Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

Speaking of TV shows (this has probably already popped up in this 19 page topic of Pokemaniacs, but whatever), has anyone watched the famous Porygon seizure episode before just for kicks or curiosity? I watched it a few years ago with a friend just because I wanted to see what it looked like, XD. I probably should have checked if I could get seizures before I watched it, but it was exciting as a kid in 9th grade, XP.

I did. Either it was worse watching it on a real TV screen (I watched it on Youtube), or Japanese kids just aren't as hardcore as we are.

I find it funny that Pikachu technically caused the flashes, yet Porygon and its evolutions haven't had a big part in the anime ever since. They had to suffer for Pikachu's sin. :C

I think one of the most appealing things to Pokemon, especially in the earlier generations, we're all the mysteries of things like Missingno, clone cheat in Silver/Gold, trying to get Mew, and so forth, ^_^. When you look at it from the outside box, it's just some data in a game and you don't really need to do much with them after you get them really (or after they reach level 100), but there's still something about it that got everyone excited, XD. Pokemon's great, ^^".

HOW DO YOU CATCH PIKABLU????

Pokémon never really got small. I think lots of people pretended or tried to hate it when it got "out of fashion", but the Pokémon fanbase has always been one of the biggest fanbases in gaming.

The Anime is well over episode 500 now. Unfortunately time has shown that they really don't plan to take it anywhere interesting... rather than having a plot, it'll just be "monster of the week" until the end of time.

That's a shame.the plot thing. I remember when the pokemon movies would show up at my theater non stop.

500 episodes. damn I've missed a lot

And 12-14 movies, depending on if you count Raikou: Legend of Thunder and Mewtwo Returns as movies. ;)

HOW DO YOU CATCH PIKABLU????
USE STRENTGH ON DA TRUCK B4 SS ANNE LEAVES.

Yeah mang, those myths were the shit. Internet has kind of ruins those ridiculous tales for me though, haha.

500 episodes. damn I've missed a lot

Believe me, you havent, ever since the advanced series started the plotlines were basically "Oh a Pokemon, lets fight it or spend the whole episode trying to catch it. Oh a trainer, lets fight them, oh no its team rocket, oh no theyre doing stuff, they did something stupid, lets go back to fighting the trainer, we win...yay..." but then again the rest of the Anime is like that anyway, thats why I prefer the Manga.

Or rather, plotlines are rehashed, like the episode with Jessie's Dustox leaving similar to the old episode with Ash's Butterfree, and another episode of whether Pikachu should evolve after losing to a Raichu again or not.

Then again, it's not a bad thing for me, as it wouldn't make me wanna look back into older episodes that much. And I pretty much enjoy watching the current series for kicks, anyways.

Yeah, it's predictable, but they don't expect those of us who were around for the first season to still be watching anyways =P

But some of them are really good. My favorite is "A Lean, Mean, Team Rocket Machine" where Team Rocket goes back to their roots and almost successfully pulls off their operation except Meowth figured since they were going old school he shouldn't make the robot electric proof. ;P

With all of the Pokébanter flying around the Internet given the release of Pokémon Platinum, I'm being so tempted to get back into playing Diamond/Fire Red that I've placed a bid on a nice little GB Micro on eBay for my flights in the summer. :wub: I won't play right now until I'm done revising though, nor will I restart. I just hate how obsessive I am over getting good moves for my teams, it's like I need access to Serebii.net's comprehensive index of moves.

With all of the Pokébanter flying around the Internet given the release of Pokémon Platinum, I'm being so tempted to get back into playing Diamond/Fire Red that I've placed a bid on a nice little GB Micro on eBay for my flights in the summer. :wub:

You lucky person. Arent those supposed to be rare? (Well, I've been told that they are rare)

I won't play right now until I'm done revising though, nor will I restart. I just hate how obsessive I am over getting good moves for my teams, it's like I need access to Serebii.net's comprehensive index of moves.

Might I ask, what do you class as a good move/moveset? Is it an all out attackive one with as much strength as possible or strategic ones utilising things like stats, EVs/IVs and type coverage?

You lucky person. Arent those supposed to be rare? (Well, I've been told that they are rare)

Depends if you're fussy about colours; pink ones are common as muck. I'm bidding on a silver one. :3

Might I ask, what do you class as a good move/moveset? Is it an all out attackive one with as much strength as possible or strategic ones utilising things like stats, EVs/IVs and type coverage?

Anything that does lots of damage, really, or confuses/poisons/etc. I'm really not one for a massively defensive team type, and I tried the EV thing with battling certain Pokémon but I was levelling up so slowly that I gave up (and developed a searing hatred for Mt. Moon's Paras population). Normal, non-supernerd levelling while paying due attention what what moves I should learn and what levels would be best to evolve at.

Depends if you're fussy about colours; pink ones are common as muck. I'm bidding on a silver one. :3

Cool, I have a friend who has a silver one. How much are they selling for on ebay?

Anything that does lots of damage, really, or confuses/poisons/etc. I'm really not one for a massively defensive team type, and I tried the EV thing with battling certain Pokémon but I was levelling up so slowly that I gave up (and developed a searing hatred for Mt. Moon's Paras population). Normal, non-supernerd levelling while paying due attention what what moves I should learn and what levels would be best to evolve at.

Oh, I see. Why would it be not best to evolve as soon as you can? I know there are some moves which previous evos learn after the intended evolution level but they mostly suck (There are a couple that are ok but not worth stalling an evolution for)

Cool, I have a friend who has a silver one. How much are they selling for on ebay?

Anything from less than £10 to around £90. Amazon has them at around £40. A pittance, really, considering the quality of the things. Not telling how much the one I'm bidding for is. ;)

Oh, I see. Why would it be not best to evolve as soon as you can? I know there are some moves which previous evos learn after the intended evolution level but they mostly suck (There are a couple that are ok but not worth stalling an evolution for)

Because halting evolution can yield some genuinely worthwhile moves (been ages so can't name any off-hand), and evolving can do the same - the trick is, with some Pokémon at least, to work out what you do want it to learn and what you're not fussed about, also some moves that both will inevitably learn can come 10 or 20 levels later in the evolved form and I'm not that patient.

The most irritating Pokémon are the ones that require "love" to evolve. How I hate them. :angry:

Anything from less than £10 to around £90. Amazon has them at around £40. A pittance, really, considering the quality of the things. Not telling how much the one I'm bidding for is. ;)

My guess is the £10 one :P

Because halting evolution can yield some genuinely worthwhile moves (been ages so can't name any off-hand), and evolving can do the same - the trick is, with some Pokémon at least, to work out what you do want it to learn and what you're not fussed about, also some moves that both will inevitably learn can come 10 or 20 levels later in the evolved form and I'm not that patient.

Yeah, there are a few that learn good moves from waiting but the problem is if you wait for too long and then realise that theres an even better move that the Pokemons evolved form learns at the level which it evolves into that form which you might miss out on because you were too busy tring to get the de-evolved forms move

The most irritating Pokémon are the ones that require "love" to evolve. How I hate them. :angry:

Theyre easy to get provided you have a soothe bell or just train them for a bit, it may be a pain with Pokemon such as Riolu because it dies easily (Although the evolution is definitley worth it) but things like Golbat are able to stand up for itself and fight its way to it loving you.

Hey guys! Where can I get the soothe bell and EXP. Share in Ruby?

I need both so I can get a strong Crobat soon and train my crappier pokemon.

Hey guys! Where can I get the soothe bell and EXP. Share in Ruby?

I need both so I can get a strong Crobat soon and train my crappier pokemon.

You can get the EXP share in Rusturbo City or Lilycoves department store. You can get the soothe bell in the Slateport City's Pokemon fan club. If the first Pokemon in your party likes you enough (Usually your starter will provided you've used it) you will get the soothe bell

Back to my Pokéman Diomands after... lord it must be months if not a year or more. Hey wow I has Umbreon and Vaporeon! :o And a kickass Skorupi which as I recall I went through hell to get, and a bewitching Honchrow. :D

My berry plants died. :(

Back to my Pokéman Diomands after... lord it must be months if not a year or more. Hey wow I has Umbreon and Vaporeon! :o And a kickass Skorupi which as I recall I went through hell to get, and a bewitching Honchrow. :D

My berry plants died. :(

I'm guessing either the Umbreon or the Vaporeon is a female or one of them is migrated/traded.

Also how can a berry plant die? I know they can go back to thier seedling form if you leave them for a while and if you water them they'll (eventually) grow back but I didnt know they could die.

Edited by Blaziken

Umbreon is female. Called her Phoebe 'cause it's an excellent name.

Plants... I dunno, I'm just going by my nearest plant bed which is empty.

Umbreon is female. Called her Phoebe 'cause it's an excellent name.

Cool, whats the Vaporeon called?

Plants... I dunno, I'm just going by my nearest plant bed which is empty.

That must suck. Oh well, berries only come in useful as hold items (And even then its only a few of them) or getting Milotic, not much else really.

Anyone here watch PTAS (Pokemon: The Abridged Series)? <-- YouTube channel link, in case you couldn't tell.

It's basically clips from the Pokemon anime with the voiceovers and sound redone, creating a parody of the TV series.

I've seen that before, its hilarious. My favourite ones are episodes 1 and 14 as well as the movie.

I've never seen PTAS, I always thought it was just another YGO:TAS wannabe, so I avoided it.

The most annoying Pokémon to evolve has to be Feebas > Milotic. I mean Feebas is hard enough to catch as it is, but to actually HAVE to do Contests to evolve it? Ewwwww... >.<

Cool, whats the Vaporeon called?

Vaporeon I named Triton. I forget from which culture it's from exactly, but I believe it's the name of a sea god of the ancient world. Likewise, Totodile I've named Tethys after the ancient Tethys Ocean/Sea/Seaway (remnants of which include the Black, Caspian, Mediterranean, Dead and Red seas.) I like to give my Pokémon names that are associated with who or what they are. :)

I like to give my Pokémon names that are associated with who or what they are. :)

So I'm one of the few people who don't name their pokemon. Maybe I should start.

Actually my Leafeon is named Dawn, though I didn't name him, the person who gave me him did.

So I'm one of the few people who don't name their pokemon. Maybe I should start.

I was like that for ages until just last month I finally decided to emphasise the link between the trainer and the team in the game and named my primary team (plus I got some final inspiration from all the Let's Play pok

Edited by Flint

I like to give my Pokémon names that are associated with who or what they are. :)

I used to do that as well until I could'nt think of anything for my Pokemons names

No, in fact more often than not people dont nickname thier Pokemon. The only times I nickname them now is when I make it so that the name of the Pokemon isnt in capital letters (That always looked odd to me)