Awoo.

Sonic Classic Collection

Indigo Rush

All 3 videos in one place, tthanks to Shadz. Just gonna point out that in the S&K video the player says that the DSiXL will amend the sqaushed screen errors. That's incorrect because despite having larger screens they still only support 256x192 (whereas the MD/Genesis had 320x240). The left an right of the screens in this game have been cut off and the remaining image is squashed vertically.

I still don't get why they couldn't just alter the resolution to keep it from looking squashed, Nintendo did it with their SNES ports on GBA. But whatever, it appears to run smoothly at least.

It does seem a little weird that they can't make it look and play perfectly with today's technology...ah well, looks like they did a good enough job. I'll be grabbing this when it's available. :D

So, does anyone here have this game yet? Apparently it shipped yesterday, but when I stopped by GameStop to pick up a copy, he said they didn't have it, and neither did any of the stores in the area. Just wondering, I'm not super-excited for this or anything. I already know exactly what to expect, but it'll be nice having classic Sonic on the go, especially while I'm at work.

First, some people on Amazon have made reviews. Looking good so far.

And second, Gamespot seems to be getting a video up, so we might get a review tommorow.

I just got the game tonight, and lemme tell ya, it's a thousand times better than genesis, everything runs smoothly. Though the graphics are squashed a little. Also, on the title screen, the music from "sonic world" in sonic jam plays. :) I'll have more info as I play the game.

Also, on the title screen, the music from "sonic world" in sonic jam plays. :)

Awesome, another nice bit of nostalgia thrown in there. :D

Any extra features in the game like Mega Collection's comics/videos? I know they won't be that much but...anything?

Awesome, another nice bit of nostalgia thrown in there. :D

Any extra features in the game like Mega Collection's comics/videos? I know they won't be that much but...anything?

Here's all the contents of the game that the BBFC listed on the games announcement -

n/a SONIC CLASSIC COLLECTION

n/a SONIC THE HEDGEHOG (GAME)

n/a SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 (GAME)

n/a SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 3 (GAME)

n/a SONIC & KNUCKLES (GAME)

n/a KNUCKLES IN SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 (GAME)

n/a KNUCKLES IN SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 3 (GAME)

00:00:45:00 SONIC CHRONICLES - THE DARK BROTHERHOOD (VIDEO)

00:03:05:00 THE HISTORY OF SONIC (VIDEO)

n/a SONIC ART (IMAGE GALLERY)

00:05:15:00 SONIC CLASSIC COLLECTION CREDITS

n/a GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.nsf/0/E071FC27BAFA43468025766B0043334A?OpenDocument

So there are some extras but not much really, I'm interested in the history video but I doubt the art gallery will have anything we havent seen before.

While the games, art, and credits are in there, I can't find the videos anywhere. I wonder if they are even in the game.

Hahaha! Listen to this. The first is from Sonic 3 and the second is from SCC. Some of the sound is actually better quality, I'm think because the music is in separate files and not being emulated. On the other hand, getting Speed Shoes now increases the pitch of the music instead of just speeding it up.

Edited by Blue Blood

A friend let me play a bit of Sonic 1 on his iPhone today and, while I found the controls to be pretty horrendous (I only had like 5 minutes on it and am not used to touch-screen d-pads!), it got me in the mood for some more classic Sonic action... this game can't come soon enough!

Just a week left until it hits the UK...! :D

...this game can't come soon enough!

Just a week left until it hits the UK...! :D

A week too damn long. >_<

I'm not even sure why I'm so excited to play the same games all over again for the millionth time. :lol:

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one so excited about the game. Sonic 1 through K on another system shouldn't be so EEEEEEEEEEEE worthy, but it really is. Alas that I have to wait so long for the game though. The Aussie release is the same as the UK one, but of course it has to travel so far. And even then my DSi was sent to Nintendo yesterday so unless I can use my Dad's Lite then I'll have no way to play it.

After watching those vids, my faith was restored quite significantly. I just pre-ordered the game at a lovely price from Amazon. Bring on next week!

Also looking forward to hearing more impressions from US players.

Impressions! The game is a blast. I tend to love portable games more than their console versions, so that was an even greater plus for me. The slight (very slight) differences between Classic Collection and the original games is not even enough to turn anyone away. It's a must have game for any class Sonic fan. I absolutely love this game!

One thing that surprises me is how little press or hype this is getting I mean, Sega advertised Sonic Genesis like crazy for months before it came out, but this game has been completely ignored.

Sega advertised Sonic Genesis like crazy for months before it came out, but this game has been completely ignored.

Really? The fact that Sonic Genesis was never released outside of the US and the GameFAQs board for it was virtually empty tells me that SEGA didn't put that much effort at all into selling it....

One thing that surprises me is how little press or hype this is getting I mean, Sega advertised Sonic Genesis like crazy for months before it came out, but this game has been completely ignored.

I know; and this only made it hurt more when we found out that it SUCKED...

I IMPORTED mine from the states. I was ENRAGED.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really? The fact that Sonic Genesis was never released outside of the US and the GameFAQs board for it was virtually empty tells me that SEGA didn't put that much effort at all into selling it....

I saw magazine ads for it as early as July of 2006.

Edited by Tornado

I know; and this only made it hurt more when we found out that it SUCKED...

I IMPORTED mine from the states. I was ENRAGED.

So did I.... D: Well actually my dad (lives in the US) gave it to me for free, and I'd heard it was bad, but I was still pretty goddamn enraged.

I saw magazine ads for it as early as July of 2006 for it.

Whaaa? But it took them like a week to port it!!

It shows Mushroom Hill, Angel Island and the first S3 special stage. You can see some of the lag that happens which seems very minimal and the S3 special stage hiccups. But really, this game is good!

The only thing to really be worth looking forward to is the updated music.

Speaking of which, they changed the speed up effect to play the song at a higher pitch rather than higher speed..... doesn't seem to work.

Also, Sonic 3 & Knuckles HAS been changed to Knuckles in Sonic 3 hasn't it.......

SEGA, FAIL!

Edited by Black Spy

The only thing to really be worth looking forward to is the updated music.

But it's not really updated, just more correct. The original versions were of course running on MD hardware and some of the samples couldn't be handled perfectly. In this version, the music is stored separately and not emulated, so we can hear it in it's perfect goodness. Most of the time you won't hear a difference. They didn't change the Speed Up music either. MD hardware allowed for it it be sped up but the pitch kept the same. Due to laziness, that wasn't properly emulated.

Edited by Blue Blood

Another thing I've noticed, as far as changes go, are some minor audio changes. For example, in Sonic 2, 3, and K, whenever you get a speed-shoe power up, the music doesn't speed up, but instead changes to a higher key, same goes for the, blue sphere special stages, as Sonic goes faster and faster, the music slowly changes key. One more thing, at the end of levels when the scores are being tallied, I think different "beeps" are used just before the "Ka-ching!" but those are just minor things though.

That's all I have for now, but everything else is pretty much perfect, definitely worth picking up.

Edited by Ferno