Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

MOAR BETTER PIC:

metal_gear_pokemon_by_arkeis_pokemon-d33fyi2.jpg

:lol:

That's epic. :P I wonder where is Metal Gear Kyurem though.

Oh and since our friends the legendary dragons are going to be with Pikachu tomorrow. We can hope for their English names right? :)

I'm pretty sure Reshiram and Zekrom ARE their English names. That's what they were announced as on the English site, anyway.

Excuse me while I facepalm at my own stupity.

*facepalm*

I should had known. I didn't know about the whole we keep the japanese names deal. D:

LAUER PRONOUNCED THE NAMES RIGHT FUCK YEAH

2mrekd0.jpg

I CAME PLANETS

EDIT: Here, have some more pictures: (spoilered for being big)

Better quality pic of Reshiram:

2v0yg46.jpg

Closeup of Zekrom:

29m6gzs.jpg

Edited by The Cowing Moo
  • Thumbs Up 3

Awwwwwwwwweeeeeeeessssssooooommmmmmmmeeeeeee!

Those floats are friggin' EPIC! Now, THAT'S what I call "advertising"! :D

That's friggin' AWESOME! They even played the Classic Pokemon Theme! What an awesome touch! :D

As for the Dragons themselves, they look friggin' SWEET! They're extremely detailed for just being in a parade. I'm sure this'll get all the kiddies excited for the new Pokemon!

Edited by chaoscontrol14

And oh, America:

2zsvhjs.jpg

Haha! The actually removed the fur/feathers there.

300px-Reshiram.png

In fairness, he actually looks better wtihout.

• Thumbs Up 1

Jesus. Between that and the Power Rangers, it's like this parade was designed specifically to reduce me to a gooey pile of awkward nostalgia. If there'd been a Beast Wars float for some reason (to complete the childhood holy trinity), I think I'd have regressed into a permanent manchild state.

Edited by Octarine

dscf1031.jpg

Twas nice (also i checked the video from above, much better than what I got =P ) I got 2 other photos, but I'll get them later. 

• 2 weeks later...

As expected, Pokemon International has announced Zoroark's and Zoura's english names, and they didn't change. Claw Sharpen has been changed to Hone Claws and Trickery has been changed to Foul Play.

Also, Zorua is known as the Tricky Fox Pokémon and Zoroark is known as the Illusion Fox Pokémon.

Dammit I wish they'd just tell us the English names of some Pokemon we don't already know the names of.

It was obvious Zorua and Zoroark weren't going to change -_-

Has anyone seen this?

5213691639_9da01d206a_b.jpg

It makes Oshawott's final evolution look a lot cooler. I like him a lot now. If his sprite would have him standing on two feet he'd be awesome. Still, my favorite is Enbuoh.

To the english names: I don't really like the name Snivy. I think his German name (Serpifeu) is kind of cooler, but I like that the English name put's snide in (maybe).

Oshawott's pretty cool.. I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who though Ocelot. Or Snively at Snivy

Tepig's ok. It reminds me of my stupid nickname for Ponyta (Tapony) >_>

Edited by Santa Cello

^ Is that OFFICIAL art? Honestly, looking at that pic of Wotter's (yes I'm forever gonna call em that) final evo, it makes me wonder why they DIDN'T simply make him bipedal. Especially since they were going for the whole samurai motif. It's hard to hole a shell sword when your a quadruped.

^ Is that OFFICIAL art? Honestly, looking at that pic of Wotter's (yes I'm forever gonna call em that) final evo, it makes me wonder why they DIDN'T simply make him bipedal. Especially since they were going for the whole samurai motif. It's hard to hole a shell sword when your a quadruped.

The person who posted it on the forum I found it on said it was official, so I think it is...

Edited by Santa Cello

It was apparently some sort of special promo art given out at Pokémon Centers if I remember correctly. Pretty cool, although it still doesn't do much justice to Ganon Enbuoh. At least it shows that Shoalgun is fucking awesome.

If it is official then it really begs the question of WHY they made Shoalgun a quadruped when he looks so much better as a biped.

If it is official then it really begs the question of WHY they made Shoalgun a quadruped when he looks so much better as a biped.

Same reason Swampert is bipedal yet looks better as a quadruped and because these are opinions.