Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

Where were you when I needed you 8 years ago, LEGO Doctor Who?

Seriously, if this passes, I may have to look into getting some if they turn out well. Could have some potentially awesome things, look at things they could do, just by seeing how far they pushed into Star Wars, with the R2-D2 and the Death Star, perhaps a TARDIS or Dalek (probably not life size, though...) could be made, which would be awesome.

Could Doctor Who LEGO be on the way...?

With the recent success of The LEGO Movie and the huge following Doctor Who now has, this would be a no-brainer. Fingers crossed it eventually becomes a reality!

Holy crap, yes. I've seen some awesome LEGO customs of the Doctors, I'd love to see what official ones would look like. Also, a LEGO Doctor Who game  would definitely be something awesome.

Hell, if this goes through, then I'll be praying for a Doctor to appear in the next LEGO movie. I just know David Tennant or Matt Smith would end up making a cameo if this came true. :P

Holy crap, yes. I've seen some awesome LEGO customs of the Doctors, I'd love to see what official ones would look like. Also, a LEGO Doctor Who game  would definitely be something awesome.

Hell, if this goes through, then I'll be praying for a Doctor to appear in the next LEGO movie. I just know David Tennant or Matt Smith would end up making a cameo if this came true. tongue.png

Ooh that's true, a LEGO Doctor Who game would have a lot of potential - it'd certainly have a good chance of being the best Doctor Who game to date, even if it did just stick the basic LEGO gameplay formula. There's lots of Doctors and monsters and companions to have as playable characters, so yeah, it could work!

And oh boy a cameo in The LEGO Movie 2 would be great. Maybe even make a joke out of it - have one of the iconic Doctors pop up (like Tom Baker, David Tennant or Matt Smith) and have him offer to quite literally change his face to better suit Emmet's preferences or something (i.e. he goes delving in a cupboard in the TARDIS or something and swaps his head a number of times, each with a different Doctor's face). Actually, thinking about it... the whole concept of regeneration lends itself quite nicely to LEGO! One character dies, pop off his face, stick on a new one, voila, new Doctor!

I really need to stop getting so invested in these ideas, just in case they never happen laugh.png

EDIT: Just found this image on Google, now I want it to happen even more

maxresdefault.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Filming spoilers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YghMsDFLawE

So, the Doctor drops Clara off at a restaurant, which she enters just after Danny Pink, so maybe they're meeting up there, even perhaps for a date? So there may be a romantic plot after all...

Also this:

series-8-filming-spacesuit.jpg

It appears the orange spacesuit returns, and if you look in the window of the shop just behind the double, you can see what appears to be a TARDIS (though it's a bit blurry

Writer news!

So writers for Episodes 4 and 5 have been confirmed in Doctor Who Magazine. We have Steven Moffat behind episode 4, and Steven Thompson (writer of Curse of the Black Spot, Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS) behind episode 5.

Interesting. It appears we're getting more Moffat episodes this series, much like Series 5. Must be the new Doctor and wanting to handle characterisation carefully. As for Thompson, while Curse of the Black Spot was a borefest for me, I did like JTTCOTT, so I'm intrigued my what he'll write up this time.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-8-episode-4-5-writers-confirmed-61498.htm

Yeah I'm not surprised by having more Moffat episodes this series - there's always a lot of character work that needs to be done following a regeneration, and it's best left to the head writer (at least for "bigger" episodes... I hope this doesn't turn out to be another The Beast Below). As for Thompson... Black Spot was rather forgettable, and Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS was alright but had a lot of wasted potential, so I'm not too excited for his episode based on his prior Doctor Who pedigree - but then again, he has written some excellent episodes of Sherlock, so you never know. It might be something special after all!

Speaking of "big" episodes though, do we think we might see a return of two-parters this series? For the finale at least? Or has it already been confirmed that they're sticking to the single episode structure of Series 7, whether it be "a blockbuster a week" or otherwise?

I'd like to see two-part episodes return, maybe even some three-parters, because a few of the stories over the past couple of series' have really felt... I dunno, cut short, not expanded upon nearly enough (The Cyberiad and Dalek Asylum episodes in particular), and as such things have felt rather rushed.

I don't think that at present there's any evidence of two-parters returning.  I think all the episodes we know of are one-parters.

So, according to this article, Sylvester McCoy may have just revealed a major returning character for Series 8.

Of course, he may have just been messing around, but it does fit in with some of the other recent developments in the series following The Day of The Doctor...

There have been rumours flying around about that character for a while, and a lot of people seem to think it's a good idea.  I, for one, agree.

I don't think that at present there's any evidence of two-parters returning.  I think all the episodes we know of are one-parters.

I don't like that, because it just means we'll get more wasted opportunities and rushed stories.

• Thumbs Up 3

Is it just me or does almost every episode of Doctor Who feel rushed nowadays ever since Steven Moffat took over? Like dayum he tends to introduce all these characters who I don't give two shits about for the entirety of the episode (a good example is those two annoying kids from last year's Cyberman episode) and then poof they're gone in the next episode. What's the point? I seriously hope he slows down a bit more with Capaldi's Doctor, because the show just feels too fast paced.

Hell, I actually care more about Amy, Donna and fecking Rose than I do Clara!

• Thumbs Up 1

Clara makes for okay window dressing, but I don't give a toss about her. I don't feel like there has been any meaningful character development there at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

Comments from Jenna Coleman and others have implied that Clara will be getting a lot more character development this season.  There seems to be a tacit acknowledgement that she was more of a plot device than a character last season - probably partly because Moffat changed her from Victorian-era Clara to contemporary Clara during the planning process (when he came up with the Impossible Girl plot device, maybe), so everyone had to rewrite their episodes.

I also would like to see two-parters back.  Varying the pace and having extended episodes with increased tension makes the series a lot more interesting.  Though, with that said, I don't mind at all the rapid-fire shuffle of ideas in many of Moffat's episodes; I like how they imply a wider context without dwelling on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's another thing that bugs me - all the companions (nowadays anyway - can't comment on the pre-Ecclestone companions) seem to be from the here and now, rather than any of the other times or places the Doctor frequents.

How about a companion from the 1920s, the Medieval era, classical antiquity or anywhere in the future? I want to see a companion from another era in time step out into our own and be in as much amazement as Donna was in Pompeii.

It woulda been nice to see a companion from a different world or timezone, but companions from our time are kinda like the audience's vessel to discover with, which I why they're afraid to move away from that I think. The sense that you can relate to a companion in the crazy, other worldly situations they are put through is the human element to this show they can't lose.

I think this is why the two-companion approach works best - just look at Eccleston's series alone, Adam came from America in the near future, Captain Jack comes from millennia in the future and possibly another planet.  Plenty of room for variety.  ...And then every added companion since then has just come from contemporary London, contributing nothing to background diversity.  At least Donna and Wilf weren't the same old twentysomethings - probably part of the reason why people liked them and Series 4 so much.

It's really annoying that, in Clara, we so nearly got a non-contemporary companion, and then - nope.  Oh well, at least it shows Moffat kind of has the will... maybe... a bit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does she control fire with a twig and have psychic powers? /pokemon

Yes. She also evolved from Ms. Braixen, who previously evolved from Ms. Fennekin ;)

Anyway, this character looks very interesting indeed. Apparently she's meant to be a "banker" of sorts, so... maybe she's somehow involved with the intergalactic stock market or something? :lol:

Whatever the case, Keeley Hawes is a fabulous actress and I'm sure she'll bring brilliance to the character. Can't wait to see her going head to head with Mr Capaldi!