Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

5 hours ago, nobukitsu88 said:

Just something worth sharing but according to Deadline, they seem to think/know that Sonic will be one of many things with a spot at the Super Bowl 

The article is a little strange. Some of the things in the article the journalist makes clear are just guesses but then for other things they state what they are hearing behind the scenes as an insider. The way the sentence is written above makes it sound certain that is the plan from Paramount. 

I wonder if it would be an abridged (new) trailer with the full version online or something akin to Sonic 1 as a promo.

I think we can expect an TV spot similar to this if we are getting something Sonic related during the game.:

Also, this is unrelated, Idris is going to be in another Super Bowl commercial.:

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, phobs said:

New Sonic 2 footage!

Some nice new shots. Getting a better look of the Knuckles model and Jim Carrey. 

So I'm guessing that "Sonic meet Knuckles." Line doesn't follow immediately after "Where are my manners?" 

Probably some funny line about getting a partner. 

Also, its quite humorous to see the shorter Knuckles walking ominously with Jim Carrey. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, phobs said:

New Sonic 2 footage!

Some new footage and the colors look gorgeous. Also, new shot of Sonic running on the ocean. I wonder what place Sonic is in? I guess Hawaii? I have an feeling that this shot could likely be in the end.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, phobs said:

New Sonic 2 footage!

Oh man!  This new footage looks amazing!  I just love the lighting on Knuckles and I especially love the shot of Sonic running on water!

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Jango said:

This is looking pretty cool, already more interesting than the first movie. I reeeeeaaaally hope it isn't a flop.

Yeah, I know. Covid might impact the box office performance. However, I think it will be fine. So many people were so excited about Spider-Man and the movie did well in the box office despite Covid concerns. So, I could see the same for Sonic 2.

I know I brought about this a lot before. I just want to use this as a example.

Also, speaking of Spider-Man and in case if you are not aware, Tom Holland is in another video game movie called Uncharted. It's coming up in a few weeks from now. I heard a lot of people aren't liking this movie. However, they released this clip and the reactions to this clip is positive.:

I think that Sonic fans are very passionate like Marvel fans in the sense that they will come to the theater during premiere week and many will rewatch the movie multiple times to support and catch hidden easter eggs etc. With a passionate fanbase like Sonic it is already in a better position than other animated films including Disney. 

Basically it has a lot of the same ingredients for success as Spider-Man, being a hotly anticipated sequel with beloved characters and elements from the series finally appearing that is going to get word of mouth. At least I hope so.

• Thumbs Up 4

47 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Yeah, I know. Covid might impact the box office performance. However, I think it will be fine. So many people were so excited about Spider-Man and the movie did well in the box office despite Covid concerns. So, I could see the same for Sonic 2.

I know I brought about this a lot before. I just want to use this as a example.

Also, speaking of Spider-Man and in case if you are not aware, Tom Holland is in another video game movie called Uncharted. It's coming up in a few weeks from now. I heard a lot of people aren't liking this movie. However, they released this clip and the reactions to this clip is positive.:

Are there early reviews of Uncharted yet?

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Are there early reviews of Uncharted yet?

Well, I think there is one. According to this Brazilian reviewer he claimed that it's good.:

Translation: I watched #Uncharted - Off the Map and I can say that the film has a great chance of breaking the curse that hangs over game adaptations and becoming a box office success. Rather than adapting the first game, the film chooses to tell an origin story - a hit.

Translation: Tom Holland is extremely charismatic - and much more flamboyant - in the role of a young Nathan Drake, who is recruited by the mysterious Sully (Mark Walhberg on autopilot) to find a treasure and find out what happened to his missing brother.

#Uncharted looks like a fun mix of Indiana Jones and The Legend of the Lost Treasure, and despite having few action scenes for a blockbuster (the plane is the biggest of all), it's a movie that develops its characters well and entertains fans with gripping suspense.

37 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Some new renders found on a Valentine's Day paper.

Anyway, if you want to know where this is from, it's from this.

Also more new renders.

• Thumbs Up 1

(Just noticed everything I said had been posted already. But the part where the render had been reinserted back into the poster wasn't.)

FKzWg2nUUAAu4kr?format=jpg&name=large

• Thumbs Up 4

The renders are sort weird, but the picture of Sonic showing Tails the phone is interesting. Wondering if that is a cut from the film. It would be sort of cute to see Sonic showing Tails those type of things. 

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, nobukitsu88 said:

The renders are sort weird, but the picture of Sonic showing Tails the phone is interesting. Wondering if that is a cut from the film. It would be sort of cute to see Sonic showing Tails those type of things. 

It would be cool to see Sonic showing Tails what kind of gadgets Earth has!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

It would be cool to see Sonic showing Tails what kind of gadgets Earth has!

I had a thought of Tails showing Sonic his devise.

Sonic: Wait, you mean there are gadgets where you come from?

Tails: You didn't know?

Sonic: I spent my first years on an island and the most advanced it got was the mystical rings.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ehh123 said:

I had a thought of Tails showing Sonic his devise.

Sonic: Wait, you mean there are gadgets where you come from?

Tails: You didn't know?

Sonic: I spent my first years on an island and the most advanced it got was the mystical rings.

That would be funny if Tails is like "What? You don't know what any of this stuff is?" and Sonic's like "Uh no...I haven't been back on my home planet for over 10 years."

• Thumbs Up 1

The sequel is getting a novelisation by Kiel Phegley who wrote the first movie’s novelisation and it’s probably my fave movie novelisation of all time

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Leebo4 said:

The sequel is getting a novelisation by Kiel Phegley who wrote the first movie’s novelisation and it’s probably my fave movie novelisation of all time

Oh really? I'm curious as to what you like about it so much and if it's worth checking out.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

New photos of Dr. Robotnik (Dr. Eggman)

Also, I think we can expect one more trailer next month.

For anybody wondering where this is from, somebody managed to get the files of the unused renders from somebody which he cannot named. I'm surprised Knuckles wasn't in the poster.:

Spoiler

In early December 2021, I received a package containing materials for Paramount’s upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog film, Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Though I cannot say where I got it or who gave it to me, it contained a Photoshop file for the film’s poster.

Getting the promotional package was a real surprise to me. Though I’ve come to the possession of similar files for other Sonic media, they were usually just a single layer or simplified flattened layers from the actual original file. This one, on the other hand, was the complete workflow of the poster.

After isolating the layers, I was able to get some clean photos of Jim Carrey that were composited to make the final Robotnik render. It gave us a good look at his new suit that will be featured quite prominently in the film.

However, the most surprising discovery… was this.

Nested within multiple folders and hidden within the layers for the Egg-mobile was a completely unused and unfinished render of Knuckles the Echidna.

In the final poster, I found that Knuckles was masked out of the render. Though, it seems they used the same image for the Egg-mobile as Knuckles’ reflection and shadow could still be seen in the poster released, albeit extremely hard to notice.

A mock-up poster

I presume that with the decision to space out the reveal of the poster and the first trailer, Paramount decided to reserve the reveal of Knuckles and instead make his first appearance be at The Game Awards to create a larger marketing push.

Using the layers included in the package, I created a mock-up to show what the poster would’ve been had he not been cut out.

Unfortunately, no official full, clean render of Knuckles was paired with the first trailer which made this a complicated finding. With the real possibility of litigation, sharing the content was an uneasy thought. In the end, waiting for more pieces of promotion to be released was the decision I took.

In regards to the file though, I will continue to wait it out a bit more. I hope everyone can understand, thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Oh really? I'm curious as to what you like about it so much and if it's worth checking out.

A fairly accurate telling of the movie with some details changed and shortened

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/6/2022 at 8:59 PM, CaptainRobo said:

For anybody wondering where this is from, somebody managed to get the files of the unused renders from somebody which he cannot named. I'm surprised Knuckles wasn't in the poster.:

Reveal hidden contents

In early December 2021, I received a package containing materials for Paramount’s upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog film, Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Though I cannot say where I got it or who gave it to me, it contained a Photoshop file for the film’s poster.

Getting the promotional package was a real surprise to me. Though I’ve come to the possession of similar files for other Sonic media, they were usually just a single layer or simplified flattened layers from the actual original file. This one, on the other hand, was the complete workflow of the poster.

After isolating the layers, I was able to get some clean photos of Jim Carrey that were composited to make the final Robotnik render. It gave us a good look at his new suit that will be featured quite prominently in the film.

However, the most surprising discovery… was this.

Nested within multiple folders and hidden within the layers for the Egg-mobile was a completely unused and unfinished render of Knuckles the Echidna.

In the final poster, I found that Knuckles was masked out of the render. Though, it seems they used the same image for the Egg-mobile as Knuckles’ reflection and shadow could still be seen in the poster released, albeit extremely hard to notice.

A mock-up poster

I presume that with the decision to space out the reveal of the poster and the first trailer, Paramount decided to reserve the reveal of Knuckles and instead make his first appearance be at The Game Awards to create a larger marketing push.

Using the layers included in the package, I created a mock-up to show what the poster would’ve been had he not been cut out.

Unfortunately, no official full, clean render of Knuckles was paired with the first trailer which made this a complicated finding. With the real possibility of litigation, sharing the content was an uneasy thought. In the end, waiting for more pieces of promotion to be released was the decision I took.

In regards to the file though, I will continue to wait it out a bit more. I hope everyone can understand, thank you.

I guess Knuckles wasn't in the poster because they wanted to save him for the trailer.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I guess Knuckles wasn't in the poster because they wanted to save him for the trailer.

My guess is that, plus to be honest, the poster looks cleaner without Knuckes in my opinion. 

With him on it, it looks a little.... off balance like he was added on in the corner? Not saying he shouldn't be on the poster, but in an artistic sense, what we got seems a bit more professional. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone think we might get a recreation of the scene where Eggman electrocutes Knuckles from S3&K?

• Thumbs Up 2