Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

Pokémon Light and Pokémon Dark as the Western titles for the games because for one thing Nintendo are hypersensitive to the possibility of being sued over something silly like this.

I completely agree. Over here in America, you have a lot of oversensitive morons who think that anything they find offensive is worth suing for to gain some extra bucks. Sue sue sue sue sue sue sue sue is the answer for many Americans. Although it may be that way in other places too, I know it is for sure here.

Plus, it's Nintendo lol

That's probably going to happen. Assuming these games have legendaries based around the concept of good and evil... yeah, the race card would be played like a flush.

Haven'T they used light and dark for Mystery Dungeon? I don'T really think they'd use it again, because it would (not really) confuse people.

Haven'T they used light and dark for Mystery Dungeon? I don'T really think they'd use it again, because it would (not really) confuse people.

I'll be blunt: the spin-off titles aren't popular enough to cause naming clashes with games in the main series.

Besides, the Mystery Dungeon subtitle screams "SPINOFF " at the top of its lungs, I don't think it'll be a problem. I'm sure this announcement made NoA's localisation department crap their pants though, but for entirely different reasons. :P

Suing over being offended is stupid as hell. It shouldn't be anyone's concern that someone's going to be hypersensitive about small things. Bigger more intentional things are a different matter. Anyways. Black and white are still colors. Crayola still uses them in boxes of crayons. Let's sue the color pie.

The first Mystery Dungeon games were Red and Blue. I don't think they mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

I completely agree. Over here in America, you have a lot of oversensitive morons who think that anything they find offensive is worth suing for to gain some extra bucks. Sue sue sue sue sue sue sue sue is the answer for many Americans. Although it may be that way in other places too, I know it is for sure here.

I don't think that the names will change. Black and White is totally fine. Where I think the problem lies is the "3rd" game in the generation. I mean, with black and white... where do you go? Pokemon... Grey? Exciting!(?)

I'll be blunt: the spin-off titles aren't popular enough to cause naming clashes with games in the main series.

Besides, the Mystery Dungeon subtitle screams "SPINOFF " at the top of its lungs, I don't think it'll be a problem. I'm sure this announcement made NoA's localisation department crap their pants though, but for entirely different reasons. tongue.gif

Well, lets say this: A kid tells his parents he wants Pokemon Light,and the parents end up getting him Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of the Light (Or whatever its called). Spin-off or not, they belong to the same series, and shouldn't have the same name. Even if the name isn't exactly the same.

White and Black should be ok. Its not like it would be the first time they've been used to seperate good and evil.

The first Mystery Dungeon games were Red and Blue. I don't think they mind.

But that had like a 2 generation gap.

Edited by MarcelloF

Suing over being offended is stupid as hell. It shouldn't be anyone's concern that someone's going to be hypersensitive about small things. Bigger more intentional things are a different matter. Anyways. Black and white are still colors. Crayola still uses them in boxes of crayons. Let's sue the color pie.

The funny part is, it usually has little to do with the person being offended. It actually has to do with how much money the people they're suing has.

• Thumbs Up 1

Where I think the problem lies is the "3rd" game in the generation. I mean, with black and white... where do you go? Pokemon... Grey?

Pokemon ASH. This would confuse the children with the anime though.

Edited by Pinche Pitochu

Black and White... lols.

If they don't use Grey for the third version... Silver? TIME PARADOX! *boom*

Urghhhh, I hope they don't change the names for the international release, there's no need, didn't Michael Jackson's song Black or White teach anybody anything?

I also hope we don't have Light and Dark legendary Pokemon, that's such a dull cliche. I also hope we don't get a Light type, I'm all for a new type, just not Light...

Also, 4 Directional movement has to stay kplzthnxbbe.

I hope the battles stay sprite based and don't look like Sonic Pokemon Stadium battles.

Has it been confirmed for what console its coming for? DS or 3DS?

Edited by MarcelloF

Saying this now, I can't wait to see the starters. Type-wise, we've had:

Pure grass twice, grass/poison and grass/ground.

Pure fire once, fire/flying once and fire/fighting twice.

Pure water twice, water/ground and water/steel.

It would be really awesome if we got type combos that hadn't already been used a lot, or even at all before, like fire/psychic or water/ghost. So long as the grass, fire, water stays intact. Replacing it with something like electric, water, ground would be lame.

EDIT: @ Marcello, the website says DS. It would be kind of odd to announce a 3DS title before the system is actually shown. Here's hoping they do remain DS, not DSi, games (region lock and all that jazz- I want to import Japanese copies).

Edited by Blue Blood

Aaaah.... this thread is tl;dr. I go to sleep and I miss all this!!

Awesome game names imo.

I think the third version will be called Clear or Light or something...

Also guys, don't you know that the first version of each gen is the one they name first?

You don't say Pokémon Blue & Red versions, you say Pokémon Red & Blue versions

You don't say Pokémon Silver & Gold versions, you say Pokémon Gold & Silver versions

You don't say Pokémon Sapphire & Ruby versions, you say Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire versions

Ruby is the main game of Gen 3. This is reflected by the fact the main protagonist in the manga arc is called Ruby. Yeah, I know Kyogre is earlier in the Pokédex than Groudon, but isn't Lugia earlier in the Pokédex than Ho-Oh?

Hey, Black version is going to be the first DS Pokemon where the cartridge is the same color as the version xD.

Anyway, I hope, but doubt,that Pokemon White has a white cartridge. I missed this by D/P/P...

Anyway, I hope, but doubt,that Pokemon White has a white cartridge. I missed this by D/P/P...

HG and SS have normal coloured carts too. I almost died inside when I saw my silver cart was black. ;_;

I don't get why Nintendo doesn't do this anymore. I always loved that by the Gameboy Pokemon games. :-/

Edited by MarcelloF

I always thought it was something silly like the DS Carts are too small and fiddly to be coloured differently.

With any luck Pokémon White Version will be White coloured... I'd love to see coloured carts return.

Black & White? And me who thought that members were off-topic in discussing that old fancy computer game within that other topic.

A bit primitive names, not to mention contrast between the names, but at the same time they are also somehow cool. Besides, how many things do they have left for Pokémon titles anyway? X3

HG and SS have normal coloured carts too. I almost died inside when I saw my silver cart was black. ;_;

Actually the HG/SS cart is a different colour from the normal DS cards and it also has a different model number on the back (because it's the special model with a built-in IR sensor), but it's not very obvious unless you compare it with another standard DS card side-by-side.

I don't think having matching-colour DS cards is out of the question. If there's anything stopping it from happening it's either that Nintendo aren't interested anymore or they're not able to get the custom plastic dyes for the cards without jacking up the retail price of the game.

Wasn't the original Pokemon in black and white to begin with?

...there's too many Pokemon... D: