Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

I made a couple things, what do you guys think?

EDIT:OMG...sorry bout the extremely huge pics

Awesome! Guess you'll have to tell them your handing in a prototype of an actual badnik rather than concept art. *shotgunned for lame gag*

SEGAEntry.png

\o/ ily Spiker.

=( Well I guess it's not really concept art, style, but I Tried that earlier, and it made me frustrated... Bah xD. Either way.

I imagine that it's going to be:

1) Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (Since that's a rumored internal title)

2) a Green Hill Zone-like level with oddly out-of-place palmtrees and such.

3) a clip of the music from one of the zones, or the theme, I dunno. Only a clip, though!

Edited by Aptiva

I've gathered around 50 of these arts and posted them on my blog.

Click on each picture to go on different articles:

49094097_p.jpg

49109959_p.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Has it occurred to anyone yet* that Tuesday, February 2nd is Groundhog's Day?

That seems like the perfect kind of set-up that SEGA Marketing would take advantage of. I'm kind of betting that either gets a nod or would lead to the actual reveal being on Tuesday rather than Monday. (They'll probably need a full work day just to count the entries and pick their favorites anyway.)

*If so, completely disregard this post.

• Thumbs Up 3

That seems like the perfect kind of set-up that SEGA Marketing would take advantage of. I'm kind of betting that either gets a nod or would lead to the actual reveal being on Tuesday rather than Monday. (They'll probably need a full work day just to count the entries and pick their favorites anyway.)

That's an excellent idea, hopefully you're right.

+ the Season 6 of Lost premieres, Tuesday will be a great day.

I'd be rather disappointed if we had to wait until Christmas for the release date of Project Needlemouse. I have a feeling we'll have to wait that long anyway.

That would be cool. The Motobug pic did say February would be a good month, so I'm guessing this is the month where we'll start getting alot of infso even outside of the contest.

Btw, I think this game should come out on a Thursday. Sonic Foursday sounds the more like Thursday then any other week day. Of course my logic only works if the game is called Sonic 4 :D

Silver_Sonic_Head_by_StasisDesigns.png

I was intending to make a fully edible Silver Sonic, but due to lack of money (didn't get paid :@) this is the best I can do. Oh well, turned out ok

• Thumbs Up 2

No idea where to enter but here's what I've done for the past hour.

scorpio2o.th.jpg

I did the best that I could tho.

With the blogs, email and PM, we MUST have hit 100 by now surely...

I'm positive we have as well. But I don't think they'll announce anything until next week. (Monday/Tuesday)

I'm positive we have as well. But I don't think they'll announce anything until next week. (Monday/Tuesday)

They said it would be Monday. And they also said they'd be informing us of our progress during the week/weekend, but have yet to do so, right?

PNbadniks.png

Here's what I managed to due in between classes. Tonbar - S&K , Basaran - Sonic 1 and Sasori - Sonic CD

• Thumbs Up 1

Scratch_the_Rooster___Concept_by_angus.jpg

My submission. Scratch needs more love.

EDIT: Great to see so many people entering! Nice that a game can bring people together like this. :)

Edited by Nemain
  • Thumbs Up 2

UPDAAAAAAAAAAATE

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/01/29/the-needlemouse-challenge-part-ii-updates-and-featured-art/

tl;dr version:

-We have over 350 entrants in 48 hours!

-Next week is gonna be the "Week of the Hedgehog" starting on Tuesday/Groundhogs Day, with concept art, merchandise giveaways, AND a special announcement. "Trust us when we say that February is going to be a very good month."

-"Project Needlemouse is not an HD version of Sonic 1. These may be old badniks, but when we said all-new adventure, we meant it."

• Thumbs Up 2

-"Project Needlemouse is not an HD version of Sonic 1. These may be old badniks, but when we said all-new adventure, we meant it."

I'll believe it when I see the new character(s).

My memory's bad but hasn't "The Week of the Hedgehog" been used before? (Not Sonic 3's Hedgehog Day, I remember that)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The celebration will begin next Tuesday on Hedgehog Day, (step aside, groundhog!)

Called it.

I'll believe it when I see the new character(s).

Come off it, Yong. It doesn't need new characters to not be a rehash. Your logic makes no sense.

I doubt we'll see new characters. What we MIGHT see is "first introductions" of some more modern characters, though I kinda doubt that. It won't feature any new characters unless this game takes place during the modern games, which I doubt will be the case. More than likely it'll be after Sonic 3 [& Knuckles] (though not necessarily literally being Sonic 4).

When I say "first introductions," I'm talking about some characters who clearly have pasts prior to their debut appearance, but the main cast simply doesn't know them very well yet. Big and Rouge are potential candidates. I could also see potential for Chaotix appearing. However, I doubt any of them will appear at all. Nor do I think we'll be getting any new characters. It'll just reuse the classic cast, in a new adventure (perhaps with unlockables, but only Sonic being available from the start).

I'd dont think SEGA's concerned enough about the Sonic timeline to set this before modern games- I imagine it will retain all events heading up til unleashed, and if not that and it is set after S 3 & K yet before the rest, I think we can expect some serious retconning of the later cast.

Wasn't big already eliminated as a character in that teaser the other week? rouge too?

• Thumbs Up 1

The only characters that weren't on Challenge 1's list that I can remember are Tails. Knuckles, Rouge, Espio, , Metal Sonic, Cream.and Eggman.

Eggman will no doubt be in and hopefully as the final boss too, none of this monster crap, Tails and Knuckles go a long way back so could possibly make a non playable appearance, Metal Sonic could make an appearance as one of the bosses but as for the others I very much doubt they'll appear.

The way we were asked to only send in artwork of enemies from the Mega Drive days strongly suggests characters after that era won't make an appearance at all.