Awoo.

Spoiler Thread (Spoiler Tags Please)

Agent York

The player of that level seemed to be rather tilt-happy. I'm sure the level is easily playable if you have a steady hand and don't tilt too much.

Correction, trigger happy. He was playing the 360 version so L and R.

lol I'm just glad that they brought back the Sonic 3 Act Clear theme, which was used in every main series Sonic game since then, but for some reason was finally dropped in Sonic Unleashed.

I think that LLZ act 2 should have been a more conservative stage. The mine cart gimmick is not a very Sonicy thing; Wario, yes, but not Sonic. A series of fast mine shafts ala the pipe network in Chemical Plant would have done me fine, mixed with periodically opening-and-closing doors ala Scrap Brain and maybe a hollow stone sphere you can get in and run in to move to destroy enemies and big walls and stuff. Or something.

I think that LLZ act 2 should have been a more conservative stage. The mine cart gimmick is not a very Sonicy thing; Wario, yes, but not Sonic. A series of fast mine shafts ala the pipe network in Chemical Plant would have done me fine, mixed with periodically opening-and-closing doors ala Scrap Brain and maybe a hollow stone sphere you can get in and run in to move to destroy enemies and big walls and stuff. Or something.

I call it a VERY out-there reference since Sonic technically had a mine cart in a game that came out in 1992, Sonic 2 GameGear. Also on GameGear he rode cart-type things in Sunset Hill in Sonic Triple Trouble. He also rode Mine Carts to get around from place to place in Mystic Ruins.

• Thumbs Up 1

Two side note I just noticed:

Lost Labyrinth Zone Act 1 subtitle name is "Ancient Maze of Mystery"

When Sonic falls into the endless pit in Lost Labyrinth Act 1, there's a splashing effect added besides Sonic just falling off screen. Nice little detail.

..Wait what? I'm confused. These two quotes are from the same post yet they entirely contradict themselves.

The first quote is basically 'I hate this game because it's too much like the classic games' and the next part is 'I hate this game because it's too much like the modern games'. Which is it? I don't get it. Maybe I'm just dumb.

Also, may I suggest a change in signature? The one you have now doesn't really reflect your current sentiments.. Hahaha.

They do seem a little contradictory but what I meant was that the looks of the game, things like the actual levels, the badniks, gimmicks and overall style of each of the four levels feel too much like straight rips from the classics - while I am comparing the gameplay to that of the modern games, as Sonic 4 seems to just slingshot you from one dash panel to the next removing any fun from the game, much like the modern 3D games.

I'll take that suggestion, I guess it's obvious what my initial reactions were and how they've degraded, I am rather lazy though :lol:

Just need to think of something snide or wity, or supporting Nack's return..hmm...

Edited by The-Master-Board

The mine cart gimmick is not a very Sonicy thing; Wario, yes, but not Sonic.
I think it's plenty Sonicy. He's ridden around on biplanes, giant tops, and snowboards, so why's a mine cart out of place?

I kinda wished that they saved the Super Sonic boss for the final episode, because that's what Sonic 3 did. What I mean is, in Sonic 3 "Episode 1", you could still turn into Super Sonic, but the final boss of Launch Base doesn't require you to do so. In Sonic 3 "Episode 2" (aka Sonic & Knuckles), the final boss is required for Sonic to turn Super.

I also hope that they eventually combine all episodes on 1 disc, like how Sonic 3 & Knuckles is a combination of both episodes of Sonic 3.

as Diogenes has said before he has rode loads of stuff before, remember Game Gear/Master System Sonic 2 Underground Zone there were plenty of mine carts in that level so it's very Sonicy to me to have that in Sonic 4

Edited by Creature Of The Night

Do we even know that we are forced into Super Sonic for Egg station? For all we know, it's more like Final Zone, and they ARE saving the Super Sonic battle for the last episode.

I think it's plenty Sonicy. He's ridden around on biplanes, giant tops, and snowboards, so why's a mine cart out of place?

It's a perfectly fine gimmick. It looks absurdly fun, too. You know, if Sky Chase (S2 style) was a new thing in S4, people would rage.

• Thumbs Up 1

as Diogenes has said before he has rode loads of stuff before, remember Game Gear/Master System Sonic 2 Underground Zone there were plenty of mine carts in that level so it's very Sonicy to me to have that in Sonic 4

He had a mine cart that worked the same without tilting in Rush Adventure, it was pretty well done, so I doubt Dimps would FORGET how to do things right.

I wouldn't really have a problem with it at all if it didn't look so flippin' awkward and clumsy...

Sky Chase wasn't so clumsy, but after watching LL2 I'm honestly finding it hard to imagine that entire stage being fun as opposed to being an annoying headache.

I think we should be thankful that LLZ2 has zero death pits. Imagine the frustration! It would be Aladdin's magic carpet stage all over again!

I think we should be thankful that LLZ2 has zero death pits. Imagine the frustration! It would be Aladdin's magic carpet stage all over again!

MY GOD YES.

Actually, the entire GAME seems to lack death pits. Almost any time he did something stupid to make himself fall, he landed on a lower route. Splash Hill Act 1 looks like it has at least 3 smaller routes along the bottom.

Personally, I look forward to LLZ2 as I love the music for that stage and I want to kick alls y'alls asses in time attack. I foresee some pretty wicked runs coming from that.

Personally, I look forward to LLZ2 as I love the music for that stage and I want to kick alls y'alls asses in time attack. I foresee some pretty wicked runs coming from that.

Ohhh yeah i'm looking forward to kicking y'all butts on score attack and time attack mode on it XD but i'm definitely sure that hackers will ruin the leaderboards though on all systems (especially with the Wii:()

MY GOD YES.

Actually, the entire GAME seems to lack death pits. Almost any time he did something stupid to make himself fall, he landed on a lower route. Splash Hill Act 1 looks like it has at least 3 smaller routes along the bottom.

There was a pit in LLZ1. During the longer balancing section. And like, that was it.

Yeah, but that player failed because they couldn't stay on the ball.

Get it? Eh? "On the ball"? lol.

There was a pit in LLZ1. During the longer balancing section. And like, that was it.

He actually Homing Attacked OVER the ball, and over the edge. So if you're not just hammering A when you jump, you might not even notice it.

I will lol so hard if the "new werehog" is going to be just that cart level (maybe the only cart level in the whole game).

I can accept that a lot of people may think the cart is (or will be) annoying as heck, but to put it at the same level as "WERHAWG", "swords", "GUNZ ARE COOL!!1!" and "Loading glitch, please wait"?

Notice that I am just quoting the game gimmicks that ruined the lastest sonic games for a lot of people, wich may not represent my opinion about the aforementioned gimmicks, I loved the werehog, and I never played ShtH nor SatBK, so I actually have no right no make an opinion about this 2 gimmicks in particular...

EDIT: It could also mean that people have very few (or minor) things to complain about this game, wich I think is a good thing. :)

I Also forgot to mention, my post wasn't directed at Micheal Myers at all. :)

Edited by imaDreadfan

I'd take 5 minutes of minor mine cart frustrations over 30 minute werehog levels WITHOUT running playtime clocks. Seriously, keep a clock at hand because you can lose an hour attempting a difficult werehog stage.

The mine car makes me wonder, will each episode have one act which has a motion gimmick?

I'd take 5 minutes of minor mine cart frustrations over 30 minute werehog levels WITHOUT running playtime clocks. Seriously, keep a clock at hand because you can lose an hour attempting a difficult werehog stage.

The mine car makes me wonder, will each episode have one act which has a motion gimmick?

Not quite what I was thinking. SHZ2 has a basic physics puzzle in the way of the vines. Unlike those in AIZ, these ones you have to swing yourself. It seems like every Act 2 will have a gameplay gimmick.

He had a mine cart that worked the same without tilting in Rush Adventure, it was pretty well done, so I doubt Dimps would FORGET how to do things right.

The mine cart stage in Sonic Rush Adventure wasn't some horrid tilting sickness mayhem though. It was more like something out of DKC.