Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

images.jpg

The clues have been there from day one.

MOFFAAAAAAAAAAT! *shakes fist in admiration*

Okay, I think it's fair to say my mind has now officially been blown.

• Thumbs Up 1

So going by the 11 is 2, 12 is 3 idea then 13 HAS to be another 4.

I nominate myself tongue.png

Well we already know there's going to be another Four. We saw him at the end of The Day of The Doctor ;)

Older Tom Baker confirmed for the next Doctor!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well we already know there's going to be another Four. We saw him at the end of The Day of The Doctor wink.png

Older Tom Baker confirmed for the next Doctor!

I'd be ok with that! His adventures can consist of going to many different pubs and being hit on by all the old (alien) women!

So seeing as some people are saying the new costume makes Capaldi look a bit like a magician, does that therefore make Jenna Coleman his glamorous assistant?

My first thought wasn't "magician," though.

It was vampire.

Oh wow, this looks fantastic!

Obviously gave me an instant John Pertwee vibe, but recently I rewatched Utopia, The Sound of Drums and Last of the Time Lords from Series 3 and if you're observant enough the Master wears a coat in one scene where he captures the Jones family which has a red lining that's very similar to the one here and that also came to mind when I first saw this.

The%20Sound%20of%20Drums%20(8).jpg

Loving the simplicity with that red lining that just brings it out. Man, I'm hyped for Series 8 already!

Who wants to see the new costume in super duper massive high quality? Then click here!

Zooming in makes it fairly obvious that, yes, he is in fact wearing a ring! Either Capaldi's just stubborn about taking off his wedding ring, or it's a distinguishing feature of his Doctor. Maybe a reference to the fact that he is technically married to River, thereby keeping her memory alive in the show without actually needing to bring her back? I'd be cool with that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know I shouldn't come here to this thread until I've fully caught up with the show, but I do have one question that I would like to have answered. I'm just about to watch Series 7 for the first time, but I do want to know one thing about the events of Series 6. 

When did River remember that she was the one inside the spacesuit? She couldn't have known back in "The Impossible Astronaut" that she her past self was inside the suit. I don't think they even implied that she knew or would know by that point in her timeline. On the other hand, River is very good actor. She knew Amy was her mother back in "The Time of Angels"/"Flesh and Stone", but feigned any knowledge of this fact. I know that Madame Kovarian made mention that River has had her memory suppressed before, so was her memory of that event restored to her at some point. I know The Doctor revealed his plan to her in the aborted timeline. Does that mean that River knew The Doctor would ultimately survive when the event was occurring and then had her memory wiped of the incident? She did reunite with a future version of Amy in "The Wedding of River Song" and told her that she had recently come from their adventure on Alfava Metraxis. River knew everything about the Pandorica and Lake Silencio at this point in her timeline. Did somebody tell her about The Doctor's death at some point? It's implied that Father Octavian knew about her past but neglected to give The Doctor any explicit details. Did he know what really happened? I doubt that, but I don't know. Did River tell Octavian the truth and forbade him from telling The Doctor his own fate before his time? Perhaps I missed a thing or two along the way. 

I didn't mean to ramble like this, but I just want to know if any of this is answered in Series 7? 

Here's a pic from Twitter of Pertwee and Capaldi side by side, there's definitely some inspiration there:

[image]

Fun fact: Pertwee was Capaldi's Doctor. The way his costume harks back to that era in a simple, no nonsense way is quite lovely. Also...

19dv76t5cxixhgif.gif

• Thumbs Up 7

I didn't mean to ramble like this, but I just want to know if any of this is answered in Series 7? 

I don't believe it's ever touched upon in Series 7, and it's certainly not very clear in Series 6 itself as far as I'm concerned. That series was just a bit of a convoluted mess in general if you ask me.

As far as I know, River knew that was her inside the suit - she however couldn't change the event that was about to happen due to it being a fixed point in time. She had likely gone through the entire experience in "The Wedding of River Song" and this version of her knew the Doctor they were conversing with was a tesselecta with the Doctor inside it.

Father Octavian knew about River's crime as this was a further future version of River, after she had "killed" the Doctor in Series 6, and was serving her sentence for it. We see in Series 6 that River breaks out of prison to go to Lake Silencio to partake in the event she knew she had to go along with and ensure it plays out as intended, and that Amy or Rory didn't intervene. 

I hope I answered your question... like its been said, Series 6 was quite the mess of a plot. 

As far as I know, River knew that was her inside the suit - she however couldn't change the event that was about to happen due to it being a fixed point in time. She had likely gone through the entire experience in "The Wedding of River Song" and this version of her knew the Doctor they were conversing with was a tesselecta with the Doctor inside it.

Father Octavian knew about River's crime as this was a further future version of River, after she had "killed" the Doctor in Series 6, and was serving her sentence for it. We see in Series 6 that River breaks out of prison to go to Lake Silencio to partake in the event she knew she had to go along with and ensure it plays out as intended, and that Amy or Rory didn't intervene. 

I hope I answered your question... like its been said, Series 6 was quite the mess of a plot. 

Yes, it does. Thank you! However, there is still one thing about "The Impossible Astronaut" that I can't seem to  shake from my mind. River's reaction to seeing the present version of The Doctor in the diner felt very genuine to me. The part at which River slapped him felt so very spur of the moment. River looks genuinely angry and upset to me. Then again, maybe she's just a very good actor after all. Yes, it's true that she did escape from Stormcage in order to be Utah for his death, but it's so ambiguous to me if she knew she was going to play her part in this charade or if she had no idea from the very start. I can live with it being ambiguous because it does restore River's mystique to have this question unanswered. Like you said, Octavian knew of her crime but not the circumstance surrounding it. I figured that as much, but I don't know why he refused to tell The Doctor what she had done. It's implied that River and Octavian had an arrangement on this issue, but I wanted to know if they ever revealed the contents of their arrangement. 

Filming pictures! And Capaldi's in his own costume!

doctor-who-series-8-filming-capaldi-clar

doctor-who-series-8-filming-capaldi-queedoctor-who-series-8-filming-capaldi-clardoctor-who-series-8-filming-capaldi-clardoctor-who-series-8-filming-capaldi-clardoctor-who-series-8-filming-clara-queen-

Judging by what Clara's wearing, this is early in the series, as it's the same costume as The Time of the Doctor.

Source, and loads more images found here:

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-8-filming-costumed-capaldi-clara-58308.htm

And a video of the filming can be found here! You can't hear them too good, but you can guess their emotions based on their movements:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-watch-peter-capaldi-3069627#

• Thumbs Up 1

I am loving the costume! I don't think any of us could have really predicted it being like this. I also think it looks a lot like Three's suit as well.

doctor-who-series-8-filming-capaldi-clar

Looks like 12 doesn't like to be hugged!

Doctor Who: The Complete Eighth Series is now available to pre-order on DVD and Blu-Ray!

Blimey, talk about jumping the gun a bit. The series hasn't even been filmed yet, let alone broadcast on television! Needless to say there's a long wait ahead if you put your order in now, but if you're absolutely desperate to know you'll be getting your hands on the next box set by the end of the year... well, you can now put your mind at ease!

Guys look at the reviews for the series.

I ordered this DVD next week, and was delighted to find it had arrived by Christmas 2007. Capaldi absolutely nails the role, and Steven Moffat plays an eerily frightening Valeyard, even if the casting choice seems a little dubious. The return of Davros was handled superbly, the series arc was remarkably well-plotted, and the Kandyman's comeback was as terrifically shot as Series 12's "Vengeance of that Seaweed-looking Thing from that episode Pertwee or someone probably did" (a stand-out gem in a series which generally seemed as though they'd just stopped trying). 5/5, would definitely Capaldi again.

I'm crying

• Thumbs Up 5

And it's already 5 star rated? It must be an incredible series, to get that before it's aired!

We all know you can travel in time, stop rating things before they're out :P

• Thumbs Up 2

And it's already 5 star rated? It must be an incredible series, to get that before it's aired!

Well of course, just read these stunning reviews!

3385954b1f88df58cdf07f16ad6e9040.png

EDIT: Semi-ninja'd. 8U

Edited by ElementofChaos
  • Thumbs Up 3

Vote here for Doctor Who (the show, not the character) to appear in the next Captain America movie, out of a choice of ten shows.  Sherlock's presently winning, but Doctor Who can still take it!  Actually, as the vote stands, those are the only two choices that could win.  Gotta be honest, I voted for Father Ted.