Awoo.

Your latest collection additions...

Nemain

Hopefully it won't be an issue in the UK. It doesn't really get that hot or humid here. Still, thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure I don't put it over a radiator or anything. D:

It's very much Jazwares' fault if they make products that prone to distort under normal conditions.

My new Sonic rubber keychain. It goes pretty well with my blue Sega lanyard, and I might buy the second Sonic one with the other pose.

img1537u.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

28529709.jpg

Show a little bit lately.

Most recently, our reporter of Sonic Scene. Visited TJP, publish pictures here:

75961861.th.png37425617.th.png28049343.th.png

91097020.th.png36171141.th.png59567957.th.png

14262319.th.png58651680.th.png

After visiting TJP, he got mana stuff and sent to me. (in Vorkuta)

That's what I got:

x_46b8759e.jpg

x_da7e236d.jpg

x_fffbfb2a.jpgx_5707b1f8.jpg

x_e78c6249.jpgx_8f5232fe.jpg

Edited by Woun
  • Thumbs Up 3

So yesterday, I was looking for a physical store that'd carry the Sonic Advance games, as Gamestop doesn't carry GBA games any more around here. While looking in the store, I found that they had some really old stuff, and I even found Sonic the Hedgehog 1's Genesis cartridge (no case) for six dollars, along with a bunch of other boxed Genesis games. Bunch of other oldies there too. The best part is that it's only about a five minute drive.

Is this a new plush? Or an old one wit a slightly altered tag?

Old one. I own this fella but my little guy's tag is on his crotch not his side. It's an old plush but with a relocated tag.

I've been hearing there were convincing bootlegs of these Joypolis plushes, hence the item location says "Hong Kong".

DSCF1339.png

So that's not technically a new collection addition... I've had it for years. But if you look at it really close you might notice there's something written on it... which wasn't there until today.

DSCF1340.png

Mark Millar's better known for stuff like Wanted, Kick-Ass, and his work for Marvel Comics... but at one point he done a couple of strips for STC, including some very early Sonic strips and Streets of Rage. So when I found out he was appearing at a festival in town I decided to see if I could get him to sign something for me and took this along... STC #7. Which featured his first SoR strip.

So after the talk was over, a few other people went over with stuff for him to sign... and I got the issue out of my bag so I wouldn't have to fumble around once it was my turn.

Just as I took it out he happened to glance towards me, and immediately goes "OH MY GOD! Is that Sonic the Hedgehog?" and motioned for me to hand the issue over before he started actually reading it. He was in total awe that someone had brought an STC along for him to sign and said I was the first person who'd ever done so, and then he told me that the work he done on the comic actually paid for his wedding. XD And after he'd flicked through it he happily signed it for me and told me again how amazed he was that someone had actually brought that along.

So yeah. First person to ask Mark Millar to sign a Sonic comic. Woo! tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 9

Speaking about Sonic the Comic, it just occurred to me that I got something vaguely related to it but I forgot to show it off. This isn't a recent collection addition but it is a very loved one I've had for about two years I think;

IMG_2071.png

Not the best quality photo but if you look hard enough, you'll see that this is a drawing by Nigel Kitching drawn for me. It says "To Verte. Nigel Kitching"

How I got it?

Well, nearly two years ago, the one and only thoroughly awesome Hogfather came to Birmingham's Millenium Point to visit some kind of comic-themed event I believe and me and him met up. And he presented me with this X3. He got Nigel Kitching of STC fame to draw it for me. I was smitten with it and I still greatly value it.

In terms of other recent collection additions, I got one of those Sonic-shaped tins filled with those Chaos Emerald-shaped sour sweets. The sweets are icky but the tin is pretty cool.

• Thumbs Up 2

Speaking about Sonic the Comic, it just occurred to me that I got something vaguely related to it but I forgot to show it off. This isn't a recent collection addition but it is a very loved one I've had for about two years I think;

IMG_2071.png

Not the best quality photo but if you look hard enough, you'll see that this is a drawing by Nigel Kitching drawn for me. It says "To Verte. Nigel Kitching"

How I got it?

Well, nearly two years ago, the one and only thoroughly awesome Hogfather came to Birmingham's Millenium Point to visit some kind of comic-themed event I believe and me and him met up. And he presented me with this X3. He got Nigel Kitching of STC fame to draw it for me. I was smitten with it and I still greatly value it.

lol! I still remember that epic day!

For those who don't know, for every SOS someone I know has wanted to come but something has happened which meant thye couldn't make it or what-have-you. So when Verte posts literally the day before SOS that she wasn't able to make it down, everybody was struggling to find her a lift there, however that couldn't happen... so I took it upon myself to get Mr Kitching to draw the Sonic you see there and didn't tell her I'd done it until the monday after SOS.

I still remember the conversation I had with him. Went something like 'I was wondering if you could draw something for my friend who couldn't make it?' To which he says 'well who does she like...?' and I said 'I have absolutely no idea....' We both laughed and he said 'Sonic is a safe bet.'

And thus the sketch was born!

Anyway, afterwards I was a bit hesitant to mail it... due to it getting damaged or lost. So I said I'd keep hold of it for a while until we could sort something out.

So I kept it for a few months and then in September I was going to go see Nigel Dobbyn at a comic convention in Birmingham and thought 'Oh yeah! Verte lives there' so we agreed to meet up.

• Thumbs Up 3

...that just reminded me that I have a whole bunch of original sketches from various STC conventions back in the day from most of the main STC artists.

The bad part? I have no bloody clue where I've left them. mellow.png

Clearly you're not fit to look after them. When you find them, you should send them to your old pal Lucky for safekeeping. tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Got some new stuff through the past couple weeks.

My nearby Hot Topic stores hasn't gotten any new Sonic stuff lately until they finally have these Sonic energy drinks.

DSCN0296.jpg

Then I got the Classic Amy plush made by PMS I believe. (According to the back of the tag.)

DSCN0294.jpg

And finally, the 10th anniversary pin. The 20th pin isn't new since I own it around mid-December, but I decided to include it in.

DSCN0299.jpg

I have a couple items to show, but I'm currently waiting for the others to arrive.

Didn't post a pic when I first got this. I assembled it once to see how it looked, and since then it's been away in the cupboard with all my other F4F statues. Not got the space for them right now. But it really is bloody awesome. Lovely sculpt. One thing that isn't so hot though is his mouth. Anyone with the Joypolis statue or 10inch Jazwares figure will vouch for how weird his mouth looks. It's like they're being so true to the original source they'll carry over any flaws.

stat20th.png

Also it looks like there's a little white chip on the base. That's just scrap of paper or styrofoam that got into the pic.

Edited by LABYRINTHH
  • Thumbs Up 2

This is my lack of recent additions post. Since the 20th anniversary ended (well, merch-wise anyway, to me it ends when the 21st anniversary starts) I haven't picked up a single thing.

I was really hoping I'd have that dang History of Sonic book by now. :P

I totally forgot about that book. Is it even out yet? ohmy.png

Check the book topic in this forum, not good news. :(

Got some new stuff through the past couple weeks.

My nearby Hot Topic stores hasn't gotten any new Sonic stuff lately until they finally have these Sonic energy drinks.

DSCN0296.jpg

For an energy drink, it's actually not too bad. Kind of like a fruit punch flavor with a little bit of that "energy drink bitterness."

I've got 4 of those... since October 2010, havn't drunk any, but from what I've heard, they're like a strawberry ice lolly.

Picked up the "jumping Sonic" Gacha dangler today at Target, can't wait to hang it on the blue VMU I'm expecting in the mail this week!