Awoo.

Official Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Websites

Indigo Rush

Just in case anyone's wondering...

Hi guys,

Actually, to clarify - this poll did not influence this week's update. (We're fast, but not that fast!) So, whichever topic wins will still be getting additional info released first in the future.

One more day of voting!

...from RubyEclipse. :)

Edited by Sinister Swiss

anyone else love the squash and stretch that comes with Sonic's running animation?

Makes it more visually distinct and clever than the classic run.

Heh, I got the curse some of you had weeks ago, the site updated and nothing is appearing. Wait till they sort it out. -3-

Edited by Dusk the Biohazard Keeper

This ain't a big deal but have you guys noticed about Sonc's running animation across the webpage, his feet has more of an oval look like from Sonic Advance opposed to his more circular running animations in the genesis games? Anyway, I love the new background and the Splash Hill Zone theme.

Edit: Ninja posted by Razorsaw

Edited by S0NIC Toadstool

Speaking of Advance 1, take a look at the the top left screenshot, then look at this:

sa_790screen001.jpg

inb4 omg s0nic for s ad@nc3 on3 omg

Edited by Black Spy

Can I just say I love the new screens? Time for me to state observations, each mark is a different screen:

-It seems Sonic makes sparks when either running really fast or maybe running over loops.

-In the second screen I believe Sonic is running down from a loop which is why he's running down the wall. Also see here two alternate paths, a lower path to the left and a higher path to the right.

-Like the Buzzer, this is the Sonic 2-ish area. Actually... It's kinda' amusing how Splash Hill Zone starts off with the start of Sonic 1 with the platform with the Ring Box on it and the Motobug, then immediately afterward the Sonic platform with the spring and Buzzer from Sonic 2's beginning.

-I can imagine homing attack over bridges with Choppers, though looking here I think maybe Sonic will have his rotating in the air animation after he home attacks (as seen in Heroes kinda', and Sonic 3 with some launching animations), I can actually see him after a home attack falling pretty quickly if he doesn't chain.

-Classic Star Post swing when hit, see shield again and it looks nice, and now we know thanks to the website the clouds move in the stage.

-LOVE the vine mechanic, it's not new but is something interesting to add to the stage. Kinda' reminds me of the swinging things from Angel Island, but that's not a bad thing.

-The cave area makes me think of Sonic CD. OOOHHH, I think this is a Homing attack trap, when you get a Item Box you bounce a little, right? So if he home attacks that quickly, shouldn't that make him bounce off the TV and then hit the spike? Clever...

-I think him closing his eyes there is a nice touch when launching off the springs. It's more realistic and is a tiny nice detail.

Edited by Dusk the Biohazard Keeper

Whoo, big update! :D

The new backround on the site makes it look MUCH better. It makes it feel a lot less lifeless.

The Splash Hill music sounds pretty great. At first I didn't like the idea of using 16-bit, and to be honest, I would still have rather them go with higher quality. But I gotten used to it and really like this new track.

The new screens look sweet and have gotten me even more pumped for this game. July can't come soon enough. :)

Splash Hill sounds like I imagined it. It's kinda plain, but I like it. It'll grow on me in time. I don't really like Mushroom or Emerald Hill's music too much either. I'm hoping there'll be one really iconic track this game, and they don't just play everything safe. But I love the screens. This one with Sonic running down a wall into a spring... that's the kind of speed sabotage gimmick that's been in both good and bad games. I like it. And these swinging vines! They're not new are they? But they're a nice platforming gimmick. This game is feeling more like Sonic 4 to me in the past few weeks. They should've made one of these back on the Saturn. :P

-I think him closing his eyes there is a nice touch when launching off the springs. It's more realistic and is a tiny nice detail.

Right? There's a lot of life in his action animations, like his homing rebounds. The ones from the boss fights had him flipping backwards with his hands out.

Edited by Cupcake Hedgehog

Heh, I got the curse some of you had weeks ago, the site updated and nothing is appearing. Wait till they sort it out. -3-

Clear your cache and delete cookies, then try it it.

I'm loving the SH music so much more(than this) now that I can hear it clearly and not off a grainy leaked video. I agree with Doc Egg, It sounds like a 32X/Chaotix style rendition of a genesis theme which is great to me, Chaotix is one of my favorite and most underrated Sonic OST's.

Nice observations! I didn't make the connection of Sonic 2 Act 1's intro.

About the spring launch, perhaps Sonic blinks? :blink:

2u6z4vb.png

No idea where SEGA is planning to use this, but I thought it was amusing.

anyone else love the squash and stretch that comes with Sonic's running animation?

Makes it more visually distinct and clever than the classic run.

Im just glad they including the spinning of the legs animation. People were worried they weren't going to put it in the game. So im happy to see it. Doesn't bother me if it looks like the Advance or Gens really.

^ I'm really glad to see the spinning feet go up to his waist. It bothered me so much that it was knee-level in Sonic Advance. It was so awkward for me.

^ I'm really glad to see the spinning feet go up to his waist. It bothered me so much that it was knee-level in Sonic Advance. It was so awkward for me.

Urgh. I could never quite put my finger on what was wrong, since I didn't play it a whole lot, but that was exactly it. It looked like he was riding a tiny Segway or something; eww.

Anyway, very nice music, very nice screenshots. I'm eager to see those delicious waterfalls in motion.

If you ask me, this is the way the site should have been when it opened. >_>

Still, it's nice they finally had a substantial update. Hope the rest of the updates are like this (probably won't be).

The music is cool, but I'm mainly drawn to the screens. This game is quite the looker.

If you ask me, this is the way the site should have been when it opened. >_>

Still, it's nice they finally had a substantial update. Hope the rest of the updates are like this (probably won't be).

The music is cool, but I'm mainly drawn to the screens. This game is quite the looker.

It does look great. Hopefully people don't complain about the graphics. (tho I know people will cause it doesn't look like the gens) But im hopefully going to enjoy this game either way. B)

• Thumbs Up 1

Enjoy your lens flare on everything :V

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 6

The "lens flare" critisism is over blown. Yes, there is a shine on a few edges of hills, but nothing to the point of OMFG LENS FLARE

Find me a screen shot where this occurs:

boutons-lens-flare.jpg

It does look great. Hopefully people don't complain about the graphics. (tho I know people will cause it doesn't look like the gens) But im hopefully going to enjoy this game either way. B)

They will...or already have. But will some more. With the "pre-rendered" and "not like Genesis" and whatnot.

I'm done caring though. I think the game's a beaut, so yeah.

Heh, that part is my one complaint. Of course, it will most likely be unnoticeable in motion, so it's not a big concern.

Ooops...!!! forgot to tell my impressions

Everything looks so freaking awesome.I'm even confident in the HA though i hate the lock on thing.Generally i only hate 2 things in these updates the Lock-on Target Thing and that the spikes and speed boosters look like cardboard

SEGAAAAA!!!! I want an improvement in that in the final release!

And i love the running animation for those wondering if this like the advanced one i say noooo!! their influence was never in the advance games i say it was in the sonic 2 beta you know how fast that Beta was i think they were influenced by that and come to think of it the spinny legs look like in Sonic 2 Beta without the blue thing in the middle of course

Final Verdict:Awesome Job Sega really am liking sonic 4 so far hopefully those details i din't like get tweaked and polished then it'd be perfect

• Thumbs Up 2

I really like the running animation; the way Sonic only slightly leans forward and his arms are bent out in front of him, instead of held out behind him like in the other modern games.

Find me a screen shot where this occurs:

boutons-lens-flare.jpg

This game is filled with lens flare effects everywhere you look, as shown by this completely unedited screenshot.

98856620100203790screen.jpg

gaem sux bro

• Thumbs Up 3

Lens Flare? Don't you mean Specular Highlights? Just for comparison:

An example of severe Lens Flare on a CCTV camera:

CCTV_Lens_flare.jpg

Specular Highlights on two different coloured polygonal 3D spheres:

Specular_highlight.jpg

And now, ladies and gentlemen, a screenshot of Sonic Adventure DX where both aforementioned graphical effects occur simultaneously (NOTE: the specular highlights are powered by a rendering technique called Gouraud Shading):

SADX_Graphical_Effects_Example_by_Extaticus.jpg

I hope that's cleared up any misunderstandings!

• Thumbs Up 3

Lens Flare? Don't you mean Specular Highlights?

Perhaps I do, though there is a bit of both. It's everywhere though, on the waterfalls, on the trees, in random places on the ground, on the springs.

It's like someone took the dodge tool and kept mashing it everywhere to ridiculous effect.