Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

They could be doing the excuses, but as I said pages back, I think they just announced the game then watched reactions to decide what kind of game to make~

Its only been 2 and half, not 3.

Haha! You see I'm pretty horrible at remembering months. :lol: You got it right, mate. It's been two and a half months now. Nevertheless, I think it's not even so bad yet. There're lots of companies that barely give you any info about their projects until they're almost complete. I'm sure they'll show us something soon...or not. :P

Haha! You see I'm pretty horrible at remembering months. :lol: You got it right, mate. It's been two and a half months now. Nevertheless, I think it's not even so bad yet. There're lots of companies that barely give you any info about their projects until they're almost complete. I'm sure they'll show us something soon...or not. :P

Everyone, check SEGA's FTP religiously.

We all know SEGA is horrible at managing that.

Everyone, check SEGA's FTP religiously.

We all know SEGA is horrible at managing that.

It's mainly their private FTP where the best of the best stuff gets put. Only a very small number of community members have access to it though.

SEGA would be crowned the 'King of all Trolls' if Needlemouse turned out to be a new hedgehog character who has a significantly larger role in this game than Sonic.

Project Needlemouse: the new Duke Nukem Forever??

This is more like Haruhi season 2 than DNF.

And it's only been a few months. KyoAni announced Haruhi 2 a few years ago, with no word on its status. (I sure wish they actually animated more than 14 episodes, because I'd love to see more Haruhi, wouldn't you guys?)

At this point you're probably not going to get any information, unless it's after new year.

Edited by A.C.193

Needlemouse confirmed for eight zones being Green Hill Zone 1-3 with slightly different camera angles, tiny layout shifts and occasionally bloom lighting.

• Thumbs Up 1

And it's only been a few months. KyoAni announced Haruhi 2 a few years ago, with no word on its status. (I sure wish they actually animated more than 14 episodes, because I'd love to see more Haruhi, wouldn't you guys?)

I don't think Haruhi 2 recieved a teaser trailer appended with a "2010" though.

Either way KyoAni are god level trolls who are barely comparable to Sega. First they intentionally fuck up the cronological order of the first season, wait years for season 2 to finally be put up and then make half of season consist of nothing but the same repeated, slightly altered episode using the worst excuse for it ever, makes you wonder what the hell they were smoking for those three years.

Sonic3kmonitors.png

POWER-UPS.

Any speculations?

I want more than just the standard shield and magnet shield they've been using for the handhelds.

If you remember Sonic 3, you had 3 elemental shields with special mid-air actions exclusive to Sonic, in addition to their special effects in-game. Would you like to see them return?

I think that they should return, but they should add the regular green shield as well. And I'm sure I'm not the only one to suggest or think of this, but how about a new elemental shield, like an Ice Shield? It'd be a pure-white color, and using it, you could walk on water, kind of like in Mario Galaxy, with the Ice Flower. I was thinking for a mid-air action, Sonic could stop in mid-air, and let an icy fog surround him, freezing any enemies around him, like the New Mario Bros. Wii version of the Ice powerup. But because of the nature of the ice shield, he can't use it underwater. If he is submerged, the Ice Shield will crack and shatter, like when you put ice cubes in water, how they crack, only more EXTREEEEME.

But that's just an idea I had.

Another thing though... what about other power-ups? Didn't Sonic and Tails (Sonic Chaos) have Pogo Shoes? Basically, springs would attach to your soles and you'd constantly bounce for a limited time. I think that should return with a few added mechanics, like if you hit a regular spring with it on, you'll bounce twice as high, or if you jump at the same time as it lands, you'll bounce higher as well.

And lastly, when you get the Super Speed Shoes, should the background music speed up like in most of the games, or should it have it's own special tune like in Sonic CD or Sonic Adventure?

What do you all think?

Edited by Indigo Dude

I think rocket shoes from game gear could work. Another thing is the boost. It could be temporary, not allowing you to use it for a long time and long distance. (i don't like that boost fest in unleashed)

how about a new elemental shield, like an Ice Shield?
Sounds like fun but it won't work. I mean, that kind of shield would require special level design and water areas to run on. Well, at least it would be hard to do. But the idea of adding more elemental shields is good.

Sonic can already run on water, lol.

Oh snap. I know when I'm defeated.

How about... stand and walk on.

The special actions from the elemental shields were a great way to give Sonic some advantages over Tails and Knuckles' special abilities, and they're just a lot of fun anyway. I'd definitely like to have them back, and it'd be good to have a few new ones.

Maybe there could be powerups that could temporarily alter the level in some way. Like... a bullet time powerup, or one that messes around with gravity or solidifies water. It'd be cool to see something that could take advantage of technology the Genesis couldn't handle, but in a subtle way.

Edited by Octarine

Or a Time Stop feature.

I also think Sonic should exclusively have a wall-kick ability. Give him one more edge over the Tails and Knuckles. (assuming they're playable)

I also think Sonic should exclusively have a wall-kick ability. Give him one more edge over the Tails and Knuckles. (assuming they're playable)

I like that a lot. I mean, the newer console games have that as an established ability of his, so it wouldn't be out of nowhere, and I think it'd help keep things fast. They'd have to be careful to differentiate it from Knuckles' wall-climbing, though, (if he's in) and provide situations where one would be useful but the other wouldn't.

Speaking of that, I want to see Knuckles' wall-smashing actually be useful. For something that was originally meant to be the whole gimmick of the character, it didn't see much use even in S3&K.

WOOT! Something interesting to talk about!

For Elemental shields, I've been doing a lot of thinking about them.

Aside from the Ice shield Indigo Dude described, how bout an Air shield. It basically gives Sonic lesser gravity when jumping and falling, allowing him to jump sufficiently higher and gain more air time. Don't think there should be an air move for it since there's not much else an air shield could do.

For other powerups, there could be the Speed Break ability from Secret Rings in powerup form. It can slow down all other objects in the stage. They could even utilize it in a boss battle, e.g the boss has super fast rotating obstacles surrounding it that prevent the player from breaking through, speed break powerups could fall onto the arena and let the player slow the objects allowing him to attack.

• Thumbs Up 1

An air action for that "Air Shield" could involve a quick-stomp styled move, if you needed to get back down to the ground, fast, in a massive tornado gust.

In fact, why not call it the "Wind Shield," where you have the same anti-gravity mechanics, only you have a more tornado-effect involved. It could work.

Edited by Indigo Dude

All good idea's indeed,

For the wind shield, I had an idea in wich, when he spins on himself on place, it creates a tornado wich will protect him from incoming enemies but not energy attacks (beams, fire and the like). Also, the air shield makes him immune to gravity change from zones where the gravity changes constantly like in the Death Egg.

But hey nobody tought of an Earth shield? We got air, thunder, fire, ice and air why not earth?

So here's my idea on it.

For now I tought of 4 abilities:

- When in the air, pressing A + Down makes Sonic crash down on the ground making and earthquake wich destroy all nearby ground-type enemies.

- When on the grass and spinning on place, it collects the grass and creates a camouflage shield where he won't be detected by some enemies wich after a lil while, say 5 to 10 sec the grass will disapear.

- When pressing A in the air, the shield hardens enabling you to hit and destroy spiky or shielded enemies and deflect energy beams.

- If you get hit or jump on fire.... tada!! it turns into a fire shield fooling you opponent and using its abilities and finish him off !!

I think the elemental shield should have 3 to 4 abilities where one of the 4 is the same for whoever gets the shield;

• Bubble shield let any character breathe under water but only sonic could bounce
  • Flame shield lets anyone walk on fire/magma but only sonic could use the flame arrow (thats how I call it)
  • Thunder shield lets anyone walk on magnetic/electric fields but only Sonic could perform a double jump

Having 1 or 2 more abilities could make things more diverse for Sonic and using the other 2 abilities would be as simple as;

One ability is used by pressing A in the air like for the bounce/double jump/flame arrow

The other used when spinning on place

Last is used by either pressing up+a or down +a in the air depending on the ability of the shield

Since we either press right or left in the game to travel, using left/right+a could screw up some people ad frustration fest might be born out of it.

An air action for that "Air Shield" could involve a quick-stomp styled move, if you needed to get back down to the ground, fast, in a massive tornado gust.

In fact, why not call it the "Wind Shield," where you have the same anti-gravity mechanics, only you have a more tornado-effect involved. It could work.

Ah, that's quite clever! Good idea.

Also, the air shield makes him immune to gravity change from zones where the gravity changes constantly like in the Death Egg.

Neat, I was thinking the same thing.

For the wind shield, I had an idea in wich, when he spins on himself on place, it creates a tornado wich will protect him from incoming enemies but not energy attacks (beams, fire and the like).

That sounds exactly like regular spin dashing.

But hey nobody tought of an Earth shield? We got air, thunder, fire, ice and air why not earth?

I was thinking about something like that too, though rather an Earth shield, it could be a Rock shield.

I think it could work like a reverse Wind shield. It increases falling speed, though doesn't hinder jump height to prevent unwinnable situations, and, like you described Unholy, it's air action could be for the shield to harden, protecting Sonic from most attacks and causing an earthquake that destroys any breakable objects on the ground, but renders him immobile in this state. And if he's on a slope while in this state, he will roll uncontrollably downward at far greater speeds and inertia than regular rolling, allowing him to reach greater heights and traverse the level quicker if he can use it on a steep slope.

Those elemental shields sound awesome, but what about a Darkness or Light shield?

My idea for a Darkness Shield would be for it to absorb small projectiles, filling up a special guage that comes with it. When the guage was full, Sonic could unleash a black hole attack that destroyes all on screen enemies & deals a bunch of damage against a boss. The downside to this is that the black hole attack also sucks up & destroys rings, so it can be a bit of a risk when using it in areas around a lot of rings. Also, to balance it out a bit more, using this attack also depletes the shield's power, causing it to disappear.

As for the light shield, it's purpose would be more of a utility than an attack. It would appear in areas with dim lighting, and using the shield would light up the area around them, making it easier to see platforms, enemies & hazards. The shield would also be able to take 3 hits to deplete, instead of the usual one (thus making it less frustrating if you get hit while doing some careful platforming), but at a cost of 10 rings per hit. Sonic's special action for it could be a mid-air burst of light that lights up the entire screen for a couple of seconds, revealing everything on screen for a moment.

I like the idea of a Rock Shield, but as for the air action, even though hardening the thing into a giant boulder is unique, the other effects of the action are the same as the Wind Shield. Perhaps if we enhanced the range of the Rock Shield's tremor damage, and limited the Wind Shield's action to just blowing the badniks away (unless they're directly underneath, in which case they're toast)

But we need to keep in mind that we can't add all these shields without making things too complicated. What other uses around the environment would the Rock Shield provide? It only increases your gravity.

With the Lightning Shield, you not only attracted rings and double-jumped, but you also were immune to electric hazards.

With the Bubble Shield, you not only could bounce, but you could breathe underwater.

With the Fire Shield, you not only could do a dash attack, but you were immune to lava hazards.

I think there needs to be more of a reason to have that Rock Shield.

With the Ice Shield, it makes some sense, in case there's a bottomless pit that's nothing but water, or if there's those "freezing things" from Ice Cap Zone (where the exhaust would encase you in ice) it could protect you, unlike other shields. The air action would have a unique effect, stopping you in mid-air for a bit, then freezing enemies.

With the Wind Shield, it seems useful with the decreased gravity, and the ability to reach unusually high ledges, but remember that this effect would be applied to Tails and Knuckles as well. Unlike Sonic, they don't have a way to dash back down, so they'll be at a rather unfair disadvantage to just fall slowly with no way to speed up the process. The air action, if Sonic, would be really useful, but since it's only Sonic, that doesn't seem fair for this specific shield. Not only that, it doesn't block a specific elemental hazard. The other four mentioned have that hook, this one seems like just a moon-jump code.

And now there's this Rock Shield, and as interesting as it sounds, all it does is make you heavier and make you invincible if you do an air action. While the damage ratio is different from the Wind Shield, it doesn't do much else, and seems like it'd be more of a hindrance. (other than that rolling thing, that seems cool) But aside from that, what environmental advantages does it have? Unless there is a new kind of hazard where touching the ground is fatal, I don't think this is a necessary thing.

These are all good ideas, but need some rethinking in order for them to work, and mind you even if they did, this is a lot of shields. Like, a ton. I could see maybe one more added in addition to regular, lightning, bubble and fire.

Edited by Indigo Dude

How does this have 117 pages if there is no information?

Mainly because people keep posting stuff like this and bumping the post count along.

All these shield ideas sound good, but it'd be cool if SEGA just stuck with the ones from Sonic 3. I remember that Sonic XG fangame having some pretty cool power ups though, like the 'Feather' allowing Sonic to jump really high. They could even add in the gold shield from Sonic 3D and allow players to do homing attacks, if that doesn't come as standard already.

They could even add in the gold shield from Sonic 3D and allow players to do homing attacks, if that doesn't come as standard already.

Well, if the Rush games are anything to go by, I'm pretty sure it will be...