Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

14 minutes ago, nobukitsu88 said:

I just wasn't sure if there is a reason to see it live in particular such as a special coin (doubt it) or something.

Could be, but I doubt it.

I will say there is a very common superstition among NFL players that you always choose Tails in any coin toss. So if you want to start an "always bet on Tails" hashtag, its low hanging fruit.

• Thumbs Up 3

The coin didn't fall on Tails, but they still had this extra little promo for an Eggman victory. I love how much energy Paramount is pouring into this marketing campaign, interacting with fans near constantly. 

• Promotion 5
  • Fist Bump 2

1 hour ago, VO.SUPER said:

The coin didn't fall on Tails, but they still had this extra little promo for an Eggman victory. I love how much energy Paramount is pouring into this marketing campaign, interacting with fans near constantly. 

Yeah, Paramount is really promoting this movie hard!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, VO.SUPER said:

So happy to hear Carrey yell "hedgehoooooog!!" in his signature style.

Been wanting that since the first movie lol.

• Thumbs Up 4

Paramount Plus ad that features a Sonic cameo. You know I'm sure if Netflix and SEGA probably hadn't signed that deal for Prime, Sonic could have gotten a Nick show. 

In other news, we get another Sonic movie ad showing Robotnik and Stone. I love these two and their dynamic. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Considering Stone was forgotten about halfway through the first movie, I think this is really interesting. I feel like the writers had ideas for him that they just never got around to. The human characters like Tom and Stone interest me a lot since they're the first characters in the entire franchise that started off in live action.

On 2/13/2022 at 6:12 PM, Graystripe2000 said:

So I’ve seen some people say that that old Reddit leak is true because of specific scenes being in the latest spots. What do you think? (Recap here, for those that missed it. https://welcome-to-green-hills.tumblr.com/post/662226663641432064/sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-2-potential-test)

There are some contradictions:

• Knuckles has an American-like accent, not a British one.
  • The Reddit user gave the example of the motorbug looking like a motorcycle with a ladybug exterior. Buzzbombers look more like wasps.

Neither of these line up that well with what we've seen, and there's no mention of some other big plot details we've seen like the emerald shrine or Agent Stone. Not to mention at least 80% of this is an easy guess that anyone following the movie's development would know about or expect, like the Death Egg Robot.

I'll admit, there is a possibility that this and the other leak that got taken down are true and they just saw different cuts of the movie, since depending on the leak, this one ends with Sonic getting rings to visit his home or fusing the two worlds together with the emerald.

• Thumbs Up 1

Today Viacom (owner of Paramount) is going to make major announcements regarding their future projects and releases. It is quite possible that they are going to announce whether Sonic Movie 2 will be released on Paramount+ (considering that Sonic was in their latest ad, the answer is most likely "yes") and when it is going to release there.

And if the rumor about live-action Sonic TV show ends up being true, I'm going to flip out and somebody will need to call an ambulance for me. Thank you  ❤️

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

There are some contradictions:

• Knuckles has an American-like accent, not a British one.
  • The Reddit user gave the example of the motorbug looking like a motorcycle with a ladybug exterior. Buzzbombers look more like wasps.

Neither of these line up that well with what we've seen, and there's no mention of some other big plot details we've seen like the emerald shrine or Agent Stone. Not to mention at least 80% of this is an easy guess that anyone following the movie's development would know about or expect, like the Death Egg Robot.

I'll admit, there is a possibility that this and the other leak that got taken down are true and they just saw different cuts of the movie, since depending on the leak, this one ends with Sonic getting rings to visit his home or fusing the two worlds together with the emerald.

You know. We haven't seen a motobug. Not even in the leaked toys. Which would be an odd exclusion if they were gonna be there. 

And honestly, a motobug in this style probably wouldn't even look like a ladybug. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I am beyond hyped for this. Paramount clearly has confidence in Sonic 2.

And a Knuckles original series? I couldn't ask for more. Idris' voice may not feel like Knuckles to me but I am beyond excited to see him get some love. i do hope that it isn't live action though. It'd be better off animated so that they can do more with Knuckles, preferably traditional animation kind of similar to the youtube shorts.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Wow! Nice! I didn't really expect for them to officially announced an 3rd sequel that soon. I guess because of their confidence of the movie being an success, they decided to announced it early. 

Looking forward to see more updates on these!

• Thumbs Up 1

Also I wonder with them announcing Sonic 3 already it makes me wonder if Sonic 2 will end on a note like a cliffhanger where it's clear a third part is necessary.

For sure though it means that Paramount has confidence in Sonic 2 and Sonic as a franchise that they want to make several spin offs. Which is smart. Sonic fans always crave more content to learn more about the world and characters. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Also, it's nice to see that Knuckles is getting his own TV show. I wonder if this take place before or after the movie? I guess we will see about it.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Also, it's nice to see that Knuckles is getting his own TV show. I wonder if this take place before or after the movie? I guess we will see about it.

If I had to guess, it'll be set in the gap between Sonic 2 and Sonic 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

They already released the logo.:

Hmm. A red 3. Knux is in this movie, sooo... Shadow or Metal? Who we thinkin', boys?

Spoiler

Also: Gonna need a Christopher McQuarrie-directed spinoff about the Tails-Kukku War. Like, YESTERDAY. /s

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, KingMario05 said:

Hmm. A red 3. Knux is in this movie, sooo... Shadow or Metal? Who we thinkin', boys?

Hide contents

Also: Gonna need a Christopher McQuarrie-directed spinoff about the Tails-Kukku War. Like, YESTERDAY. /s

I have to put my bets on Shadow. Or both in the same movie for a Sonic 3 about 3 Sonics.

Shadow and Metal have such similar powers that doing both is redundant, and I have to assume Paramount would want the most popular and iconic of the two to appear, especially since Knuckles already outclasses Metal.

Either way, things aren't looking too good for Amy fans.

Amy wouldn't have to have too big of a role to appear. I could see them introducing either Shadow and Amy or Metal Sonic and Amy, over both Metal Sonic and Shadow in one movie.

• Thumbs Up 3