was just checking. Cause they sound a little weird. Just a little.

Ash's Pikachu coming to Toys R Us in the U.S.

Ash's Pikachu EXCLUSIVE Character Download

January 30 - February 5

Free exclusive event! January 30-February 5! Get Ash's Pikachu as seen in Pokemon TV and movies at DS Download Stations only at Toys ''R'' Us!

Bring your Nintendo DS system and your Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver Versions to Toys ''R'' Us to receive the Character Download!

Legal: Nintendo DS system and Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver Version games (each sold separately) required to receive content distribution. Content distribution not offered at competing retailers in the USA in 2010. Pokemon marks and character names ® or TM Nintendo.

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4311963

Thanks to Soul Linker at pkmn.net for the find.

Really hope these downloads are coming to Europe, too.

EDIT:

Some info from pokebeach.com:

Toys R Us has announced that they will be distributing Ash’s Pikachu to fourth generation games from January 30th to February 5th. The Pikachu is likely the same one that was released in Japan this past July at McDonalds and over Wi-Fi, knowing Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Quick Attack, and Thunderbolt and coming to you at Level 50 while holding a Light Ball. The Pikachu will not be offered at any other stores in the United States.

http://pokebeach.com/2010/12/ashs-pikachu-distribution-at-toys-r-us

The question is.... Will Pikachu have Ash's hat? DUN DUNNN~!

It can't be Ash's Pikachu without something like that. :P

It doesn't. What it does need though is the ability to hit ground types with electric moves. =P

• Thumbs Up 3

Double Post.

I hate how Serebii never posts sources. But according to them Nintendo has issued a press release confirming a March 6th release for the US.

Oh.. Wonderful. Pokemon Black and White comes out on my birthday.

Now I'll get no presents and no one will come to my party. :<

Munna keeping it's JP name was a given, Zeblitz would have suited Blitzle better and I'm not sure where they got Minccino from since it's a chinchilla and all. Pidove is an odd name for something based on a horrible vermin.

Klink is the most fucking amazing name ever though, I was so sure it'd keep the name Gear. I wonder what the evolutions will be called since Giklink and Gigiklink sound horrible.

I wonder what the evolutions will be called since Giklink and Gigiklink sound horrible.

Klank and Klunk? :lol:

There's a fair chance they saved "Zeblitz" or something similar for Zeburaika. Likewise, it seems pretty likely that they called Chillarmy "Minccino" to set up for keeping Chillaccino's name the same, although why they'd ditch Chillarmy at all is totally beyond me.

The names are a mixed bag, really. I adore Sandile, Gigalith, Klink and Blitzle, but Pidove's a little too simple for me and Darmanitan's a mouthful. Munna staying the same... yeah, no surprise there. I also never expected that Gear would stay the same, so that wasn't a surprise, but I'm glad the name they chose was so good. Klinkklinkklink.