Awoo.

Spoiler Thread (Spoiler Tags Please)

Agent York

I'm pretty sure Burrowbot's color scheme is from some old comic, I KNOW I recall a Burrowbot of that coloring in a comic...

I'm pretty sure Burrowbot's color scheme is from some old comic, I KNOW I recall a Burrowbot of that coloring in a comic...

I swore I saw it in an early archie comic.

Edited by Doctor Eggman

You guys are remembering this old piece of artwork:

Burrobot.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm thinkin the game looks awesome, and after watching that video I am extremely confident the game will rock. Truly takin' Sonic back to his roots, but still keepin it spicy and fresh. Homing attack did not seem to be overused, sonic still has to work to get over some embankments, good enemy placement, shiz looks gooooood.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone have a link to that video? Youtube snatched it off the site before I got the chance to watch it.

Here's the thing about the physics:

the physics in Sonic 1-3&K work for those games. The physics for Sonic 4 are different, yes, but could very well work just as well for Sonic 4 being what it is. It's like ketchup on french fries and salsa on tortilla chips. They're both very different condiments but WORK for their respective setting. I'll bet ketchup (Sonic 3 physics) wouldn't taste too good on tortilla chips (Sonic 4 gameplay).

I'm a little drunk so I hope that analogy works. Drunk Eggman... HO HO- burp!

Have you ever had ketchup on tortilla chips man? That shit is the bomb.

But he does go quite faster than in the Genesis games. However floaty jump is a lot better (he has weight!) so we know that'll be fine.

This game looks fun as hell, hopefully for Episode 2-??? we'll get some original stuff though.

Have you ever had ketchup on tortilla chips man? That shit is the bomb.

But he does go quite faster than in the Genesis games. However floaty jump is a lot better (he has weight!) so we know that'll be fine.

This game looks fun as hell, hopefully for Episode 2-??? we'll get some original stuff though.

I think they fixed the large floaty jumps since the alfa version. (from the new leaked video) So im quite happy with it now. I knew that the engine had to be different, not only because for the new graphics but the speed hes going. Nothing wrong with a different engine I say?

Holy!

Dusk you rock! Downloading them now... hope they're good!

Edit: Jesus Christ! This is coming from the same guy that leaked the OST. Does he have any idea how pissed he's making SEGA? I mean surely this guy could get into A LOT OF TROUBLE.

Edited by II Sora II

Holy!

Dusk you rock! Downloading them now... hope they're good!

XD Their still from Infinity, guess the reason why he didn't reply all day was because he was taking more videos.

...I actually think this is the hugest Sonic leak of all time. I am tempted to watch them all, but want to hold back too.

Though I will say Sonic riding on top of the boulder and the Lost Labyrinth boss were EPIC.

Bloody hell, SEGA need to stop this now :blink:

I am so SPLIT right now, I mean it's one thing for a single video but... Almost half of the game has been posted now. DX I haven't watched it all, I should hold back but I admit I am tempted, especially after seeing some of the epicness of Lost Labyrinth...

No doubt, this is the biggest leak I've ever seen. Infinity really needs to stop. I mean this game is great and all but pleasing a few guys on a forum is nothing compared to the amount of trouble the guy could get into.

No doubt, this is the biggest leak I've ever seen. Infinity really needs to stop. I mean this game is great and all but pleasing a few guys on a forum is nothing compared to the amount of trouble the guy could get into.

I mean, I was kidding elsewhere when I said the whole game is going to be posted before release, but DAMN... At this rate we'll have all the stages up before the days up. I'm split because this looks AWESOME and now has gone for me to a definite first day buy, but I don't know how long I can hold off watching all of this... Also he could get in big trouble, but this whole thing is just over the top. I was thinking the other day before the soundtrack leak how much I want to see the game, but now that I am seeing it I don't want to spoil myself. DX

Edited by Dusk the Biohazard Keeper

So, how long before we get footage of playable Super Sonic?

This... just feels wrong, but I'll watch the videos anyway. Hell, I saw the entire game of Sonic Heroes before it was released, and I still enjoyed it greatly.

The Splash Hill video revealed one of the same problems I have with Sonic Rush and Unleashed; he's far too forward in the field of vision (in the old games Sonic was always in the centre of vision), so you don't get to see what's coming up with much time to react. Also, he can still walk up walls, and by that I mean that he doesn't need to run fast to walk up a vertical wall... which is fucking retarded for a game touted to return to Sonic's momentum-based roots. Oh and he still looked really floaty. Why, Dimps, why?

I know it's out of Alpha stage now, so the hope I have is taking a hit. Hopefully the guy's playing a really early version of the game and these issues have since been sorted out...

Well, I liked the part with the vines in Splash Hill. I also liked Splash Hill's boss, though he didn't look like he stood much of a chance for the first part.

One thing I noticed is that the player is going apeshit with the homing attack and he's going way too fast. He even uses it at the strangest times, like when he's falling and he wants to land on a platform below him.

It's still unclear where this game is in development, my guess is it's the version Endri played and the one from the first leaked gameplay, since that was the one on PartnerNET and that is the only way I can see someone getting the game this early.

After watching the first boss fight, I initially thought the homing attack would break the bosses. However, I've just watched Lost Labyrinths boss, and can say I'm satisfied. Sonic CD style - woo!

I didn't watch all the clips but what I saw was actually better than I thought would be (probably because of the first leak of Splash Hill). I was a bit worried about the floaty physics at first, but now the gameplay looked really good and I'm glad they fixed that problem. Of course I knew they wouldn't leave the physics be like that (yeah, I was a dumbass). One thing I really paid attention to was Sonic's acceleration speed, which looked super fast, maybe a bit too fast to me.

Altogether, I like how the game looks and plays and I'm very excited to play this in summer. The music still disappoints me a bit but I hope it'll grow on me.

Edited by Peter

Just finished watching them all, I tried not to but couldn't resist. I love Sonic's pose at the end of a boss fight and yay for the animal capsule returning. The game looks amazing, couldn't see any gameplay problems the whole way through.

I bet Infinity will leak the other zones, boss fights and all 7 special stages soon :(

Okay so I've watched them all. I'm sure someone will list all the juicy bits but I just want to say that I went from being quite worried, to very satisfied. Probably the best Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2 (loved the Adventure games), and probably better than Rush.

Everything here just takes me back. Not just the reused badniks and such, but the level design. I'm just so happy with everything.

I still want Sonic's acceleration to slow down. If they do that then I'll be smitten.

From what I've seen though, this is what I've been waiting for. Although there's a lot of reused ideas, I'm sure episode 2 and 3 will have something new. If not, then that would be a bummer.

watching the Mine Cart stage felt like watching a little kid screwing up at a video game. I kept yelling "LESS 'RIGHT TRIGGER'!!!" in my head :P

Edited by Doctor Eggman

Oh and I just love Sonic in this game. Everything about him. His animations are just super fluid and wonderful. From his falling animation, to him running on the ball, to his end of level pose, pushing a wall, skidding around, everything. He is so animated and a joy to watch.

Oh god I'm in love with this game.

• Thumbs Up 1