Awoo.

Sonic Classic Collection

Indigo Rush

But it's not really updated, just more correct. The original versions were of course running on MD hardware and some of the samples couldn't be handled perfectly. In this version, the music is stored separately and not emulated, so we can hear it in it's perfect goodness. Most of the time you won't see a difference.

Well, slightly improved then.

in the blue sphere special stages, although Sonic goes faster and faster, the music doesn't speed up at all.

Seriously?

And I REALLY don't know what they were thinking when they put Sonic 3's mini boss music in S3&K. I guess to give it more relation to Sonic 3, but why do that then make the title have less relation to the original game itself?

Edited by Black Spy

Well, slightly improved then.

Agreed. That "Come on!" sample in the boss music sounds way better now.

If some people want some footage, I can try and record some via "other means" if you catch my drift >> << >>

That is if you need some.

If some people want some footage, I can try and record some via "other means" if you catch my drift >> << >>

That is if you need some.

Thanks. I'd love some vids of any part of the games and can repay you by "any means" if you catch my drift.

Thanks. I'd love some vids of any part of the games and can repay you by "any means" if you catch my drift.

You know you need to upgrade when your PC can only run the game at around 80% speed. Guess you'll need to find another :<

I could record some footage if need be. My PC can run the game at 100%, though recording would probably slow it to a crawl. I'll manage, though.

It shows Mushroom Hill, Angel Island and the first S3 special stage. You can see some of the lag that happens which seems very minimal and the S3 special stage hiccups. But really, this game is good!

Yay, they've got the original save system in Sonic 3 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles :D

Very confused about the miniboss music, I thought it'd be to do with saving space, but they have the Sonic & Knuckles invincibility tune in S3&K... so I don't know why they wouldn't have the miniboss music from S&K too. :/

I'll be buying it on the way back from classes today, so I'll probably have some impressions by the end of the day.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

It's looking good, you know it's nowhere near Sonic Genesis-level when the worst thing people can say is about a minor music change or two. Looks like I'll be getting it.

Am I going mad or is the main menu music from Samba De Amigo? If not it seems awfully close. Not complaining though, it's still catchy.

Am I going mad or is the main menu music from Samba De Amigo? If not it seems awfully close. Not complaining though, it's still catchy.

I bought it. It's pretty damn solid. Sonic 3 chugs a bit noticeably in Angel Island Zone, but that's my only issue so far. Halfway through Sonic 2 and 3.

I bought it. It's pretty damn solid. Sonic 3 chugs a bit noticeably in Angel Island Zone, but that's my only issue so far. Halfway through Sonic 2 and 3.

I've heard that AIZ chugs more than elsewhere in the Collection, but apparently the rest of the game is pretty much fine. Aside from the S3K special stages, which are apparently rather screwy.

So is this basically the same games I played to death years ago? And then years later when they were released on a collection? And then... again... on another collection?

To tell the truth, I shan't be getting this unless I'm desperate for classic sonic on the go, and if I am, I have a portable Mega Drive thing that has S&K on it.

I don't know loads about this game, I've kind of passed it over due to the above. Is there any extra content or anything? Cause there damn well should be if SEGA want me to buy the same games for the eighth time now.

Well Speedknux, you should be glad to know that this particular collection comes with an art gallery. Cause like, they've never done that before. Reason I'm so excited is because I never bought any of the other collections except SMC+ cause it was £2.99 (and it doesn't work properly). That said, I do was SGC.

I've heard that AIZ chugs more than elsewhere in the Collection, but apparently the rest of the game is pretty much fine. Aside from the S3K special stages, which are apparently rather screwy.

They can tard out a bit. The floor can get a bit jittery and one time the music didn't play.

Bought it today, Besides a few little chugs here and there, I would recommend this for anyone who wants to play Sonic on the go.. and who doesn't want that? B)

What a teeny weeny review! I don't think it really sucks though, because there is very little to say. The summary is mostly good:

3.0 Presentation

No love for Sonic here. You get four games in a slapped together interface.

First of all, the presentation certainly did look to be absolute balls in the video. So what if they have the art section, it's a smaller version of what already exists in other collections. There's not even new music for the menu. 3.0 sounds... generous.

6.5 Graphics

The visuals take a hit thanks to the Nintendo DS system's lesser resolution

Graphics clearly aren't perfect, but squashing them isn't much of a problem. It's just flickering and the S3K special stages that have me worried. 6.5 is maybe is little low. I'd go for 7.0

8.0 Sound

Sounds great, with the same Sonic soundtrack that we all love and hate. Mostly love.

Yup, fine. Some missing channels and other oddities. Like, ring loss sounds strange and speed shoes also hit the pitch of the music. Yeah, 8.0 is fine and dandy,

7.5 Gameplay

Sonic was a great game back in the day but it's hard to turn a blind eye to its issues in this day and age. Blind spikes and hazards still piss me off.

Blind spikes and hazards? Say what? The gameplay of the Collection should be looked at differently to the gameplay of the originals I think. How well is it handled on the DS rather than how good the game is.

8.0 Lasting Appeal

Four games from start to finish? That's hours!

It's enough for £18! 8.0? Sure.

My opinions, considering I've yet to try the game, are in italics.

Edited by Blue Blood

Wow....Thats sad. Shittiest.Review.EVER!

You can't spell "Ignorant" without IGN.

Fanboyism much? I mean, it's just a decent compilation thrown together to make a quick buck, and as they accurately sum up:

there's no "whiz bang" production here, just a static "select game" menu with only the basics of legacy material like character art.

With the DS, they could've done SO much more to enhance the games, or at the very least, done a graphic update with remastered music. And with a system as powerful as the DS, you'd think they'd be able to run the games to utter perfection with NO slow down whatsoever.

Sure it's a decent compilation, but we've seen it done a dozen times over, and then some.

Anybody who's bought Mega Collection or the XBLA ports have no reason to buy this, hell, the XBLA ports have MORE gameplay enhancements with actual online races and leaderboards.

Honestly, I was greatly disappointed with this game, hell, the ability to play through all the games as any character combo like S3&K with added Sonic/Knuckles, Tails/Sonic and Tails/Knuckles would've been enough to make it worth a purchase.

Edited by Black Spy

The only problem I have with the review is how short it was. Although, if this complation is really as empty as the reviewer says it was, then I guess I can uderstand how the reviewer couldn't make it any longer. And 7/10 isn't really a bad score.

The one thing I'm wondering about though is: what ever happened to the videos? They're mentioned in that rating thing and on the offical SEGA site, but the review doesn't mention them (it says that there's only illistrations) and everyone I've seen who has the game says they're not there.

The only problem I have with the review is how short it was. Although, if this complation is really as empty as the reviewer says it was, then I guess I can uderstand how the reviewer couldn't make it any longer. And 7/10 isn't really a bad score.

The one thing I'm wondering about though is: what ever happened to the videos? They're mentioned in that rating thing and on the offical SEGA site, but the review doesn't mention them (it says that there's only illistrations) and everyone I've seen who has the game says they're not there.

No idea- they disappeared. History of Sonic and some Chronicles advert they were. They were rated by the BBFC (British) and so far the game has only seen it's American release. I doubt they'll wind up in the European version though.