Awoo.

Sonic 4's Soundtrack(s)

eXtaticus

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jjLo5jTn-IQ - it sounds really funky, I think it'd sound great in Sonic 4.

Wow! That is amazing!

It would be pretty awesome if SEGA used fanmade music/remixes in the game. It may be to late now, but for the future, like they did with the Badnik artwork, but with music instead.

Edited by Michael Myers

I'd like em to do something very melodic like the original games, but DEFINATELY use live instruments (or at least modern sounding synths).

Though to be honest I wouldn't care if the soundtrack sounded just as modern as the rest of the current games. Hell, I loved that Secret Rings had lyrical in-level songs.

It has that retro feel to it that reminds me of the Classic games, while adding features like the guitar and drums that keep it in the modern era. This song has always reminded me of Sonic, old and new.

That was pretty awesome, I wouldn't mind something like that either.

I'd like to see the game's soundtrack sound in general like the old chiptunes, but with modern technology making it sound a more up-to-date to go with the updated visuals, if that makes any sense at all.
Kinda like SA2's green hill zone in a way?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj3B4EcCkfo&feature=related

I feel something like this would work well with Sonic 4.

It has that retro feel to it that reminds me of the Classic games, while adding features like the guitar and drums that keep it in the modern era. This song has always reminded me of Sonic, old and new.

Wow. Talk about blending old and new, I actually think this would work really well.

I'm probably in the minority, but I would absolutely love a soundtrack that was in the style of Sonic CD's USA soundtrack.

Maybe acid jazz, deep house (like that'll ever happen), or maybe a more modern taste of the Sonic CD US music.

Music that'll leave a dreamy impression.

I wanna hear music pretty much in

style for a good chunk of the game, though maybe with a more classic-sounding drum beat, based on the game's intro. Kinda like New Super Mario Bros, but not quite as old-fashioned. Granted, by 'this style', I don't mean I want all songs to be jazzy, I want the sound track to be varied; I mean quality and how the songs are composed.

Though, I'm a sucker for big epic and orchestral tracks, so maybe a few tracks, like the last one, could be epic like this bad boy.

Edited by EXshad

Sonic Adventure style. Specifically Sonic Adventure.

Why am I saying this? Well I personally thought that

had a good transition from 16-bit to a more modern sounding track

While I know it's not going to be remixes. It exemplifies my point. It still has that 16bit feel while being electronic synth. While I'm not saying EVERY track should be like this, it brings up a good point, they can make tracks that fit the old style of music, then theme it (A more tropical ambiance with a slight 16bit feel though it for a tropical zone, a zone with chimes and perhaps violins for an ice theme etc.)

Sonic 1 had Dreams Come True.

Sonic 3 had Michael Jackson.

In going with this pattern, there is only one true composer for sonic 4

t7lduu.jpg

RAH RAH AH AH AH

I wanna hear music pretty much in

style for a good chunk of the game, though maybe with a more classic-sounding drum beat, based on the game's intro. Kinda like New Super Mario Bros, but not quite as old-fashioned. Granted, by 'this style', I don't mean I want all songs to be jazzy, I want the sound track to be varied; I mean quality and how the songs are composed..

Ehh... I always imagined Hill Top Zone sounding all harmonica like instead of jazzy.

Something akin to

only better sounding: Edited by Bandit Keith

I'd love to hear music like in the demo videos of Sonic X-Treme, what I heard from the JP Sonic 4 site is alright, but it isn't the best and it isn't really all that catchy. Stuff like this is great, and is a most prevelent evolution from the 16-bit music to something slightly higher in audio quality, yet isn't a blaring guitar solo like most Sonic game soundtracks are these days. They sound nice and modern but wouldn't be obscene in a classic Sonic game, which is what this game is all about.

Ehh... I always imagined Hill Top Zone sounding all harmonica like instead of jazzy.

Something akin to

only better sounding:

AAAGGGHHH MY EARS.

Although I agree with the harmonica bit.

My poor... poor ears.

Sonic 3 had Michael Jackson.

Go to hell. Michael couldn't composed music to save his life. Theres a reason he hires personal song writers to do it for him.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Go to hell. Michael couldn't composed music to save his life. Theres a reason he hires personal song writers to do it for him.

Bah, crotch grabs and high-pitched squeals are all you need, I say! >:I

Edited by Indigo Dude

Lady Gaga rules though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would also like to see a mix between 16-bit/Modern stuff you hear now. Although, I wouldn't mind another 16-bit Soundtrack.

Something like this I'm hoping for...

and

<----preferably, since it's fast paced and has those semi-lyrics no one can really understand XD

then there's this, which is a good mix of 16-bit and modern stuff that we see today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYXEtI0xc2A <-- I actually think this would had made a good theme for Sonic 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP9qWLUWxT8&feature=related <-- Old 16-bit drum-like sounds we all like to hear.

<--- perfect of the Mario coin sfx was replaced with a Sonic ring sfx Edited by Lunar

I'd like something crazy, nonsensical and Japanese, with a jumpy tune and a flawless blend of synths, guitars, and orchestral instruments.

Something like this.

<----preferably, since it's fast paced and has those semi-lyrics no one can really understand XD

If they have a futuristic city level, then they definitely need music like this :blink:

You're kidding, right? I'm gonna take this as a joke.

Both of those were written by Brad Buxer, I.E. the guy Jackson was paying to write all his music for him at the time. Do you really think singing a song is the same as writing one? Really? Are you really that uneducated about how music works? Are you really that stupid as to ignore what people, including what Brad, and Quincy Jones actually say about how the writing process goes for writing a lot of michael's hits? You really must be retarded. (Even Quincy, the guy who produced and worked with Michael on Thriller(widely regarded as his best album) stated that on the songs Michael is credited with, he would call him up and hum a melody he though up for a song, and Quincy would transcribe the melody, write the chord progression, arrangement, hire musicians and then teach Michael how to sing the final project. I mean are you really that stupid as to think that because someone's name is on the album that they had much of a hand in actually making it at ALL!? Do you even have any idea how the pop music business has worked over the past forty some years?

Don't argue with a fucking music buff. You've already proven your retardation to me. I hope I never see anything you type again.

Edited by Mort
  • Thumbs Up 4