Awoo.

Spoiler Thread (Spoiler Tags Please)

Agent York

I fail to see the issue with pressing X/Y on the 360 controller. It's not out of the way, and it's quite easy to pull off.

Are we all thinking of "out of the way" as a good or bad thing? I think I messed things up with my post. Sorry. Using the not-jump-button to transform is YAY!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I think people have misunderstood. "Out of the way" here is a GOOD thing, It's Out of the way of normal gameplay. You have no reason at all to be pressing the X or Y button in the game EXCEPT to transform. Therefore, you can't bitch about being forced into super mode, unless you have fat fingers, and/or are clumsy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I think people have misunderstood. "Out of the way" here is a GOOD thing, It's Out of the way of normal gameplay. You have no reason at all to be pressing the X or Y button in the game EXCEPT to transform. Therefore, you can't bitch about being forced into super mode, unless you have fat fingers, and/or are clumsy.

Oh. I thought you were complaining. Sorry, most of the time when people say "out of the way" they're talking about being inconvenienced.

My mistake.

Oh sorry, I also misinterpreted the idea. Ya I also like the idea that they placed the Transform buttons in an area that you wont accidentally transform when you don't want to.

Sorry Aquaslash, I too thought you were complaining about the method. My bad.

Oh. I thought you were complaining. Sorry, most of the time when people say "out of the way" they're talking about being inconvenienced.

My mistake.

:|

Oh sorry, I also misinterpreted the idea. Ya I also like the idea that they placed the Transform buttons in an area that you wont accidentally transform when you don't want to.

Sorry Aquaslash, I too thought you were complaining about the method. My bad.

>checks previous posts and see that people have neg repped the hell out of him in their confusion

Clearly, I have to put smilies in every damn post XD

Oh and you all are forgiven =P

Edited by Aquaslash
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Oh and you all are forgiven =P

I've never come across anyone who's meant out of the way positively, in my area I've never met anyone who's used the words without using some annoying whiney tone such as the customers at the Sainsburys supermarket where I work who complain about the top shelf being too out of the way to reach :lol:

Sorry again and I'll keep an open mind to the term in future :)

• 3 weeks later...

Another leaked video of Splash Hill has surfaced on YouTube... and man oh man, is that Spindash overpowered.

All I know is... Sega'd better have a plan for Episode 2. Duct tape or a squad of goons, to keep people from talking about the game.

Another leaked video of Splash Hill has surfaced on YouTube... and man oh man, is that Spindash overpowered.

Just watched it, so you can play any of the zones from the start? :huh:

First Sonic 4 video i've seen without the player spamming the homing attack left right and center in every bit of a zone i'm shocked XDthe music overlaying the game music is just terrible though would liked to hear the menu music abit clearer

Edited by Foxy Boy

Just watched it, so you can play any of the zones from the start? :huh:

From what I understand, you're forced to play through Splash Hill Zone Act 1, but after that you can go anywhere whenever....?

Or, like, since it's a test version, I suppose it'd make sense to make all Zones playable.

Edited by Indigo Dude

From what I understand, you're forced to play through Splash Hill Zone Act 1, but after that you can go anywhere whenever....?

Or, like, since it's a test version, I suppose it'd make sense to make all Zones playable.

I'm sure it's more along the lines of the Sonic 3 menu, where you can only select your level once you've played it/beaten the game. You will very likely have to play through the game in order the first time through.

It's hard to tell from that video as the video cuts away after Splash Hill Act1 and then shows the menu with the 4 zones availabale with no emeralds collected. So it's hard to tell if they're all available due to it being a test version as Indigo Dude said or wether the guys already beaten the game with no emeralds and thus unlocked all stages already.

FFFFFUUUUU. I wanted to see a little bit of Splash Hill. Just missed it again. D:

SEGA's pretty quick at taking down those leaks.

Edited by The Soldier

FFFFFUUUUU. I wanted to see a little bit of Splash Hill. Just missed it again. D:

SEGA's pretty quick at taking down those leaks.

Its still there

just search Sonic 4 Episode 1 Preview

Didn't really know which topic to post this in so I'll post it here.

Sonic 4 PS3 and Xbox 360 will be full 1080p HD according to the games product page at Sony's European PlayStation site and the Xbox.com product pages-

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/games/detail/item273320/SONIC-THE-HEDGEHOG%E2%84%A2-4-Episode-1/

U.S. XBox site -

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/s/sonicthehedgehog4xbla/

Still no info on a release date from them

UK Xbox site -

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/s/sonicthehedgehog4xbla/

U.S. PlayStation site -

http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/games/sonic-the-hedgehog-4-episode-1-ps3.html

or Nintendo -

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/HzlsX88COYTMDJaVQYE3M9Yww89OErL5#overview

U.S. PlayStation site has a new box art :lol:

npub-90381-packfront.jpg

New box art? lol. Looks like a screen cap of the old Japanese website.