Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

Keeley Hawes? The one who voiced Lara Croft during the Legend era of Tomb Raider, and Alex Drake from Ashes to Ashes?

smile.png

Keeley Hawes? The one who voiced Lara Croft during the Legend era of Tomb Raider, and Alex Drake from Ashes to Ashes?

smile.png

The very same! Let's hope her character plays a substantial role rather than just a bit part.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm wondering if we'll get some on-location filming with her tomorrow then, as when Danny was revealed, he shot on-location the following day, same with Peter's costume...

Also, apparently she's introduced in Steve Thompson's episode, which these on-location filming pics from yesterday:

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-8-filming-the-suits-61701.htm

Intrigued to see more.

Ms Delphox reminds me starkly of Matron Cofelia. There's likely to be little resemblance in the show but it makes me a tincy bit excited, considering I loved the direction of Series 4 and how this reminds me of that.

A Doctor Who project on LEGO Cussoo has entered reviewing phase;

lego-doctor-who-GlenBricker-tardis-bad-w

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/lego-doctor-who-up-for-review-61718.htm

No guarantee that it will be made into a LEGO set, but last month the LEGO Cussoo team explicitly said that they would be accepting Doctor Who projects. They were pretty enthusiastic about it too.

LEGO Cussoo is a program that allows people to upload their LEGO designs, and if they reach 10,000 supporters, they will be considered yo become proper LEGO products. So far, there have been many Cussoo products, -including but not limited to- the DeLorean from Back to the Future, the Ecto-1 from Ghostbusters, and several small Minecraft sets.

It would be amazing to see a LEGO TARDIS!

LEGO Doctor Who could run and run if it's popular, given that they get an influx of new material to work with every year.

LEGO Doctor Who could run and run if it's popular, given that they get an influx of new material to work with every year.

Add that to the wealth of material already available from half a century of past series', not to mention the books and an entire Doctor number's life's worth of audio plays.

Obviously Nu Who material will be preferred given the games' likely audience, but even so, there's a lot of money to be made from going further back for material too.

• Thumbs Up 1

They'd use every doctor, for sure, since minifigs are pretty distinctive. And who knows, maybe we'll get Lego Doctor Who: The Video Game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another monster with utterly useless clawed hands (Slitheen, anyone?) that no doubt will be flailed ham-handedly in the Doctor's general direction...

To me, there's something (I think it's the expression on the face) that reminds me of this picture of the Sea Devils:

Chief_Sea_Devil.jpg

To me, there's something (I think it's the expression on the face) that reminds me of this picture of the Sea Devils:

Chief_Sea_Devil.jpg

They weren't very creative with that one looks a giant Turtle or Gamera. I haven't seen the episode in question so I can't comment on its characterization.

So, that new monster...

Sonic Boom Knuckles and a snail had a baby....

Looks weird though...

It kinda reminds me of the Hoix or the Hath in that it's not very distinctive.  Very "generic Doctor Who monster."  Makes me think that maybe it's not the centrepiece of whatever's going on in this episode.

Doctor Who: The Adventures Games are now on Steam

Remember those five free Doctor Who games for the PC that you could download during the time Series 5 was on air? (City of the Daleks, Blood of the Cybermen, TARDIS, Shadows of the Vashta Nerada, The Gunpowder Plot)

Well, you can now download them on Steam! ...for a price.

Arguably the best Doctor Who games to date - though let's face it, that's not saying much - you can now get the complete package, updated with achievements and Steam trading cards, for the low low cost of £14.99. So that's around £3 per game. Which doesn't sound bad, but when you consider you can already download them all for free... unless you're an achievement whore, there's not really much point to this.

Still, the option's there if you want it!

Doctor Who: The Adventures Games are now on Steam

Remember those five free Doctor Who games for the PC that you could download during the time Series 5 was on air? (City of the Daleks, Blood of the Cybermen, TARDIS, Shadows of the Vashta Nerada, The Gunpowder Plot)

Well, you can now download them on Steam! ...for a price.

Arguably the best Doctor Who games to date - though let's face it, that's not saying much - you can now get the complete package, updated with achievements and Steam trading cards, for the low low cost of £14.99. So that's around £3 per game. Which doesn't sound bad, but when you consider you can already download them all for free... unless you're an achievement whore, there's not really much point to this.

Still, the option's there if you want it!

Great for those in the US though if it ever comes over here. Remember, we had to buy those.

So...it's  a slow news day, I see. But since I'm here, I thought...could you point me to some multidoctor adventure? I already watched the various multidoctor episodes, both new and old, but what about comics and audio dramas? I mean, I'll never get just my favourite doctors together in the same episode for various reasons, my favourites being Seventh, Ninth and surprisingly the Second doctor, but there is something charming in seeing the Doctor and his various incarnations talking to each other like it was a normal thing.

That new monster actually looks pretty scary, or menacing at least. Looks kind of steampunk.....wait, wasn't episode 3 meant to see the return of the clockwork robots? Maybe this is a redesign or variant?

So! It's nine years ago today since the episode 'Rose' aired. That's right, nine years since we first saw Nine on our screens, and nine years since Doctor Who made it's return! Here's some new wallpapers for your devices from the BBC to celebrate:

doctor-who-eccleston-wall-a.jpg

doctor-who-rose-wall.jpg

doctor-who-captain-jack-wall.jpg

You can find links to versions for other devices here:

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/celebrate-9-years-since-doctor-whos-revival-62032.htm

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, it's been nine years already! That's... scary D:

It also means that almost a fifth of the show's entire lifespan so far has been taken up by the revived series. Which, when you consider the wealth of stuff from Classic Who, is pretty impressive. Russell T Davies and co. definitely succeeded in bringing Doctor Who back with a bang and it's now once again a firm staple of British television. Long may it stay on our screens!

• Thumbs Up 2