Awoo.

The Pokémanz Thread

ovarloard

I wanted a much cooler serpentine form, but this is really awesome as well! Definitely reminds me of Chaos, that final form is badass.

Also in this form I finally understand that Zygarde is the true representation of X & Y.  It is based on cells, molecular structure, DNA & stuff, and his final form shows this by having that blue and red coloring on each arm and on the chest.  Pretty cool detail if I say so myself.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pokémon XZ and Pokémon YZ

They'll figure out a way to release more than one new version again

I would not be surprised if they made use of the obvious resemblance between the letter Z and the number 2.

These have all been officially announced for the west now, by the way, in a manner cleverly avoiding the question of whether they'll ever appear in the games.

Zygarde Cell make up the cells in Zygarde's body, with every Zygarde forme being composed of various numbers of Zygarde Cells.  Zygarde Core collectively form the brain of each Zygarde forme.  Zygarde 10% is the Zygarde forme made up of only 10% of nearby Zygarde Cells.  Zygarde 50% is made up of only 50% of all Zygarde Cells.  Zygarde Complete contains 100% of Zygarde Cells and only appears when the whole ecosystem is under threat.  Also Ash Greninja is a special transformation of Greninja that appears thanks to the strong bond between Greninja and Ash (a.k.a. the fanbase).

Yep, I'm sticking with my theory that Ash Greninja is another anime-reference bonus form akin to Spiky-Eared Pichu and Pikachu-Coloured Pichu.  I am also personally of the opinion that 10% and 50% Zygardes imply that there is the potential for other Zygarde formes at say 20%, 33%, 75%, but they'll be left to the imagination of the individual and we'll simply only ever see 10% and 50% (because designing too many would be silly).  I am calling it now on this pretty radical theory of the exact gameplay relationship between all the Zygarde formes, though:

Zygarde will transition between the formes through levelling up.  At level 1 it exists only as Zygarde Core, but after raising it to level, let's say 10, it becomes Zygarde 10%, and then it becomes Zygarde 50% at level 50 because why not.  But all of these formes are still Zygarde, they're all folded under Zygarde's entry in the Pokedex, and most importantly, they can all become Zygarde Complete - using another gimmicky form of Mega Evolution like the special ones from ORAS.

My theory implies that you will get a Zygarde Core early on in Z and be expected (but not obliged) to raise and use it in the final battle, like Reshiram in Black and Zekrom in White (and a little like Mega Rayquaza vs. Deoxys).

• 2 months later...

Alrighty, guys, we got ourselves a new Pokemon teaser trailer for the legendary-ish Steam Pokemon, Volcanion. In case it's forgotten here, it's actually a Fire/Water type, hence the "Steam" part of its title.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, Volcanion, or as I like to call it, "Gen VI Heatran."  So very difficult to care about since everyone's known about it for two years.

Because it looks like the mixing of Heatran and Gigalith, it kinda fails on the originality front.  Not to mention that it doesn't really seem like a great Pokémon to end the generation on.  Like the Stargate on his back though, that's rad.

I just finally got around to going after the Eon Ticket Lati@s and got me a shiny pair.  Shiny ticket and general frequency increase I like:  took me 3 and 5 days instead of the 6-8 weeks I spent each to get a shiny Giratina and Shaymin in D/P.

• 4 weeks later...

Today, the Pokemon Company revealed their 20th Anniversary Plans.

http://www.pokemon20.com/en-us/index.html

articleImg_20th.jpg

Celebrate 20 years of Pokémon all year long on the official website! We’re looking back at the last 20 years of exciting Pokémon history, and looking forward to many more years of Pokémon fun to come. Take a peek at the timeline, check out some special products, and share your Pokémon memories and moments with other Pokémon fans! Check back throughout the year for more exciting features and opportunities as part of the celebration! Train On.™

Like with Super Mario Maker, they're asking fans for pics and stories to share to celebrate.

We’re asking you, our incredible fans, to share your Pokémon memories and moments here on the Pokémon 20th celebration website! Use the hashtag #Pokemon20 on Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube, and give us your stories, images, and videos to help celebrate 20 years of awesome Pokémon fun! We’ll be posting and updating the website throughout out the year, so check back to see all the amazing Pokémon memories. Accepted submissions will appear on the website, so come back often to check them all out!

articleImg_3ds.jpg

Check out the limited-edition New Nintendo 3DS bundles that come with Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue pre-installed! Each New Nintendo 3DS Pokémon 20th Anniversary bundle comes with special Pokémon faceplates featuring artwork from the original games. Take a look at these awesome bundles where Pokémon games are sold! Coming in February!

articleImg_generations.jpg

Get ready for a special Pokémon TCG expansion launching to celebrate 20 years of Pokémon! The Pokémon TCG: Generations expansion is filled with amazing Pokémon, including awesome Pokémon-EX and powerful Mega Evolution Pokémon. Also, look for the next Radiant Collection—special cards that feature cool art and interesting foil treatments. Pokémon TCG: Generations booster packs will be available in a variety of Pokémon TCG products throughout the year, including a series of Mythical Pokémon Collections and special larger collections that star Charizard, Pikachu, and many other cool Pokémon! Stay tuned for more details on where to find these cards.

articleImg_mythical.jpg

Every month another awesome Mythical Pokémon will be available either via Nintendo Network or at participating GameStop stores. These Pokémon aren’t available during normal gameplay, making them extra difficult to get, so don’t miss these opportunities! Take a look at the calendar of Pokémon distribution events for more details.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm happy most of the mythical Pokémon will be fairly easy to get a hold of, especially Celebi (which I've never had legitimately) and Victini (my personal favorite). I'd rather ALL of them were given away via Nintendo Network, since I don't see a point in making some Gamestop exclusive (or store distributions in this age in general), but I can't be too picky.

Would love to get that N3DS bundle, too, though I'm already settled on just getting the eShop versions on my 2DS. I am still hopeful that the digital versions of the first gen games will pave the way for the second gen to come back, so fingers crossed these do really well.

Oh hey, and let's not forget the early movies are getting digitally remastered. I'm hoping we MIGHT get the first movie with a Japanese language/sub option, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Well played Nintendo.  So we have Sonic starting to celebrate his milestone and Pokémon celebration its milestone.  Now if we can just get Zelda to play its hand...

4 minutes ago, Marcello said:

I hope those legendaries are obtainable in X&Y. I don't have OR or AS.

Yup, at least according to the website, they'll be available in X/Y as well as OR/AS.

5 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Yup, at least according to the website, they'll be available in X/Y as well as OR/AS.

That's great. Thanks for the answer.

And with Pokémon Bank, I could presumably bring them to future games, so that's nice.

13 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

tumblr_o0uu6nDfLS1td9nt5o1_540.jpg

Wonder if we'll get any news?

I would be pretty astonished if we didn't, given that we should have a new main game coming out this year; I feel like you don't name an anniversary date in advance like this unless you're expecting something pretty important to go down.  Apparently the next CoroCoro has a big scoop coming for mid-February, too.  (Edit: Apparently the big scoop I just mentioned is movie-related... but still.)

I love the face plates.  If I absolutely needed to replace my 3DS, this would be the one to do.

I'm happy to get a chance the event exclusives from Sinnoh.  I somehow kept missing them.

It comes at great timing. My friend is working on getting a 3DS; she hasn't played since Crystal.  I gave her my spare DS Lite and a copy of White.  I promised her a few of my extras.  I haven't moved anything up from generation four on. It's been an interesting week and a half pointing in the right direction.

The only thing I care about this is that Mythicals are FINALLY getting mass distribution. Good on you, Game Freak! Please retire the gimmick altogether after Volcanion comes out  - this is 2016, the future is now, there's no need for these limited time only restrictions, and it's really, really dumb.

Also dat Sugimori art.

• Thumbs Up 5