Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

He looks bipedal in that too me actually. Like just a sumo position in a way with the one knuckle on the ground. Plus, I have a large feeling that he just switches positions judging from that shell-sword he's holding. Maybe while he uses that he's bipedal, and when he's not he's quadruped? If so, I think that's EVEN MORE badass then just being one or the other.

That art kinda makes want to choose the water starter, but I still think I'll still with Snivy. *honestly can't remember the names of the other two; the fan names are too built in, XD*

-Blur

If it is official then it really begs the question of WHY they made Shoalgun a quadruped when he looks so much better as a biped.

For the hell of it, because it even says in the description that Daikenki can walk on two legs quite easily.

For another fascinating topic: Notice that its left arm only has three shell pad things.

Shoalgun has sheaths on its arms.

Confirmed for best Gen V starter? Confirmed for best Gen V starter.

For the hell of it, because it even says in the description that Daikenki can walk on two legs quite easily.

Orly? Huh. Well never mind then. Why the fuck did they have to make him look so awkward in his official art/sprite then?! In the above art he looks a LOT more natural and more.... well.... SAMURAI like.

That pic took him from 0 to AWESOME, then back down to 0 because his sprite still looks like shit.

Orly? Huh. Well never mind then. Why the fuck did they have to make him look so awkward in his official art/sprite then?! In the above art he looks a LOT more natural and more.... well.... SAMURAI like.

That pic took him from 0 to AWESOME, then back down to 0 because his sprite still looks like shit.

Wait for the inevitable "Grey Version" (which is what I'm doing). I'm sure they'll have revamped sprites there.

Couldn't they have made Daikenki Water/Fighting, and Tepig's final evo Fire/Dark?

Edited by Blue Blood

Couldn't they have made Daikenki Water/Fighting, and Tepig's final evo Fire/Dark?

Better yet, designed their stats to fit their typing and movepool. *coughcoughenbuoocough*

Better yet, designed their stats to fit their typing and movepool. *coughcoughenbuoocough*

I wouldn't worry about that. We've got plenty of Fire/Fighting types, that are also starters no less. You're covered.

And agreed with everyone who thinks that Daikenki should be shown as bipedal more. It makes him look so much cooler and you can actually see the samurai-motif which is completely lost when he's on all fours. Was anyone else completely unable to see how he was supposed to be a samurai before?

Edited by Blue Blood

I wouldn't worry about that. We've got plenty of Fire/Fighting types, that are also starters no less. You're covered.

Well not in the actual GAME.... Ya know... where Infernape ISN'T an option....

Was anyone else completely unable to see how he was supposed to be a samurai before?

He's actually supposed to resemble a shogun riding their horse.

Bipedal is best pedal.

And agreed with everyone who thinks that Daikenki should be shown as bipedal more. It makes him look so much cooler and you can actually see the samurai-motif which is completely lost when he's on all fours. Was anyone else completely unable to see how he was supposed to be a samurai before?

Someone doesn't know samurai then. :P

I've seen a kabuto very similar to Diakenki. No seriously. I just can't find it. D: But like Cow said its supposed to a shogun on a horse. I can see it. :P

Also... Why did Hammon had to go be part fighting? It defeats the purpose of having it being the only fire type to know an attacking water move. D:

He still would've looked better bipedal.

Choroneko can stand on its legs like Meowth according it's trading card.

straightface.png

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yessssssssssss. I nick all of my Pokémon the proper way, so now it won't look awkward alongside the rest of the game's lingo.

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh. No more uppercase letters for the Pokemon? That's cool though it never really bothered me before.

HELLO I AM YOUR FIRST OPPONENT IN THE BATTLE TOWER. PLEASE GO EASY ON ME.

Why did that even happen in the first place?

Maybe Nintendo wanted the text to show excitement from your opponent so they did the caps lock thing? I dunno...

Edited by Torcano

That is nothing compared to the guy who claims he is going to be a mother. o.0

I can't exactly remember it but it was some cycler guy in battle tower but that was odd. I hope translations go better this time around.

• Thumbs Up 1

I must be the only one who likes Daikenki as mostly a quadraped - I find the bipedal can be awkward, but that art is holy fucking badass nonetheless. Semi-bipedal at times seems to be the way to go imo.

I must be the only one who likes Daikenki as mostly a quadraped - I find the bipedal can be awkward, but that art is holy fucking badass nonetheless. Semi-bipedal at times seems to be the way to go imo.

Please don't tell me I'm the only one who read that initially as "quad-raped"... oh, how my crazy mind works sometimes. I blame the interwebs :blink:

On topic, non-capital letter Pokemon names is awesome news. Makes a bit of a mockery of them all having capitalised names in Brawl but nevertheless it's a change for the better.

• Thumbs Up 1

I theorized that the Battle Tower (or whatever it was called) was filled with androids with limited vocabulary. Think about it.

bwenglishprerelease.png

No more ALL CAPS for Pokémon names confirmed!

I'm late to the party here, but yes. I figured that this would happen eventually, since moves stopped being in all-caps... uh, a while ago, and Generation IV's in-game trade Pokemon had normally capitalized nicknames. Still, I'm really happy to hear this.

Edited by Octarine