Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

Which will likely be Needlemouse anyway IMO, because Sega probably thinks that's what Classic Sonic actually is.

There's at least one reason why I lack confidence in this project regardless of platform.

Yes I agree, that teaser trailer eliminated ALL HOPE I EVER HAD IN THIS PROJECT, with ALL IT SHOWED US OF THE GAME. this game is going to be terrible

Terrible in a retro revival aspect =/= terrible game.

Seeing as how the Rush series is the only consistent and universally praised series Sonic has going for him at the moment, a console based Rush game would likely kick all kinds of ass and any ass related paraphernalia to boot.

It just wouldn't be what the retro fanbase wants from it (but we should be used to that by now, right?).

Yes I agree, that teaser trailer eliminated ALL HOPE I EVER HAD IN THIS PROJECT, with ALL IT SHOWED US OF THE GAME. this game is going to be terrible

Way to miss the point. My skepticism stems not from the trailer, but from history.

Terrible in a retro revival aspect =/= terrible game.

Seeing as how the Rush series is the only consistent and universally praised series Sonic has going for him at the moment, a console based Rush game would likely kick all kinds of ass and any ass related paraphernalia to boot.

It just wouldn't be what the retro fanbase wants from it (but we should be used to that by now, right?).

Now, this, I won't really argue with, honestly. A good Sonic game regardless of being a failure in the retro revival department is still a good game. But that doesn't excuse it from completely missing its own point, and it would also be evidence that Sega wouldn't be able to replicate the classic experience in 3D even if they tried, which would likely mean another Unleashed.

And pretty much everyone here knows my opinion of the game ranges from apathy to hatred. Personal opinion, of course. But I'd rather not have another game like that.

Edited by The Sniper
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

And pretty much everyone here knows my opinion of the game ranges from apathy to hatred. Personal opinion, of course. But I'd rather not have another game like that.

Would you admit unleashed was better then the game taht came before it (and the one before that, even) ?

Would you admit unleashed was better then the game taht came before it (and the one before that, even) ?

It was better than Sonic 06, of course, but you'd have to be insane to say otherwise. Pretty much all of the other 3D games, I enjoyed more than Unleashed, or at least more than the 360 version, anyway.

Edited by The Sniper
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Sonic Unleashed is probably my favorite of all the 3D Sonic games, in all honesty, and my second favorite in the franchise, my favorite being Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

It was better than Sonic 06, of course, but you'd have to be insane to say otherwise. Pretty much all of the other 3D games, I enjoyed more than Unleashed, or at least more than the 360 version, anyway.

I think you need to reaply Shadow The Hedgehog and Sonic Heroes. Unleashed is far more solid.

I think Sonic Team are improving in terms of release quality, but we'll see how this turns out.

• Thumbs Up 1

What worrys me is that the trailer said (yes, it talked to me) " Speed Returns". Weren't Rush and Unleashes fast enough? I mean they were alot faster than the classics. From what I understand that game'll just be Classic design with Unleashed Speed minus speed boost. :-/ I hope I'm wrong of course. And I'm not say the game will be like that, just that, thats what " Speed Returns" tells me.(that was alot of "thats" XP). I want the game to be speed-wise like Sonic 3 or maybe Sonic Advance 1....

Oh and that Sonic Classic Collection thing: If that is really 100 $ (Which I can't imagine) that would be a total rip-off. I'm sure you can get the games alone alltogether cheaper by XBLA and Virtual Console. I'm not sure if they are out for Playstation Store, though. And the Videos'll probably be on Youtube after a while anyway.. If its on DS for 40 $, I'd probably buy it. Oh, and they call "Sonic 3 and Knuckles" "Knuckles in Sonic the Hedgehog 3" lol.

Somebody has a crush. <3

:3 Totally. Something about those crazy Australians makes me love them, regardless of my sexual orientation. Damn you Remz and Sezza! >8(

Also, I have a feeling we're going to get some more information really soon, since the New Super Mario Brothers Wii was released today in the USA and Canada. Surely SEGA has some hype-footage that it wants to let out of the bag for us to deter us from Mario...right?

:C RIGHT?!

How people are getting all these prophetic messages from trivial things like 'Speed Returns' I have no fucking clue.

Face it, we don't know anything. Stop grasping at straws.

• Thumbs Up 2

Somebody has a crush. <3

Also you Wii owners will be getting Sonic Rush Wii. Have fun.

Just to be clear, your lying/guesing right?

Oh and that Sonic Classic Collection thing: If that is really 100 $ (Which I can't imagine) that would be a total rip-off. I'm sure you can get the games alone alltogether cheaper by XBLA and Virtual Console.

Probably not, no. Just buying all of the Genesis games on Virtual Console would be nearly $50, which would only net you straight roms with shitty/mediocre optimization/emulation and absolutely no options whatsoever.

There was once a time when Speed was synonymous with Sonic

There was once a time where speed wasn't the only defining feature of Sonic, as well.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've got Mega and Gems collection for GCN and can play them on my Wii so chances are I'll never touch a new Sonic collection again. Maybe if it has everything Mega and Gems had plus a few extras like Chaotix and the like, but otherwise these new collections are worthless to me. I don't really care enough about things like online leader boards or updated resolution to re-buy the games again.

Also I liked the Sonic Rush games, but I'll be pretty disappointed if PN is just Sonic Rush HD. It could end up as a good or even great game, but after all the classic style teasing we've been getting it just wouldn't satisfy me personally.

Sonic was always advertised as being fast. Blast processing, SEGA does what Nintendon't etc =P

He was never advertised as a *complicated junk about physics* platformer.

So everyone saying the game is going to be like Sonic Rush just needs to be quiet =P Sonic was known for speed during the Genesis era, SEGA is making this game for those people.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic was always advertised as being fast. Blast processing, SEGA does what Nintendon't etc =P

He was never advertised as a *complicated junk about physics* platformer.

So everyone saying the game is going to be like Sonic Rush just needs to be quiet =P Sonic was known for speed during the Genesis era, SEGA is making this game for those people.

You are confusing marketing with actual substance. Sonic was known for his speed. It was his defining trait compared to Mario. The classic games themselves, however, were in fact much more than speed alone. Sonic Rush wasn't. Ergo, if the game bills itself as a retro-revival and instead just plays like Sonic Rush, there is a problem.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

You are confusing marketing with actual substance. Sonic was known for his speed. It was his defining trait compared to Mario. The classic games themselves, however, were in fact much more than speed alone. Sonic Rush wasn't. Ergo, if the game bills itself as a retro-revival and instead just plays like Sonic Rush, there is a problem.

Yeah... and the trailer was marketing...

You guys are judging the game based off marketing =P

Just chill out and wait until we see gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 2

Unleashed was a small step in the right direction for Sonic. Hopefully we'll see even better things come from that HEDGEHOG ENGINE of theirs.

Sonic 2k6 was a great step in the right path. ( I'm waiting to get flamed to hell) But I'm seriously thinking this game is a BUST. no info in how many months? Or many be it feels longer than it actually is due to how everyone is talking about it. ( on the net on sonic sites anyway) I REALLY think this is a no show tho.

nd no... I was joking on sonic 2k6....... tho I used to defend that game........ I need a doctor.

I wouldn't. Unleashed was seriously garbage. I much preferred Sth'06, Shadow and, in fact Sonic Heroes is probably my favourite 3D Sonic so far.

I don't think Unleashed took any steps in the right direction.

How people are getting all these prophetic messages from trivial things like 'Speed Returns' I have no (EDIT – Inflammatory -T)ing clue.

Perhaps because it says those exact words "Speed Returns" in the little 27 second trailer if I recall correctly. Although I don't think it's the speed they need to worry about returning, but rather the fun gameplay, simple story, good surreal levels, and Eggman being the F8cking villain for once.

• Bad Quality Post 2

I wouldn't. Unleashed was seriously garbage. I much preferred Sth'06, Shadow and, in fact Sonic Heroes is probably my favourite 3D Sonic so far.
I'm not sure how anyone can say they prefer 06/Shadow over Unleashed, and on what grounds they can make this judegement. seriously, that's just ridiculous man.

Perhaps because it says those exact words "Speed Returns" in the little 27 second trailer if I recall correctly. Although I don't think it's the speed they need to worry about returning, but rather the fun gameplay, simple story, good surreal levels, and Eggman being the (edit: Inflammatory -T ) villain for once.
You'd do well to read the discussion we had on marketing earlier.
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm not sure how anyone can say they prefer 06/Shadow over Unleahsed, that's just garbaage fanboy hyperbole

Easily. I dislike anything that associates Sonic highly to being "our world". I prefer to think of Sonic as this surreal world all of its own, like it was in classic days, and could be all up until SU. Therefore I can't like SU. Easy, see? Besides that the game was lame. At least the cheesyness in say Sonic Heroes was fine, not barely bareable like Chip in SU. And I do in fact (as much as I know its crap) dont mind Sth'06 at all. It had some good points and was enjoyable, even Shadow was enjoyable bar the stupid aliens. Sonic Unleashed has nothing enjoyable for me..besides I guess..the music was nice.

You'd do well to read the discussion we had on marketing earlier.

Ah,yes well my mistake. Speed returns doesn't really conjure up much to debate about.
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Easily. I dislike anything that associates Sonic highly to being "our world". I prefer to think of Sonic as this surreal world all of its own, like it was in classic days, and could be all up until SU.

What is it about Unleashed, exactly, that pushes the series too close to "our world"?

And I'm assuming the Adventures didn't do it, despite also basing locations on the real world, yes?

Unleashed, if anything, pushed Sonic away from "our world" by clearly giving names to continents that don't exist on our earth. Yeah, according to the official games Sonic lives on Earth but it is definitely not the Earth as we know it. Take Pixar's Cars for example, clearly Earth but not the Earth as we know it. Cars 2 will feature a global racing tour, furthering the fact that it is and isn't Earth.

Anywho, I'd be content with Needlemouse going either way. I absolutely loved Unleashed's world, and really felt that it meshed with Sonic much more than Adventure 1&2 did. In fact, I could see SA1&2 being in the same world as Unleashed much more than I could see '06 fitting in with the world of the past games.

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 1