Awoo.

New Sonic Unleashed stages released

FeathersMcGraw

Two weeks and already another one? Dang that was fast...could we be expecting a new Adventure Pack every two weeks, perhaps? *scratches chin*

Glad to see they started with two of my favorite stages, too. Will be picking this one up for sure! :D

Edited by Roffles

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternal EX

• JezMM

• Ming Ming Hatsune

• Detective Shadzter

Since I won't be playing it for quite some time, Youtube videos would be much appreciated. No rush or hassle though, I'm sure that they'll pop up eventually.

Act 2-2 is really good. It's hard, but like before it's mostly new, this one even has 3D bits. It was lots of fun despite how hard it was xD

Going onto Act 4 now.

Edited by SuperLink

Even though those DLC-stages seem only to be harder versions of the original stages (of course some new ones there, too) I'd like to play those so bad.

I'm feeling so dumb right now. Why in the heck did I sell my Xbox 360 in the first place? Yup, I needed more money for my cam. I'm getting a new 360 as soon as I go back to work.

I'm so curious to see Apotos DLC. Should be nice. :)

Edited by PeTeRpAn

My full "review" of the levels... IF YOU DON'T WANT ANY NICE SURPRISES RUINED DON'T READ! However if you need to decide whether this is worth your cash or not, read on...

DAY

Act 1-2

Very similar to Act 1. Much less changes than there were in the Chun-Nan pack. Essentially all the places that were empty roads with an enemy here and there before... are now FILLED with bombs and enemies. The platforming on and around the clock tower has been altered a fair bit. The final area's barrels move much faster, the robots in the last run WILL attack if you don't boost into them, and once again, bombs aplenty. Overall not EggmanLand hard but still a decent challenge.

Act 2-2

As SuperLink said... VERY different. No longer a lap race, this is a full fledged level about half the length of Act 1, which weaves in and out of what was once the background of Act 2. You run all along and around the city walls, up the castle's structure and there is a very VERY exhilirating ascension and freefall half way through. Tough as nails, I'd call this EggmanLand hard.

Act 4

A "gimmick" level. Today's gimmick is... the green Eggman robots that fly ahead of you attacking. It's essentially a really long version of the final part of Spagonia. Very very tricky and, as much as it saddens me to say after all my defending of Unleashed's level designs being perfectly fair... this does have some serious trail and error/memorisation going on to beat it that may annoy. The level is about a minute and a half long, and towards the end can get frustratingly hectic due to bombardments of every type of attack (big laser, fire bombs AND electricity wires), tripping obstacles on the ground, enemies that attack you if you aren't boosting, and gaps in the road that you need to see coming to get across (a mixture of QTEs, balloon popping, ramps and rings to get across these gaps). The stage's saving grace above all else is it's appearence. Spagonia at sunset anyone? It's as gorgeous as it sounds. Almost EggmanLand hard.

Act 5

Not as gimmicky as the previous one. Essentially this level is short but sweet and has TONS of air time, you'll be mostly using homing attacks on balloons and enemies, air boosts and some lightning quick reactions to get through it due to very few and very small platforms. Visually it's similar to Act 2, but instead of a grey pre-rainstorm look, it's bright and sunny like Act 1 and 3, but still with lots of cloud cover over Spagonia. It's a trip above the town to the goal at the clock tower. About as hard as Act 4 on Chun-Nan in the last download pack.

NIGHT

Act 1-2

Not a cut area (as expected, none have been discovered), but an interesting setup. You start in the streets before the second barrel rolling area, and must slowly work your way back to the first barrel rolling area where the goal awaits to be discovered. To do this requires thorough exploration to find all the switches in each area to open the gates. You're kept on your toes by each switch spawning some enemies (though it's not a game of chance or a puzzle - you have to hit EVERY switch to continue on). The final area has some rather fiendish exploration, where if you don't explore every possibility you'll never uncover the Goal Ring. Since it's a game of exploration rather than combat or platforming, this level will easily be finished eventually, but if we imagine there were time limits involved, the difficulty of exploration would probably rank around the same difficulty as Adabat Night Act 1.

Act 2

A very cool, 100% new level. It's set in the sewers of Spagonia and has a variety of puzzles and gameplay, but is mostly focused around platforming involving the small sticky out poles you can grab onto and jump off in any direction. A lot of the time they move around in set patterns which require quick planning ahead to make sure you jump at the right moment to reach the next one without hitting the many hazards around. Very aesthetically fresh and pleasing thanks to the brand new envioronment. Difficulty-wise, I'd rank it slightly higher than the clock-tower section of Spagonia Night Act 1.

So there you have it... very, very cool levels overall. I'm thoroughly impressed. And I got my idea of a level mostly consisting of homing attacking too, lol.

Edited by JezMM

Wow, new DLC so soon after the Chun-Nan one? I'm downloading right now! Nighttime act 2 sounds pretty interesting. Act 2 Daytime sounds like it's gonna be a blast too. If only my connection wasn't so slow thanks to BT screwing up my connection speed -__- It'll take about an hour just to download 621MB.

Eh, not so sure if i'll bother downloading this. I haven't bothered with the Chun-Nan stages since downloading them.

Sonic Team should add some extra achievements to give me more of an incentive to buy the DLC.

GIVE ME DLC FOR WII! Sorry, RB2 has DLC, but not unleashed?

Probably because the files are tiny, and Unleashed on Wii may not be set up for patches. This may change thanks to the Wii's super special awesome new update yesterday though. I'm hoping it will improve dlc.

My favourite stages of this dlc pak were easily 2-2, and 5. To be honest, Act 4 was actually pretty crap. The 2nd Werehog level had some decent platforming action, as usual. I do enjoy swinging about, it's a shame there's so much fighting xD

The good stages are better than the Chun-Nan pak's, but Act 4 was worse than any of the Chun-Nan stages.

I'm losing hopes for another full stage, but on the other hand, this dlc fills me with the hope that Sonic Team will pull their fingers out of their arses from now on... just a hope of course.

Holy crap! Act 5 of Spagonia daytime definately isn't for people who fear heights! My jaw dropped when I first saw it, no kidding. Got an A rank on it though on my first try. The higher route you can take by attacking the electric spinner is breathtaking when you go on the rail.

The Spagonia Nighttime act in the sewers was an interesting one. Especially with the 'round-a-bout' of switches within the flames and spiky mines. Maybe too many Big Mothers for my tastes though. I believe it's the first time in the entire game where you use an enemy bigger than a Little Rex to throw to activate a switch.

Act 4 daytime is probably my favourite looking one in this batch of DLC. It either takes place at dawn or dusk and the sunlight effects are pretty swish, how Chip and the Aero Egg's cast crepescular rays around them because they are blocking the strong sunlight. That was an interesting stage too, though the curbs that trip Sonic up did me in a few times.

*Goes back to playing the rest*

Edited by Verte

GIVE ME DLC FOR WII! Sorry, RB2 has DLC, but not unleashed?
Yeah, I doubt that's going to happen. I don't think the Wii version was designed to be able to receive download content. Also, any DLC that Unleashed would receive would take up much more space than any song on Rock Band.

Here's new stuff already and I'm still waiting for the old stuff to be put up.

I can't help but be a little frustrated.

Sega needs to stop making more of the worst parts of Unleashed.

The worst parts are the ones that challenge you? D=

I won't deny that Act 4 of the Spagonia pack has a ton of trial and error, but it's the first level to do so.

Sega needs to stop making more of the worst parts of Unleashed.

Which parts would those be exactly? Because, from my perspective, theirs a good mix of levels in this download pack, with the Sonic one improving over the previous... despite still frustrating the hell out of me.

Man it sucks that the PS3 is once again getting screwed like this. Unless they dedice to spread the love, I'll probably end up having to re-purchase the game for the 360 when I get one (which probably won't be for quite awhile).

It’s almost like this is some diabolical plot to get me to buy the 3rd version of Unleashed (360). I’d at least like an explanation as to why Sonic Team is ignoring the US PSN.

Urge to kill….. rising……

The worst parts are the ones that challenge you? D=

I won't deny that Act 4 of the Spagonia pack has a ton of trial and error, but it's the first level to do so.

Act 2 isn't based on trial and error?

One level is a giant "Secret Rings" section, one level is a series of QTE's, one level is just "hard mode" and one level is a giant pitfall.

Well, I just played through all the stages. I love the second daytime stage, and the second night stage.

The level design is crazy and innovative. I like the other stages too, even though the first stage is just the original level filled with bombs and spikes.

Overall, very good download.

Ps3 Sonic Unleashed 1.2 Patch(44 MB) out now!

No DLC though. As i said earlier in this thread, the DLC will not make it to PSN this month.

The Xbox 360 version got a patch before the DLC was released so no doubt PS3 users will soon be getting the DLC now you've received the patch.

Ps3 Sonic Unleashed 1.2 Patch(44 MB) out now!

No DLC though. As i said earlier in this thread, the DLC will not make it to PSN this month.

The Xbox 360 version got a patch before the DLC was released so no doubt PS3 users will soon be getting the DLC now you've received the patch.

The patch is the most important thing IMO, so I am appeased….. for the moment. I got used to waiting around when the game first launched, so a little delay in the DLC isn’t going to kill me anytime soon.

Still, a reason would be nice. But maybe that’s in the pipes as well.

Spagonia! Hell yeah! My favorite area from the game, I was hoping they'd release more stages for this! :D

Just started the download, it's going really slowly so it's gonna take a while. >_<

Whoppie... a patch for problems I never had. I really hope this is a sign that the DLC comes next week at least.

One thing I've always wondered about the patch... does it fix that bug were you can complete a stage in 0 seconds? I don't want to try it out because I don't want to bugger up my records.