Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

I have the image of some weird patchwork suit but with a sharp, contemporary look. I think they're trying to make Capaldi a Doctor which blends with both older and newer audiences, so who knows. The costume may be the most outlandish one yet. 

It's very dapper. I like it. I see what they said when they said it was going to be a period/contempory twist. I mean, I kinda wish he had a tie, but eh, I think it looks nice.

There's a slighter higher quality version of the photo that's just been uploaded to the Doctor Who Facebook page, just in case anyone wants to see the new threads in a marginally better resolution:

1176385_810531222294240_1619617419_n.png

• Thumbs Up 2

It's very dapper. I like it. I see what they said when they said it was going to be a period/contempory twist. I mean, I kinda wish he had a tie, but eh, I think it looks nice.

I think he does have a tie. Maybe it's just my eyes, but he seems to be wearing a really light colored one.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think he does have a tie. Maybe it's just my eyes, but he seems to be wearing a really light colored one.

I can't tell if it's just where the buttons are or if it's a tie to be honest. My initial thought was that there wasn't a tie, but I see what you mean.

It's surprisingly understated but suits him very well. I notice it's actually somewhat similar to 11's 7B attire which might be why it's so easy to accept this new one.

On a side note, I just so happen to be having fish fingers tonight. It's lovely when things line up like that.

Ah, so I wasn't quite there with the patchwork, but it certainly gives me a Pertwee vibe with a slick, cutting edge re-imagining... for once, the Doctor actually looks stylish! Though I'll miss the quirkiness of Matt's costumes and bowtie, this is certainly not a negative move in any case.

Now THAT costume looks fitting. Seriously, he looks really good! I like the costume the more I look at it, so it'll be nice to see him in motion.

...For some reason my eyes keep going to his shoes. Goodness, are they shiny.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice outfit but I'd like something with a hat. I don't know, maybe it's just me being a fan of the seventh doctor.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am getting MASSIVE Pertwee vibes from his costume. The only drawback I can see is that it's all very black (except for the lovely red lining) and that it may kinda be difficult to notice in dark scenes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree, a hat would go really well with this suit, and it'd be cool to see him wear one consistently. There's always a chance he'll have a hat and they're keeping it as a surprise...?

It surely won't be a fez, though. He'll probably walk right past one in the premiere without giving it a second thought. *sniff*

• Thumbs Up 3

A hat would definitely look rather finishing to his costume. As would a cane, actually.

Just give him a monocle whilst you're at it :lol:

• Thumbs Up 3

"Doctor, we should probably run."

"Mm, yes. Quite." *sips tea and adjusts monocle*

Of course, everyone would expect the cane to be a sonic screwdriver-y device, but as it turns out, it's the monocle!

Dang, I'm going to be disappointed when absolutely none of this happens. >:U

• Thumbs Up 1

So seeing as some people are saying the new costume makes Capaldi look a bit like a magician, does that therefore make Jenna Coleman his glamorous assistant? Oh, the possibilities for eye-catching and memorable outfits there...!

But yeah, Clara's exit will involve a sawing-in-half trick going horribly wrong, calling it now :P

• Thumbs Up 6

So Eleven wore Two's costume and acted clownish and Twelve is similar in appearance to Three.

If 13 doesn't call them a dandy and a clown I will be disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's here! (courtesy of the Doctor Who Twitter page, for anyone wondering)

BfAZ7I9CUAA_8ba.jpg

I like the new costume. The black colours look really good on Capaldi. The ladies will adore him!

Now all he needs is a top hat tongue.png

Here's a pic from Twitter of Pertwee and Capaldi side by side, there's definitely some inspiration there:

BfAeIJOIUAAdJye.jpg

Somehow I can't see Capaldi pulling off martial arts moves though laugh.png

I actually do hope they go down the "magic" route a bit with the new series, as it would fit in nicely with The Doctor's preference for outwitting his foes by using mind games and the powers of persuasion. That and, y'know, a big blue box that's bigger on the inside - this stuff just writes itself! Also I want to see Clara in some sexy new outfits innit

• Thumbs Up 5