Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

15 Mil? The fuck?

Just did some research, it sold around 3.5 mil in total, I COULD HAVE SWORN I've read that it sold 15 mil though D=.

So what he was saying is that one year we might get a Sonic game for classic fans and then the next year will be one aimed at the kiddies? I could live with that providing the classic style ones are actually good.

Just did some research, it sold around 3.5 mil in total, I COULD HAVE SWORN I've read that it sold 15 mil though D=.

You sure you didn't read 1.5 mil somewhere?

If it was 15 mil, that would've outsold, or at least equalled the all Classic Sonic games combined. No way in hell ShTH could've sold that much.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

You sure you didn't read 1.5 mil somewhere?

If it was 15 mil, that would've outsold, or at least equalled the all Classic Sonic games combined. No way in hell ShTH could've sold that much.

Even 1.5 mil sounds farfetched for ShTH.

2D, 3D... I don't care how many Ds Sonic has as long as it's fun.

You can make shit quality games because they're for kids? Just because you want to sell to kids, it doesn't mean you should get poor scores. Why not try to do better. Thanks for the money fans! We think you're a bunch of idiots! Anyways, I was kind of glad to hear that French interview, since he put it a different way than Sean Ratcliffe.

2D, 3D... I don't care how many Ds Sonic has as long as it's fun.

You can make shit quality games because they're for kids? Just because you want to sell to kids, it doesn't mean you should get poor scores. Why not try to do better. Thanks for the money fans! We think you're a bunch of idiots! Anyways, I was kind of glad to hear that French interview, since he put it a different way than Sean Ratcliffe.

That's what SEGA thinks about Wii owners in general hahahahhah, but I won't get into that ;)

Even 1.5 mil sounds farfetched for ShTH.

Actually, that's quite real. As lame as it was, ShTH has sold around that much and became a "Greatest Hits" on the GC, PS2, and Xbox.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

By 2006 the game had sold over a million copies on PS2, approx 0.6 million on Gamecube, approx 0.6 mil on Xbox and an additional 0.4 mil as a PS2 platinum game. Thats around 2.6 million copies shifted, which I'm guessing is average for a multiplatform title?

The focus groups might have said they liked the Werehog better, but could that have been because God of War is a better game than lol hold X?

Oh, and Sega seems to have learned the hard lesson that focus groups don't always translate into sales. For a Sonic game, Unleashed was dead in the water and Black Knight was an unmitigated flop.

By 2006 the game had sold over a million copies on PS2, approx 0.6 million on Gamecube, approx 0.6 mil on Xbox and an additional 0.4 mil as a PS2 platinum game. Thats around 2.6 million copies shifted, which I'm guessing is average for a multiplatform title?

I'd say that's above the expectations than we thought of the game, although Sonic reaching or breaking a million units isn't exactly news.

I'd say that's above the expectations than we thought of the game, although Sonic reaching or breaking a million units isn't exactly news.

Still, I imagine ALOT of those copies were bought by people who had bought Heroes as a first Sonic game, were satisfied with it, then bought ShTH expecting something similar.

I know there isn't much to talk about with Needlemouse yet, but can we get back to it please? We are starting to go a little bit away from it with this Shadow The Hedgehog shizz, ^^". Thanks guys, =D!

I wonder just how nostalgic Sega is going to go with this game. I mean, will we finally have Eggman in his random but awesome machines as bosses, creative badniks, and monitors again? Or will it just go as far as keeping rings and being 2D?

I really wish we could just have a short video by now, XP. I'd love to actually discuss something about it, =3.

-Blur

I still have a strong feeling that something will be announced tomorrow since it's the 17th anniversary of "Sonic 2-sday". I can't think of a better day to reveal something on PN than that.

I still have a strong feeling that something will be announced tomorrow since it's the 17th anniversary of "Sonic 2-sday". I can't think of a better day to reveal something on PN than that.

Damn you, now you got my hopes up.

Exclusive first screenshot of Project Needlemouse!!!

...Well, I'm still hoping one of these days we'll actually see more from the game. We don't know anything. We haven't known anything for over two months now. Come on SEGA, pwetty-pwease. ;3;

I mean, even some info would be nice... Stir up the hype a little more... Make us make another 100 pages until we get something... I think the game won't be exactly like the 2D games though.

Or maybe my screenshot is right and maybe they are going for NES styled graphics like Mega Man 9-shot-

Edited by Dusk the Crypt Keeper
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Gwah, you had me excited for 2.5 seconds. I guessed we would be updated in November, but it's almost passed.

Edited by Stretchy Werewolf

Gwah, you had me excited for 2.5 seconds. I guessed we would be updated in November, but it's almost passed.

Project Needlemouse: the new Duke Nukem Forever??

Vapourware ho!

I think we will see our first gameplay in end of January!Seriously!It's been only two months since we saw the teaser!

Edited by Totally

Project Needlemouse: so secret, even the developers don't know if it actually exists

It's probably true.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think we will see our first gameplay in end of January!Seriously!It's been only two months since we saw the teaser!

Ehh...It's been almost four months now. Anyway, why are you people so impatient? Eventually we'll get more info and coverage of Project Needlemouse. I'm quite sure we'll see at least some pics at the end of this year. In any case all of us will be psyched on it.

I know there isn't much to talk about with Needlemouse yet, but can we get back to it please? We are starting to go a little bit away from it with this Shadow The Hedgehog shizz, ^^". Thanks guys, =D!

I wonder just how nostalgic Sega is going to go with this game. I mean, will we finally have Eggman in his random but awesome machines as bosses, creative badniks, and monitors again? Or will it just go as far as keeping rings and being 2D?

I really wish we could just have a short video by now, XP. I'd love to actually discuss something about it, =3.

-Blur

For the bosses I hope they are like the classics. I just don't want them to be like the Sonic Advance 2, Sonic Heroes(Well some of them) and Unleashed's day time bosses (The night time ones were great, though.)

I also hope we get classic Badniks, not shitty Eggpawns or whatever they are called. Even the GUN ones would be ok. I just hate what we've been getting since Heroes :(.

Ehh...It's been almost four months now. Anyway, why are you people so impatient? Eventually we'll get more info and coverage of Project Needlemouse. I'm quite sure we'll see at least some pics at the end of this year. In any case all of us will be psyched on it.

The trailer came like on the 8th of September. Its been 3 and a half months almost ;).

Edit: Woops, Blue Blood is right XD. Errr... Thats what I meant to type?

Edited by MarcelloF

Its only been 2 and half, not 3.

This really is quite the teaser that SEGA are holding out on though. I really am beginning to question just how long they wish to keep us in suspense for. And this suspense is a nasty one, because so far it's just what a load of us have been yearning to see since '98.

Well, they obviously just woke up one day and said "Hey, let's make a 2D Sonic and make a teaser for it" and just put that simple trailer up there before actually developing the game.

Expect information to be released 1 day prior to release.