Awoo.

Sonic 4's Soundtrack(s)

eXtaticus

Just incase noone has copies of this yet, I amplified the volume of the music samples we heard in the leak..

Main Menu Music: http://www.4shared.com/file/223732077/a85714f1/Menu_Music.html

Splash Hill Act 1 Music: http://www.4shared.com/file/223732235/21b164b7/Splash_Hill_Zone_Act_1_Music.html

Aha, thanks.

I like both of those songs a lot, especially Splash Hill's music. It sort of reminds me of Bridge Zone; it's just very happy and bouncy. They're both quite a bit better than the rather underwhelming title theme, although I guess that's par for the course, since I didn't like Sonic 3 or Sonic & Knuckles' title themes much either.

I wasn't certain about this musical direction before, but I'm fairly convinced that it's going to work now. It genuinely feels like the classics, and that's something that no game after S3&K ever really managed to achieve. I just wonder if we're going to get a remix for each act...

C'mon, now. Bring on the boss music!

That music is excellent, and pretty much exactly what I wanted.

Though I really hope we get an epic final boss theme. Kinda like in New Super Mario Bros Wii, when you have a

traditional NES fight with Bowser, but in a surprise twist he returns as an epically huge monstrosity.

Maybe something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFK5aM9XGu4, for the classic fans!

Edited by EXshad

• 3 weeks later...

I want Crush 40 to do the credits. There I said it.

I also want at least one Remixed (read: enhanced) version of an older track in each episode. Something like Angel Island's SSBB mix. The rest of the tracks ought to be originals.

Of course what I want and what I expect are different.

I want Crush 40 to do the credits. There I said it.

I also want at least one Remixed (read: enhanced) version of an older track in each episode. Something like Angel Island's SSBB mix. The rest of the tracks ought to be originals.

Of course what I want and what I expect are different.

Oh please, no. Nothing like SSBBs Angel Island music (like guitars and rocks music whatnot) because that's as far away form the style of music in the classic titles as you can get. What they have already is lovely.

Edited by Blue Blood

level music and shiz

I was watching this yesterday with the leaked footage up and thought it was a pretty good song. Then I unpaused the footage and heard the same song. I didn't think it was real. So yeah, I really like. Something about the sounds used reminds me of Wing Fortress - it's not something you hear in opening Sonic levels, but it works. By the way, the guy who did this vid also did the Sonic Blast mashups.

I'm loving the fanmade version of Splash Hill! Can't wait to hear the cleaned up official version :D

Reminds me of Lemmings music... which is good. The loop is a bit awkward, though.

EDIT: Was referring to the fan rendition, didn't realize the official one was out. The loop sounds slightly more natural in the official version but it's hard to tell.

I just want better quality drum samples. My freakin Sonic 1 VGZ FILES sound better than that crap. >_>

Oh god oh what jesus what???

I hate the music in Sonic Rush and everything it stands for with theburning passion of a thousand suns. But THAT sounds awesome! Why oh why did the not only scrap that song, but that style of music as well?

Whatever the soundtrack will be like, this following track needs to do a come back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u23kaCfomRA

I agree with that nomination, however I really would much rather they erred on the side of the Blazing Lore of the Eastern Dusk Remix rather than the original piece. God I want the MP3 of that track... if it exists. Stupid lack of easy-to-find MIDI-MP3 converters. :angry:

Just incase noone has copies of this yet, I amplified the volume of the music samples we heard in the leak..

Main Menu Music: http://www.4shared.com/file/223732077/a85714f1/Menu_Music.html

Splash Hill Act 1 Music: http://www.4shared.com/file/223732235/21b164b7/Splash_Hill_Zone_Act_1_Music.html

The Menu music is lacking in desire, but the Splash hill is pretty cool.

The more I see on this game the higher my excitement level goes. I'm just hoping this doesn't turn into a disappointment.

For the sake of getting us pumped...

I'm really all for a remix of the Sonic 1-2 theme. I mean, if Sonic should have any musical theme that's prominent in every game, it's that one. Even if it's just the invincibility theme.

For the sake of getting us pumped...

I'm really all for a remix of the Sonic 1-2 theme. I mean, if Sonic should have any musical theme that's prominent in every game, it's that one. Even if it's just the invincibility theme.

That is a awesome remix there Indigo but... this is gonna scare the crap out of you when you spend little too much underwater on Sonic 4

That reminds me, there'd BETTER be a version of the drowning song in there (if LLZ has water that is) =P

I shouldn't have to hope they don't screw up things like that either but well, you know...

The drowning music is the only piece to have remained since the classic days, Sonic 1 even. Unleashed even managed to replace the Sonic 3 act clear music. Somehow I doubt the drowning music will be forgotten.

That is a awesome remix there Indigo but... this is gonna scare the crap out of you when you spend little too much underwater on Sonic 4

... I think my sperm cells just froze...

The drowning music is the only piece to have remained since the classic days, Sonic 1 even. Unleashed even managed to replace the Sonic 3 act clear music.

The drowning music isn't the only piece of music/jingle still around, the old Chaos Emerald jingle still appears as the one-up jingle for most games post-Sonic Adventure.

Rush Adventure. I was actually shocked when I didn't hear the ol' Chaos Emerald jingle.

Edited by Blue Blood