Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

They could have easily just said no to Datel. >_>

Your entire second paragraph is completely and entirely opinion, so it doesn't really pertain to what I said at all.

I haven't been sarcastic since, like, page 16.

They could have easily just said no to Datel. >_>

I'm sure Sony and SEGA could have too, since all consoles before firmware updates had cheat devices, so why haven't they been stopped until now? Probably because Datel use every legal loophole they can find and just get away with it.

Your entire second paragraph is completely and entirely opinion, so it doesn't really pertain to what I said at all.

This whole subject is opinion based. I'm saying why I don't agree with cheating, you're saying why you think it's alright. I don't expect you to agree with me anyway, I'm just objecting to the idea that cheating to beat a game is hunky dorey.

I haven't been sarcastic since, like, page 16.

Oh alright then, "congratulations on that".

I'm sure Sony and SEGA could have too, since all consoles before firmware updates had cheat devices, so why haven't they been stopped until now? Probably because Datel use every legal loophole they can find and just get away with it.

Evidence? I see none.

This whole subject is opinion based. I'm saying why I don't agree with cheating, you're saying why you think it's alright. I don't expect you to agree with me anyway, I'm just objecting to the idea that cheating to beat a game is hunky dorey.

You didn't respond to my statement at all, is what I was saying. I said that there is no "right," way to play a game because what is the "right," way to play a game is opinion, and then you responded with something entirely unrelated.

Evidence? I see none.

Don't need evidence, all it takes is a little deduction. Every Datel product that can be blocked through firmware has been blocked, but up until 7th gen, pretty much no consoles other than the XBOX have had firmware updates. How do you explain the sudden lack of functioning Datel products (that people actually care about)?

You didn't respond to my statement at all, is what I was saying. I said that there is no "right," way to play a game because what is the "right," way to play a game is opinion, and then you responded with something entirely unrelated.

What can I say, it was a hard one to respond to. But can anyone really say the "right" way to play a game is with cheats, even for a system without the means to cheat? In comparison saying it's "right" not to cheat sounds far less ridiculous.

Edited by SuperLink

I can, and arguing against it is pointless because it's opinion and you can't prove me wrong.

:rolleyes:

So hypothetically, if the 360 had no way to use cheats, would you say the 360 doesn't allow players to play games the way they should be played?

Edited by SuperLink

I can, and arguing against it is pointless because it's opinion and you can't prove me wrong.

:rolleyes:

But at the same time wouldnt that mean that you cant prove him wrong?

By the way can we get back on topic, were kind of drifting off right now

So Pogeymans,

I was wondering if anyone else has done this for fun, but as anyone ever had a big defensive party before? I did it in Sapphire long ago with Shuckle, Blissy, Forretress, Wobbufet, and I can't really recall the rest, D=. In the end, I didn't really like it all too much, and I could imagine if I was on the receiving end of a complete defensive team, it'd be a real dick to fight, XD.

Defensive party or not, has anyone just made a specific party of Pokemon before? Like all one type, all a certain species, all starters, etc? I'm just curious in case I'm the only dork here, XD.

-Blur

So Pogeymans,

I was wondering if anyone else has done this for fun, but as anyone ever had a big defensive party before? I did it in Sapphire long ago with Shuckle, Blissy, Forretress, Wobbufet, and I can't really recall the rest, D=. In the end, I didn't really like it all too much, and I could imagine if I was on the receiving end of a complete defensive team, it'd be a real dick to fight, XD.

I once had an ingame team of defensive Pokemon consisting of Giratina (The reason why it was ingame, also I've never actually competetively battled before, I just know alot of strategies and I plan to start competetive battling once I get a good IV/EV'd team but now I'm just waffling on), Umbreon, Milotic, Registeel and a couple of others which I cant remember because it was really boring battling and now I've moved on to training my proper team.

Also does anyone have any tips on how to make the IVing process faster or do I just have to keep going because I'm currently after a Riolu with odd numbered IVs in Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed so it can learn hidden power ice.

Defensive party or not, has anyone just made a specific party of Pokemon before? Like all one type, all a certain species, all starters, etc? I'm just curious in case I'm the only dork here, XD.

Once I had an all-baby Pokémon team consisting of: Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Elekid, Tyrogue and Smoochum on Pokémon Crystal. I've always wanted an Eeveelution team as well... I love Eevees >w< In general, I like having all cute Pokémon on my team, though that usually ends up being highly impractical, strategy-wise. :lol:

I still love this series, though I don't play it often and I don't really follow it... I just love how cute the lil' critters are! And Team Rocket is awesome. Aah, I'm so shallow... :lol:

So Pogeymans,

-Blur

I did had a team of Mantines once in Crystal but they all sucked and died....

Every now and then (mostly when my wrath is provoked) I'll use a team of Charizards. And some have support abilities lie Sunny Day and all that. Other than that yeah...

Oh... I did use Farfech'd on my Crystal team and it was pretty good.

I use mostly Physical Sweepers and attackers. But I'd sometimes mix it up by adding in one defensive Poke and one Special attacker, just for range and variety.

Though one would say use different types of stratergies, alongside different types, I've always been an offensive person, no matter the game (Defence isn't been my strongest point)

I use mostly Physical Sweepers and attackers. But I'd sometimes mix it up by adding in one defensive Poke and one Special attacker, just for range and variety.

Though one would say use different types of stratergies, alongside different types, I've always been an offensive person, no matter the game (Defence isn't been my strongest point)

Youre going to have problems against defensive walls then if you only have 1 special sweeper however you would be able to take down most specially defensive walls.

Edited by Blaziken

(Evil laugh)

I got my female shiny Stunky yesterday morning. I got many of them since I got to 40 and got 10 shinies.

Soon when I get Wi-Fi I might give away some of those shinies.

(Evil laugh)

I got my female shiny Stunky yesterday morning. I got many of them since I got to 40 and got 10 shinies.

Soon when I get Wi-Fi I might give away some of those shinies.

Congratulations on getting the female Stunky. I ust thought I'd ask, what other Pokemon do you have that are shiny?

Congratulations on getting the female Stunky. I ust thought I'd ask, what other Pokemon do you have that are shiny?

THank you.

I have Raticate, Umbreon, Electrike, Shinx, Cubone, Zigzagoon (x5), Skitty, Voltorb (x4), Snorunt, Pachirisu, Dodrio, Spinda and Ralts.

Raticate, Umbreon and Dodrio are from Leaf Green (different safe files).

I see, which ones are being given away in the trades? (If you decide to do the trades)

Edited by Blaziken

Pokemon seems to be getting big again. I remember getting into it back in the late 90s. then sometime in 02,might have been 03, everybody quit talking pokemon and started saying yu-gi-oh, so I lost interest and got into

classic cars.

The last game I played was Pokemon crystal on Game boy color. after it got past 151 of em,

it got kind of overwhelming

It's great to see that the fanbase is growing again. tell me, does the show still come on

TV? if so is it still Ash Ketchum and his buddies?

Pokemon seems to be getting big again. I remember getting into it back in the late 90s. then sometime in 02,might have been 03, everybody quit talking pokemon and started saying yu-gi-oh, so I lost interest and got into

classic cars.

The last game I played was Pokemon crystal on Game boy color. after it got past 151 of em,

it got kind of overwhelming

It's great to see that the fanbase is growing again. tell me, does the show still come on

TV? if so is it still Ash Ketchum and his buddies?

Never noticed. Then again, I've stuck with the series since.

TV show's still on. Ash, Pikachu and Brock are joined by Dawn and Piplup (who I say shares the main character title with Ash, due to how much attention and impact on the series when compared with Ash's other friends) in the Shinoh region, still chased by Team Rocket, going after gyms and contests.

Pokémon never really got small. I think lots of people pretended or tried to hate it when it got "out of fashion", but the Pokémon fanbase has always been one of the biggest fanbases in gaming.

The Anime is well over episode 500 now. Unfortunately time has shown that they really don't plan to take it anywhere interesting... rather than having a plot, it'll just be "monster of the week" until the end of time.

Speaking of TV shows (this has probably already popped up in this 19 page topic of Pokemaniacs, but whatever), has anyone watched the famous Porygon seizure episode before just for kicks or curiosity? I watched it a few years ago with a friend just because I wanted to see what it looked like, XD. I probably should have checked if I could get seizures before I watched it, but it was exciting as a kid in 9th grade, XP.

I think one of the most appealing things to Pokemon, especially in the earlier generations, we're all the mysteries of things like Missingno, clone cheat in Silver/Gold, trying to get Mew, and so forth, ^_^. When you look at it from the outside box, it's just some data in a game and you don't really need to do much with them after you get them really (or after they reach level 100), but there's still something about it that got everyone excited, XD. Pokemon's great, ^^".

-Blur

I wanna watch that episode, but if I get seizures and I get sent to the hospital again, my mum's gonna kill me for doing something I knew very well could possibly cause seizures.

I watched the episode, as well as all the other banned episodes in my recent marathon of the first two series' (Indigo League and Orange Islands). I'm downloading the next two series' (both in Johto) at the moment.

I have to say it was one of the weirdest episodes I'd ever seen. Totally un-Pokémon-like, with some real sense of danger at some point. The flashing did get annoying at points so I can see why people may have gotten seizures. To be honest the flashing was completely unecessary...