Awoo.

Sonic 4's Soundtrack(s)

eXtaticus

Both of those were written by Brad Buxer, I.E. the guy Jackson was paying to write his music for him at the time. Do you really think singing a song is the same as writing one? Really? Are you really that uneducated about how music works? Are you really that stupid as to ignore what people, including what Brad, and Quincy Jones actually say about how the writing process goes for writing a lot of michael's hits? You really must be retarded. (Even Quincy, the guy who produced and worked with Michael on Thriller(widely regarded as his best album) stated that on the songs Michael is credited with, he would call him up and hum a melody he though up for a song, and Quincy would transcribe the melody, write the chord progression, arrangement, hire musicians and then teach Michael how to sing the final project. I mean are you really that stupid as to think that because someone's name is on the album that they had much of a hand in actually making it at ALL!?

Don't argue with a fucking music buff. You've already proven your retardation to me. I hope I never see anything you type again.

Wow. All I wanted was an explanation (although I did say it rather harshly). No need to go spouting rabid comments at me, calling me retarded because I didn't know where you were coming from. :rolleyes:

Is hostility all this fanbase has come to now? Oh yeah, and too bad. I post somewhat often =P

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow. All I wanted was an explanation (although I did say it rather harshly). No need to go spouting rabid comments at me, calling me retarded because I didn't know where you were coming from. :rolleyes:

Is hostility all this fanbase has come to now?

No this hostility is coming from someone who has been forced to study music every day for the past five or so years and isn't even halfway done with college at the moment because of the degree I want, and someone you've just offended.

Sure MJ was a good singer, no a great singer, a legendary singer, doesn't mean he can really write and it doesn't mean he had as big of a hand in creating the music he is mostly known for, or even Sonic 3. And just saying this whole "The melody is the heart of a song" crap is BS. Improvising over chord changes has been a huge staple of music over the years. If you know what you're doing, or monkey around with the notes from the chord long enough, you'll get something catchy eventually. You disagree? Oh well than I'm sure Eddy Van Helen's solo over bad was completely written by MJ, too. Has nothing to do with knowledge of scales, chord progressions or anything like that.

Oh yeah, and too bad. I post somewhat often =P

I'll be sure to never take you seriously then.

No this hostility is coming from someone who has been forced to study music every day for the past five or so years and isn't even halfway done with college at the moment because of the degree I want, and someone you've just offended.

I'm sorry I offended you then. I didn't mean to; I was actually trying to speak in a somewhat joking manner. =P

Sure MJ was a good singer, no a great singer, a legendary singer, doesn't mean he can really write and it doesn't mean he had as big of a hand in creating the music he is mostly known for, or even Sonic 3. And just saying this whole "The melody is the heart of a song" crap is BS. Improvising over chord changes has been a huge staple of music over the years. If you know what you're doing, or monkey around with the notes from the chord long enough, you'll get something catchy eventually. You disagree? Oh well than I'm sure Eddy Van Helen's solo over bad was completely written by MJ, too. Has nothing to do with knowledge of scales, chord progressions or anything like that.

I didn't know these things that well until you brought it up. I admitted I was wrong, and I accept that. But still, you don't have to continue jumping down my throat about it. And I never mentioned "melody is the heart of a song", or anything for that matter. I only said one sentence. XP

I'll be sure to never take you seriously then.

Whatever you say.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry I offended you then. I didn't mean to; I was actually trying to speak in a somewhat joking manner. =P

I didn't know these things that well until you brought it up. I admitted I was wrong, and I accept that. But still, you don't have to continue jumping down my throat about it. A. I only said one sentence. XP

Then I will too apologize for being as harsh as I was, but MJ and pop stars in general are some of my berserk buttons for the reasons I mentioned.

and I never mentioned "melody is the heart of a song", or anything for that matter

That was what I expected you to shoot back when I mentioned MJ humming the melody and his producer / songwriter transposing / writing around that for the songs he is credited with. I wanted to nip it in the bud before you even mentioned it.

... ._.

Can we not personally attack each other? I only just made that mistake yesterday.

• Thumbs Up 1

... ._.

Can we not personally attack each other? I only just made that mistake yesterday.

Yes, indeed. B.O.T then!

Music... yeah! Woo! Really, I would like to see some Richard Jacques and Howard Drossin make a sweet return. It would be glorious. :3~~~~~

I've made it no secret on other boards that I do not like the title screen music shared. So to prove that I think the music they posted sounds like absolute shit, I present to you how the Sonic 4 title music should sound:

BAM!

Seriously, this is not that difficult! And this sounds way catchier. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Both of those were written by Brad Buxer, I.E. the guy Jackson was paying to write all his music for him at the time. Do you really think singing a song is the same as writing one? Really? Are you really that uneducated about how music works? Are you really that stupid as to ignore what people, including what Brad, and Quincy Jones actually say about how the writing process goes for writing a lot of michael's hits? You really must be retarded. (Even Quincy, the guy who produced and worked with Michael on Thriller(widely regarded as his best album) stated that on the songs Michael is credited with, he would call him up and hum a melody he though up for a song, and Quincy would transcribe the melody, write the chord progression, arrangement, hire musicians and then teach Michael how to sing the final project. I mean are you really that stupid as to think that because someone's name is on the album that they had much of a hand in actually making it at ALL!? Do you even have any idea how the pop music business has worked over the past forty some years?

Don't argue with a fucking music buff. You've already proven your retardation to me. I hope I never see anything you type again.

Wow. Instantly resorting to personal attacks over an incredibly common misconception because you've taken practical classes about the topic in question is totally an appropriate way to debate something.

Oh, I forgot about Richard Jacques.

Give us the Sonic 3D soundtrack again please but, yeah, new songs for new levels. That soundtrack is for lack of a better word, flawless.

• Thumbs Up 1

Go to hell. Michael couldn't composed music to save his life. Theres a reason he hires personal song writers to do it for him.

What are you talking about? He's the one that comes up with the melody, composition, rhythm & vocal arrangement. Just look at the bad album. He wrote and composed nearly all those songs. Of course there's going to be other song writers, that's part of the creative process of every album. Michael said he'd push some of his musicians to innovate with sounds. If Michael didn't like it, he'd make them redo it over and over until it was perfect.

Oh well than I'm sure Eddy Van Helen's solo over bad was completely written by MJ, too.
Eddy van Helen never worked on Bad. Edited by lounge
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just hope they don't go 16-bit-ish with the soundtrack.

It just wouldn't fit with the HD graphics. = 3=;

Jun Senoue again would do just fine.

I've made it no secret on other boards that I do not like the title screen music shared. So to prove that I think the music they posted sounds like absolute shit, I present to you how the Sonic 4 title music should sound:

BAM!

Can't you, like, sell this to them? At first I liked the title music, but then after seeing the graphics, it really doesn't fit the game style. However, yours does :)

*EPIC LINK*

WOAH! That fixes the only problem I had with the title screen (tries to sound like a Genesis and somewhat fails at doing it).

Great Job! :D

it lacks some part of the Sonic 4 theme though, did you delete them intentionally or it was just an issue of being just a "quick fix"?

Edited by imarafan

Sonic 1 had Dreams Come True.

Sonic 3 had Michael Jackson.

In going with this pattern, there is only one true composer for sonic 4

t7lduu.jpg

RAH RAH AH AH AH

And Michael Jackson was very involved with his own music. Yes, there are other people that work on his songs, but he still had very heavy involvement. Unlike most pop stars like Brittany Spears. She doesn't have anything to do with her songs at all!

Honestly, the Sonic 4 theme is exactly the style I wanted for this game. It uses those old Genesis drum samples to help give the feel of a classic Sonic game. And it really works! For me at least.

Edited by Dr. SEGA Monkey

What are you talking about? He's the one that comes up with the melody, composition, rhythm & vocal arrangement. Just look at the bad album. He wrote and composed nearly all those songs. Of course there's going to be other song writers, that's part of the creative process of every album. Michael said he'd push some of his musicians to innovate with sounds. If Michael didn't like it, he'd make them redo it over and over until it was perfect.

I'm going to take Quincy's word over yours for when he says whenever MJ composed he would call him up in the middle of the night, hum something to him, and he would transcribe the melody, and write out everything else.

Eddy van Helen never worked on Bad.

Beat It. My bad. : P

Wow. Instantly resorting to personal attacks over an incredibly common misconception because you've taken practical classes about the topic in question is totally an appropriate way to debate something.

I'm not debating anything. Its fact. Edited by Mort

Okay... I know you guys tried to resolve this nonsensical argument on your own, but I'll emphasize to not resort to childish insults like calling the other person retarded, and boasting that you know more, etc. I'll let it slide since it's done and over with but I will not tolerate it if I see posts like what you made again, Mort.

Now no more word about the fight, just carry on with the topic.

*Carries on* Honestly, I'd love to see them take inspiration from the Sonic CD soundtrack, both US and EUR/JAP. It was always perfect in my opinion from the upbeatness of Palmtree panic, to the epicness that was metallic madness(EUR/JAP).

I also loved quarts quadrant's tune in the game, it had to be my favorite actually.

I really don't understand why anybody would want Michael Jackson-style music in Sonic 4; there was a perfectly good reason why one of his albums was called "Bad".

• Thumbs Up 1

Check out this rock remix of Sonic 4's theme:

Rock remix:

I can't wait to hear more of the soundtrack. I already love the theme. (I found myself humming it yesterday, so it's obviously a success.) It's perfect for a Sonic 4 theme since it's so short.

Sonic 1 had Dreams Come True.

Sonic 3 had Michael Jackson.

In going with this pattern, there is only one true composer for sonic 4

t7lduu.jpg

RAH RAH AH AH AH

I was actually going to suggest this myself...

Except I was being deadly serious.

Honestly, I DON'T WANT some in-house SEGA musicians to produce this games soundtrack.

Jun Senoue and Tomoyo Ohtani have been all dried up of musical talent for a while now, Richard Jacques is good, but again, we're too used to his style now.

I'm craving for someone different and why not get GaGa to do it? Yeah she probably has NO music creating talents besides songwriting but she sure as shit knows what sounds good, have you HEARD how fucking good Papparazzi is? As well as Just Dance, Poker Face, LoveGame, Starstruck, The Fame, Beautiful Dirty Rich, Bad Romance, Alejandro, Monster, Dance in the Dark, Telephone and So Happy I Could Die, the list goes on and shes only made 2 albums!

Honestly, make her music director for this game SEGA, I'm bored of in-house musicians.

EDIT:

THAT IS WOW

I am absolutely fascinated by how rapidly fans are dissecting, studying and playing with such an incredibly small amount of official game material.

There are already two great title theme remixes for under twenty seconds of music without there even being an official title screen yet.

It's that kind of stuff (amidst all the yelling and complaining and finger pointing and wild flailing) that makes me remember why I wanted to stop lurking and join the fan community in the first place.

So after listening to the title screen music a couple of more times, it's starting to grow on me and it's actually a pretty nice tune. I want to hear more of the game's music.