Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

What'a odd is that for something to be 'Feature Length' it has to be at least 40 minutes... So that means all a Doctor Who episodes are feature length technically, but most of the time, when the BBC describes an episode as such, it's generally 60 minutes to 75 minutes, like The Eleventh Hour or Day of the Doctor.

But that trailer... Oh man that is teasing.

• Thumbs Up 3

This is the first time I've been really excited for Doctor Who since just before Tennant left. That trailer, while only a teaser, was very interesting, something that other recent teasers never really did for me (with the exception of Day Of The Doctor).

It feels so good to be back on the DW hype train! :,)

New Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=W5mS0FnXrB0

That voice sort of sounds like Series 4 Davros at the start, then when it gets angrier it sounds like a regular Dalek... I wonder which it is.

Loving the look of Capaldi's Doctor, all sorts of cool. I'm looking forward to this series, but I'm still crossing my fingers that this year we'll get a full 13 episode series and not the annoying "let's break up these episodes and wait about 8 months for next couple of episodes to air! 8D"

Because ever since they first started doing that, it has made me considerably less excited about Doctor Who and IMO the previous series was the weakest I've seen in a while. *flame shield* Please BBC, just release the episodes normally this time.

I just hope this series ends up pulling a Series 5, where I enjoy it in spite of really not liking Moffat and his writing. There have been enough good episodes and moments to keep me watching, but I can't really get 100% excited for every episode, y'know?

That teaser is really neat, I have to say.

Looks like they're planning to trash the TARDIS, again. D; Or at least, put her through a lot of damage. Might not necessarily mean a desktop change.

So BBC One just dropped this hint in the comment section of their post on Facebook.

2M7El5B.png

...Davros confirmed?

If this is true... Davros + the Master + Cybermen in one series.

I need a moment.

• Thumbs Up 3

Loving the look of Capaldi's Doctor, all sorts of cool. I'm looking forward to this series, but I'm still crossing my fingers that this year we'll get a full 13 episode series and not the annoying "let's break up these episodes and wait about 8 months for next couple of episodes to air! 8D"

Because ever since they first started doing that, it has made me considerably less excited about Doctor Who and IMO the previous series was the weakest I've seen in a while. *flame shield* Please BBC, just release the episodes normally this time.

You'll be pleased to hear then that Series 8 is confirmed to air in a straight run - no gaps in the middle, just the whole series in one go from start to finish!

The only downside this time around is there's only 12 episodes instead of the usual 13. No idea why. But the series will end at the start of November which leaves only about a month til the Christmas special so... maybe consider that Episode 13, I guess?

The finale is also confirmed to be a two-parter - Episodes 11 (rumoured to be titled "Death From Heaven") and 12, written by Steven Moffat. With "The Gatekeeper of the Neversphere" and an army of Cybermen. I'm so glad we'll get two episodes to properly flesh out the series' climax, the one-part finales from Series 6 and 7 were both horribly underwhelming in my opinion.

But yeah, the new trailer is intriguing... I can't tell if it's Davros or a normal Dalek. Or maybe a Davros/Dalek hybrid. Davlek confirmed?!

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow I never would have thought to see the...

...return of Davros. I can't really remember entirely well, but didn't he die at the end of Journey's End?

...return of Davros. I can't really remember entirely well, but didn't he die at the end of Journey's End?

The bastard cheats death all the time. Didn't he 'die' in every classic story that he appeared in?

Although I'm wondering how he did it this time, considering the crucible got blown to smithereens with him on it.

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Davros is by no means confirmed. It could just be a normal Dalek, or a new sort of Dalek leader with a similarly monotone voice.

But if they do bring Davros back... I dunno... maybe the Daleks that escaped Journey's End (and showed up again in Victory of the Daleks) managed to preserve some of his DNA from the Crucible, which they then use to bring him back to life via the Progenator or the light of the Pandorica's restoration field, or some other utterly contrived plot convenience... frankly, I don't care though. Davros was awesome in Series 4, it'd be great to see him back.

Just no "Books of Saxon" and "potions of life" please. Those get-out clauses were abysmal.

Looking forward to series 8! Only a little over a month!

Please let Capaldi's Doctor tell the voice in that trailer the change he created in The Day of The Doctor. Seeing him hear of more Time Lords will be hysterical. Though it could create Time War 2.

Wasn't there nearly another Time War at the end of The End Of Time? I think a new Time War between the Time Lords and the Daleks would be interesting to see with today's technology, it could make for some really good action scenes and we would probably see the Daleks actually killing again. The last time we saw a Dalek kill someone was in Series 4 I think.

The last thing we need is a renewal of the Time Wars, and the Doctor knows it; hence why he wouldn't let the Time Lords through on Trenzalore. That, and all the innocent who'd die... who died anyway.

The voices:

"I see into your

soul, Doctor. I see beauty, divinity, hatred."

Davros, the Master and a Dalek.

The main villains moving forward, mayhaps?

Psychic Timelord and I were actually talking about the Daleks yesterday. We both agreed that they've just lost any fear factor that they had, and the fact that they haven't killed anyone since the Series 4 finale doesn't help. They've really been unnecessarily toned down and it's really sad because I used to love the Daleks, now when they appear I'm just like "Greeeat. More Daleks". They've just become boring in my opinion, and they don't really serve much purpose besides just being there to chase The Doctor and co around. They were absolutely brilliant in 'Dalek' and the Series 1 finale, as well as Army of Ghosts and Doomsday.

I really wish that they would bring back the relentless hatred that the Daleks are known for, no Dalek parliament, no asylum, no paradigm, and certainly nothing about The Doctor being erased from their memory. Just flat out hatred for anything and everything in there way, no holding back, and just exterminating everything.

Considering how dark Doctor Who became with Moffat, I'm surprised that they became so diluted and ineffectual, but then again, the very same thing happened to the Weeping Angels, and the Silence... I agree that they need to have the fear attached to them again, as do the Angels and Silence. I'm not sure that Moffat retaining show-runner status will see that happen, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh my god, he completely botched the Weeping Angels when he decided that they would become Amy's monster. Blink was an absolutely brilliant episode, and my sister, who isn't even into Doctor Who, loved it. It was so scary and suspenseful, you couldn't really predict what was coming next.

Moffat threw that all out of the window though with The Time Of The Angels, Flesh and Stone, and The Angels Tale Manhattan. While it was pretty cool seeing the Statue of Liberty as an angel, the rest was pretty standard fare IMO.

Oh my god, he completely botched the Weeping Angels when he decided that they would become Amy's monster. Blink was an absolutely brilliant episode, and my sister, who isn't even into Doctor Who, loved it. It was so scary and suspenseful, you couldn't really predict what was coming next.

Moffat threw that all out of the window though with The Time Of The Angels, Flesh and Stone, and The Angels Tale Manhattan. While it was pretty cool seeing the Statue of Liberty as an angel, the rest was pretty standard fare IMO.

I disagree with Time of Angels and Flesh and Stone. Those two episodes were fantastic and really showed us another perspective to the Weeping Angels.

After that they should have not been used again because there's only so much you can do with them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess they were okay in TotA and FaS but they certainly weren't as good as they were in Blink in my opinion. Reason being, I just didn't find them as scary in that episode as I did in Blink. They were pretty good episodes but they weren't really the Angels at their best and most frightening.

A warning and plea to all Doctor Who fans has been issued by the BBC as complete scripts for several episodes have been leaked:

The BBC have pleaded with Doctor Who fans not to spoil Series 8 after complete scripts for the first five eight episodes leaked online.

A BBC statement said: “BBC Worldwide is currently investigating a security issue around Series 8 where unfinished material has inadvertently been made public. We deeply regret this and apologise to all the show’s fans, the BBC and the cast and crew who have worked tirelessly making the series.

“We would like to make a plea to anyone who might have any of this material and spoilers associated with it not to share it with a wider audience so that everyone can enjoy the show as it should be seen when it launches. We know only too well that fans are the best in the world and we thank them for their help with this and their continued loyalty.”

In light of this, Doctor Who TV is temporarily removing public commenting while we consider the best course of action for the site to ensure it remains spoiler-free until launch.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/bbc-plea-with-fans-after-series-8-script-leaks-64314.htm

So, yeah. Just be careful when you're traversing the web between now and launch.

I'm sure that this isn't the first time this has happened. I think it happened with Series 6 or 7 , though I can't be sure. I'm not going to spoil myself, because I want to be surprised. That's one thing I love about Doctor Who, the element of surprise it sometimes adds.

"We would like to make a plea to anyone who might have any of this material and spoilers associated with it not to share it with a wider audience"

oh er

um

sorry BBC I kinda already downloaded the PDFs and shared around

sorry BBC I'm kinda reading Ep 1 already

sorry BBC I'm kinda uninterested in Season 8 already

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm no moderator but I'd really appreciate it if nobody shared the links to any of the scripts. I don't wanna be tempted and nor do I wanna be spoiled :/

• Thumbs Up 5