Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

8 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

Anyone think we might get a recreation of the scene where Eggman electrocutes Knuckles from S3&K?

Possible.

Also, they post these.:

• Thumbs Up 2

51 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Possible.

Also, they post these.:

Ah, so snowboarding is this week's theme!  It would be interesting to see what kind of artwork will come out of this!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just to remind you all that the movie will be part of this event.

Also, there are some pictures of some McDonalds toys for the movie that will probably be releasing next month.:

Sonic had collaborated with Mcdonald's a lot.

Box:McDonald's Happy Meal: Sega Sonic the Hedgehog - McDonald's Corp. —  Google Arts & Culture

Also, Sonic Drive-In seem to be teasing an promotion for the movie.:

• Thumbs Up 3

Pretty big find. I wonder if those photos will be removed like the popcorn toppers.

Regarding SONIC, they may do something but one thing to note is that I think most restaurants only do 1 collaboration in terms of toys. So you won't see Sing 2 at both Burger King and McDonald's for example. That being said I am not sure if they can still do something besides toys. That tweet in general was just a way for SONIC to self-advertise themselves. 

This also means we are going to get an interesting commercial soon!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, nobukitsu88 said:

Pretty big find. I wonder if those photos will be removed like the popcorn toppers.

Regarding SONIC, they may do something but one thing to note is that I think most restaurants only do 1 collaboration in terms of toys. So you won't see Sing 2 at both Burger King and McDonald's for example. That being said I am not sure if they can still do something besides toys. That tweet in general was just a way for SONIC to self-advertise themselves. 

This also means we are going to get an interesting commercial soon!

You are probably right. However, they pinned their tweet. It's likely they will do something like this. They might make a special kind of chili dog.:

SonicTransformerSlushes_900.jpg?height=635&t=1496157220&width=1200

Can't wait to see more companies promoting their stuff for the movie!

1 hour ago, nobukitsu88 said:

Here is the new spot I think you are talking about!

I need a high quality version of this ASAP. Those new shots of him going down the mountain made me way more hyped than I thought they would.

• Thumbs Up 1

Definitely a mech as its base shows it towering above trees. The hurricane is possibly a place holder.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if Ben Shwartz didn't have to wear the motion capture camera and dots on his face when he recorded his lines like he did for the original Sonic movie. After all, THAT was for the original design, not the more expressive redesign, which I suspect was entirely animated by hand, meaning he might have worn that device for nothing. 😋

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, ehh123 said:

I wonder if Ben Shwartz didn't have to wear the motion capture camera and dots on his face when he recorded his lines like he did for the original Sonic movie. After all, THAT was for the original design, not the more expressive redesign, which I suspect was entirely animated by hand, meaning he might have worn that device for nothing. 😋

I was wondering why the original movie design of Sonic looked too realistic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yuji Naka is looking forward to the movie. Also, he want one of the Happy Meal toys.:

Also, this was Naoto Ohshima Twitter header.:

1500x500

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Yuji Naka is looking forward to the movie. Also, he want one of the Happy Meal toys.:

Also, this was Naoto Ohshima Twitter header.:

1500x500

YAY! Glad that Yuji Naka is looking forward to this film!

There is a new (what I presume to be) TV spot related to the Super Bowl.

There is also a sweepstakes going on with the coin toss. The official movie discord is telling people to make sure to see the coin toss. I am not sure if something special will be happening then but they seem adamant on actually watching the coin toss live like there will be something cool to see.

Edit: Also unfortunately US only (though you guys get the movie early anyway without the sweepstakes 🙂)
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, nobukitsu88 said:

There is a new (what I presume to be) TV spot related to the Super Bowl.

There is also a sweepstakes going on with the coin toss. The official movie discord is telling people to make sure to see the coin toss. I am not sure if something special will be happening then but they seem adamant on actually watching the coin toss live like there will be something cool to see.

Cool! Yeah, I did hear about that before. On that sweepstakes, they will pick 50 people to go an early screening of the movie. However, only people in the US can join. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm guessing if the coin lands on tails (rimshot), they will activate the sweepstakes. I read the rules. The early screenings are like a week before the official release and if you can't make it to any of the cities where they are screening them (gotta go there yourself), you can just use the passes as free tickets for you and someone else when it officially comes out.

11 minutes ago, ehh123 said:

I'm guessing if the coin lands on tails (rimshot), they will activate the sweepstakes. I read the rules. The early screenings are like a week before the official release and if you can't make it to any of the cities where they are screening them (gotta go there yourself), you can just use the passes as free tickets for you and someone else when it officially comes out.

Yeah those are the details of the sweepstakes!

I just wasn't sure if there is a reason to see it live in particular such as a special coin (doubt it) or something.